• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Stephen Hawking 50p

h103efa

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Oldun said:

Can we all please remember what this commemorates for one brief moment....

As mercenary as I sound about buying to flip, I will be keeping one of the 4 coins I bought regardless of the flipping potential - The man was a true genius and incredible inspiration in this world and the world is a darker place without him in it. 

Also, in hand I suspect these coins are going to look pretty awesome if this video from RM is anything to go by. Certainly looking like the design has transposed better onto the silver than in the pictures we saw last night. 

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

30 minutes ago, Oldun said:

Can we all please remember what this commemorates for one brief moment....

Perhaps you ought to point this out to the Royal Mint, as the stocks for their "commemoration" seem to have lasted less than an hour!

6 minutes ago, zeusss4 said:

I think the queue system is more of a frequent buyer queue rather than who was in first. 

Or maybe frequent visitor to the site. 

Its definitely not who was first etc. 

What makes you think that?

2 minutes ago, Zhorro said:

Perhaps you ought to point this out to the Royal Mint, as the stocks for their "commemoration" seem to have lasted less than an hour!

No no, I am referring to the man himself and his family !

2 minutes ago, Zhorro said:

Maybe that is because they allocated too many to dealers like the coin connection that sticks it to the late buyers.

3 minutes ago, Zhorro said:

Fingers crossed I have 2 piedfort 

Had 2 of each in basket, went to pay and the silver had disappeared 

Quickly paid for the piedfort instead of trying to go back for the silver 

Went back for silver and sold out 

20 minutes ago, Bullionaire said:

Buggering hell. During the time it took me to drive to work they all got sold out. Stupid time 7am. And such a tiny mintage

Don’t forget they gave quite a few to their dealer nerwork. Coin connection has some but you going to pay a premium over the mints price.

2 minutes ago, zeusss4 said:

Fingers crossed I have 2 piedfort 

Had 2 of each in basket, went to pay and the silver had disappeared 

Quickly paid for the piedfort instead of trying to go back for the silver 

Went back for silver and sold out 

The mint said awhile ago they were sold out. Maybe not so if you got one.

3 minutes ago, Kookaburracollector said:

For those that missed out..coinconnection have The Gold in stock at £900, Piedfort at £120...so not much premium at the moment!

Seems pretty hefty to me. What percentage increase is that for the Piedfort? 25% from the issue price.

12 minutes ago, Sal said:

The mint said awhile ago they were sold out. Maybe not so if you got one.

It was around 7.45am

Luckiky I had just got to nursery and was allowed on the site

The missus took the little one in while I ordered

Archived