• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold/Silver/Miners... the tide is turning in our favour

vand

Recent price action has been very bullish. Firm medium-term uptrends have now been established.

GDX action has been particularly noteworthy.

Remember this is a sector that tripled within 6 months during the first half of 2016. It could easily do so again if gold continues attracting buyers.

Look at the performance of GDX vs the stock market in the last 6/12 months:

big.chart?nosettings=1&symb=GDX&uf=0&typ

big.chart?nosettings=1&symb=GDX&uf=0&typ

21 minutes ago, Shinus73 said:

Good - my SIPP is heavily weighed down with gold and silver mining stocks and needs a boost!

Up 5% yesterday though.

Mine too, plus my trading account..which more than paid for my Gruffalo purchases yesterday😀

All hinges on the Fed minutes at 7pm now...let’s hope Gerome is Dovish!

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Technical setup is starting to look very good.

While I can't guarantee that the intermediate bottom is now in, the metals themselves have corrected as much as they need to. Meanwhile the mining sector has behaved itself impecabbly and shown excellent relative strength, indicative that its anticipating higher metal prices ahead.

While the dumb money is chasing an incredibly stretced stock market, the smart money has been patiently positioning itself the PM sector for the next  leg up. Let's see where we are by Easter.

2 hours ago, vand said:

While I can't guarantee that the intermediate bottom is now in, the metals themselves have corrected as much as they need to

I think we will see a small window of opportunity in Early Jan at $1450 after which I am suspecting a multiyear bull run cycle. 

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

Simple TA interpretation that the current consolidation pattern is complete:

Capture.png

The scuttlebutt is that the bullion banks are heavily short and could easily get short squeezed if they can't keep a lid on the price

1 hour ago, vand said:

Short squeeze is on.. 

Right, but I think that a retracement and a successful retest around  1500/1520 , see 1480, would be healthy. The market seems to believe  it with a divergence as miners were flat to down on Friday. I am curious to see if they are going to catch the gold trend or stay flat today. GDX (gold miners index currently at 29/29,50) is  still below its 6 years strong  resistance around 31/32. A breakout above this resistance would definitly make it skyrocket to the 50 area  so a 70/80% potential on the upside for miners

The miners have been a bit laggy, but this is nothing unusual and is probably indicative of the nervousness of the early part of the rally. I expect a big catch up in GDX once its clear that the move is genuine and resistance from 2016 is  cleared. I would have GDX ~40 as a H1 2020 target.

Archived