• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

How do you enjoy your gold/silver?

Sliopjbsail

4 hours ago, Sliopjbsail said:

It’s nice to have some to pick up and not worry about damaging or toning. The nice stuff stays encapsulated safely away but I think some pocket coins are a nice idea while out and about 

Couldn't agree more...  I love having these within reach when I am working to distract me from that when needed. I couldn't call these pocket coins since they live in my desk. That being said I do carry a 1968 Canada Voyageur dollar in my wallet. It is one of the first ever "silver" coins I bought when I first got in to this back in 2003 or so. I use quotes there because 1967 was the last year the dollar coins had silver content in Canada. That misjudgement in purchasing though has been more than made up for as I probably have more attachment to that coin which has been with me throughout pretty much every moment in my life regardless of location than anything else. These silver ones though I love getting out, handling, admiring...  they are wonderful coins.

photo_2019-02-07_00-22-38.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I Love Coins Me !!!   Love to Video the coins and see the Results in Close Up, as my Eyes got stolen when I turned 40 and swapped with these Crappy eyes. I can look at the Coins on my 50 inch TV and see details that I had not seen before, The Wife says I need to go back to Drinking and Smoking and stop buying all this S-it. Mind you she is learning from Family about the Price of Gold Coins, I am not selling my Coins, Never Ever, Well maybe one day?  Coins are Works of Art in my Dodgy Eyes Coinsters !!!!!!!

I have an amount in alloyed circulated coins, which I call gold to play or silver to play. The silver I am keeping at home, the gold I am circulating from my safety deposit box. So I always have a handful of silver and a handful of gold near me for fingering, jingling, stacking, pushing over the stack, or silent admiration...

I have a couple of poured silver bars that I am taking home then and now for doing the same, feeling the weight, hearing the clunk of stacking a bar ontop a bar ontop a bar - there is nothing like it...

(Mind, my fiancee is on another continent at the momemt...)

My stack basis, which is tubed bullion coins, is checked once, then put away into the vault.

More interesting purchases, I unbox carefully, encapsulate and keep them with me for admiration. They will sit on my coffee table or my nightstand, next to the nightlight, sending their sparkle to me whenever I traverse the room, they will travel to work with me for a couple of days...

Everything but a few will end up in my safety deposit box, which I am visiting regularly to look at the stack, put in new purchases and circulate some items home.

I have an indexing going, tracking weight and value in relation to spot and Euro in categories. I am refreshing that manually with the LBMA fixing and the opening and closing Euro values as part of my daily organizer routine. Doing this over my morning tea helps to center me.

:wub:

I'm not overly sentimental about my stack, but I do sometimes carry a silver coin around in my pocket. It's reassuringly solid and reminds me that it's a real tangible thing..  being elemental it can never be destroyed and will still be here in one form or another a long after I'm gone.

I have my Spanish Escudos collection on my desk which I like to look at,  makes you wonder who and how many people had these coins in there hands since the 1500's

A bit of polar opposite with some state of the art virtual reality gear behind them :)

IMG_20190208_210113_resized_20190208_090512862.jpg

I am not yet as serious a stacker as many of you here, but I try to always buy my silver in tubes (Britannia's mainly) and always buy 1 extra for every tube I buy. These 'spares' then go in my money pouch for fondling/fidgeting with. My gf thinks I'm pretty sad which seems to be a common theme here lol. Although she was asking if I could buy some gold for here to have a look at. I don't think the silver stuff is shiny (or expensive) enough for her lol

I look at it, go "oh thats nice" then close the box/bag and stick it in the safe. Every now and then i get some nice pieces out to look at because its comforting to know that should the worst ever happen i have enough gold/silver to get me out of the bad.

I sleep soundly knowing i have a gold/silver insurance policy.

I like it when I get PM in the mail and I think "That's another $ preserved" and then putting it into a capsule or tube. I also take them out every often and i admire what I'm trying to build and nurture. Also, while most of us stack for insurance or wealth preservation, I'd like to think that most of us have that collection bug that anyone else has, similar to one who collects stamps, cars, or dildos. Last one was a joke (or was it....lol).

Here’s my handling collection! Fondling your assets gives you that gold fix we all need. Not everything has to be locked into plastic. The gold 3.2oz cast bar does it for me, with the ‘buffalo’ in support - with 2 great sides to the coin. Just feel those sharp edges.... Phew!

86DD0CFA-E8B0-4F63-AFC3-2151C2C7BCD1.jpeg

I've never actually handled 22 or 24ct gold. The few bits of gold I own are either in their original sealed certicards or left in their capsules, even though they're only bullion grade. This is because I've left them attached to whatever paperwork they came with. I don't know if it'll help but I thought it might help with their authenticity. I've never sold any gold so don't know how useful it'll be. 

• 4 weeks later...

Having bullion is like always having a winning lottery ticket in your pocket just before you redeem it for your winnings.  It is pure possibility, a spring in your step, and a smile on your face, and the knowledge that you alone possess this small treasure upon which nobody can lay a claim.  It's tangible, and its yours, and for someone to take it from you they would literally have to fight you to take it from your hands.  Women will come and go, the stars will twirl around in their heavens, empires will rise and fall, but that bit of gold and silver will be as wonderful as the day you found it - forever a promise of a warm bowl of soup, or some shoes, or anything else your wistful mind might dream of.

On 07/02/2019 at 00:30, AppleZippoandMetronome said:

Couldn't agree more...  I love having these within reach when I am working to distract me from that when needed. I couldn't call these pocket coins since they live in my desk. That being said I do carry a 1968 Canada Voyageur dollar in my wallet. It is one of the first ever "silver" coins I bought when I first got in to this back in 2003 or so. I use quotes there because 1967 was the last year the dollar coins had silver content in Canada. That misjudgement in purchasing though has been more than made up for as I probably have more attachment to that coin which has been with me throughout pretty much every moment in my life regardless of location than anything else. These silver ones though I love getting out, handling, admiring...  they are wonderful coins.

photo_2019-02-07_00-22-38.jpg

Got this 1943 Jefferson Nickel yesterday just for fun. It was 20p and the bloke serving in the shop really unenthusiastically said “wow 20p I can close early now” lol. I like it and have been cleaning it up with Ketchup. Cellulose thinners did nothing on it but left ketchup on and wiped it off. It now lives in my pocket 😁

BD8E7FA2-6AD8-4212-9303-23D6310FE091.jpeg

B33CDA94-0D3C-401E-AD56-CC2B9F435C67.jpeg

FC0D280D-4223-4254-BF2C-3D530D887603.jpeg

59E9BD3E-D855-497F-8FCA-68313C85566B.jpeg

On 14/03/2019 at 07:30, Sliopjbsail said:

Got this 1943 Jefferson Nickel yesterday just for fun. It was 20p and the bloke serving in the shop really unenthusiastically said “wow 20p I can close early now” lol. I like it and have been cleaning it up with Ketchup. Cellulose thinners did nothing on it but left ketchup on and wiped it off. It now lives in my pocket 😁

Yesterday I was sitting behind two young people and noticed a U.S. quarter (0.19£uk, 0.22€eu) laying on the floor and I asked the nearest of the two "Did you drop a quarter ?", and she responded no, and then just left it there.  I turned to the other and said "You ?" and he said no, and then they both laughed and said that it wasn't even worth picking up.  I said "Well I'm not to proud to pick it up" and picked it up and put it in my pocket lol.  Brats lol.

8 minutes ago, Lowlow said:

Yesterday I was sitting behind two young people and noticed a U.S. quarter (0.19£uk, 0.22€eu) laying on the floor and I asked the nearest of the two "Did you drop a quarter ?", and she responded no, and then just left it there.  I turned to the other and said "You ?" and he said no, and then they both laughed and said that it wasn't even worth picking up.  I said "Well I'm not to proud to pick it up" and picked it up and put it in my pocket lol.  Brats lol.

I’ve would also picked it up, easy money 👍🏻 My girlfriend found this little coin on the street, i think it’s quite remarkable as we live in the Netherlands. 

image.jpg

5 minutes ago, TheBeast said:

I’ve would also picked it up, easy money 👍🏻 My girlfriend found this little coin on the street, i think it’s quite remarkable as we live in the Netherlands. 

image.jpg

It's probably mine. In recent years we've had family breaks in Amsterdam, Den Bosch, Arnhem and Voorburg. I've been looking everywhere for that coin 😁

7 minutes ago, GoodAsGold said:

It's probably mine. In recent years we've had family breaks in Amsterdam, Den Bosch, Arnhem and Voorburg. I've been looking everywhere for that coin 😁

Well i live in one of that cities, she found it in the summer of 2018 👍🏻 So thank you for those 5p 😁😁

35 minutes ago, Lowlow said:

Good for you. They missed out, I’m sure when they are older they may appreciate the value of money and the fact that it doesn’t usually come for free (unless you find it on the floor 😁)

On 15/03/2019 at 19:23, TheBeast said:

image.jpg

For God sake don't slab it!

Archived