• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

So, who got a grufallo?

lightjaw

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I chose not to. I was going to look at the gold one and see what the mintage was etc but decided not to bother, the design didnt really appeal to me. I may pick up a BU or a silver one for the kids but not for me I dont think.

31 minutes ago, longplay said:

That had gone at ~3:30 when I looked. @Kookaburracollector must have grabbed one of the last.

-Hope I did! (I started in the queue at c7234 in front of me)

Hi, the most frustrating thing about last night and this morning, was how the queue timer changed so quickly. At 00-15am I was advised 9 mins wait..at 00-30 it jumped to an hour!

Got to checkout at 1am, only for the system to crash me out at the confirm payment stage. It then took another hour to pay - main issue was -in the meantime I  had added to my basket again and exceeded the coin allowance, but it doesn’t tell you this!! ( my basket looked empty)

Having spent the last 5 years of my PAYE life working in Process Improvement, I am astounded at how an organisation like The Royal Mint can be so bad. I don’t think the Lean Six Sigma boys and girls have ever set foot in the building!

Such a shame the whole buying process was so poor (my first experience), and that’s coming from someone who may have actually got what they wanted. I genuinely feel sorry for all the parents and kids out there that will be starting the day disappointed.

The sad fact of life is, that there are so many people out there that are just intent on making a quick buck, which you can’t blame them for..but as a parent with two children, mine will not be being flipped any time soon (unless they go crazy expensive 😂 🤑.)

Hopefully TSF members having experienced this before, will have fared better than most.

19 minutes ago, Kookaburracollector said:

-Hope I did! (I started in the queue at c7234 in front of me)

Hi, the most frustrating thing about last night and this morning, was how the queue timer changed so quickly. At 00-15am I was advised 9 mins wait..at 00-30 it jumped to an hour!

Got to checkout at 1am, only for the system to crash me out at the confirm payment stage. It then took another hour to pay - main issue was -in the meantime I  had added to my basket again and exceeded the coin allowance, but it doesn’t tell you this!! ( my basket looked empty)

Having spent the last 5 years of my PAYE life working in Process Improvement, I am astounded at how an organisation like The Royal Mint can be so bad. I don’t think the Lean Six Sigma boys and girls have ever set foot in the building!

Such a shame the whole buying process was so poor (my first experience), and that’s coming from someone who may have actually got what they wanted. I genuinely feel sorry for all the parents and kids out there that will be starting the day disappointed.

The sad fact of life is, that there are so many people out there that are just intent on making a quick buck, which you can’t blame them for..but as a parent with two children, mine will not be being flipped any time soon (unless they go crazy expensive 😂 🤑.)

Hopefully TSF members having experienced this before, will have fared better than most.

Sadly this is par for the course for the RM. At least they have a q system now which didn't exist before. Lots of people will be buying to flip, i know I bought two with the idea of selling one.

I got 1 gold and 2 proof silvers. Gold for me and the silvers for the nieces, unless they rocket in price I which case they will relegated to having the BU versions...

i was in the departure lounge in the US and apart from queueing from 11:30, I was in by 12:10 and then it crashed. I refreshed expecting to finback to the start of queue but I was at the buying page! Took nearly 30 mins to make payment, and deal with a Lloyd’s bank security check on my card!!!

I had a friend in the UK who was trying to get them as well, but he got completely locked out.  Having bought mine, I was able to to order his for him as well

Agree with @Kookaburracollector tho, this was a terrible experience. There was a gold one on eBay before I’d even secured mine! 

Archived