• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

closed 1/40th oz Gold proof 2015 britannia coin

NikolaAnne

SWAPPED! 🙂

I hadve one excellent condition  in the limited presentation cardboard packaging 1/40th oz Gold proof 2015 britannia coin. Number 0873/7500
Has been kept in its original RM shipping carton.

Looking for ~£50 (+P&P of your choice) - it doesn't really fit my stacking strategy, now I have one!
(Price reduction based on the sensible conversations below!)

Will very definitely consider Silver (or part purchase/part swap Gold) Bullion coins swapsie 🙂

IMG_20190201_182133.jpg

In the nicest possible way, at a price of £2,600 per oz it is not for me (£65 x 40 = £2,600) Gold £ Spot £1004 / 40 = £25.10 intrinsic gold value of the coin

As previous sales threads go, items priced fairly and offered to people at a price cheaper than bullion dealers & eBay listings, your stuff is in the 'sweet spot' that makes items sell quickly here on the forum 

On 04/02/2019 at 16:56, Paul said:

In the nicest possible way, at a price of £2,600 per oz it is not for me (£65 x 40 = £2,600) Gold £ Spot £1004 / 40 = £25.10 intrinsic gold value of the coin

As previous sales threads go, items priced fairly and offered to people at a price cheaper than bullion dealers & eBay listings, your stuff is in the 'sweet spot' that makes items sell quickly here on the forum 

Thank you for the heads up 🙂 - this is the first time I've sold anything here, so I was a touch "let's try it and see".
I have no clue what a Proof coin is worth over spot usually, so I checked eBay and popped in a price equivalent from there to here.

I've just checked my purchase history of this coin, and I paid £45 for it on 24th Feb 2016 (spot price then was £875.3, so £21.88 intrinsic gold value then) - so, I'm open to a reasonable offer between what I paid and what eBay told me it was now selling for! 🙂 

Logically, using all the numbers as comparison, a proof is generally double the value of intrinsic, yes? So that would mean a reasonable price would be around £50? Or is that then a little too cheap, as coins can go up as they age as well? So is £55 a closer mark?

Yours with a smile and knowing that the people here won't take advantage of naivety (too much)
Coin selling n00b 🙂

17 minutes ago, NikolaAnne said:

Thank you for the heads up 🙂 - this is the first time I've sold anything here, so I was a touch "let's try it and see".
I have no clue what a Proof coin is worth over spot usually, so I checked eBay and popped in a price equivalent from there to here.

I've just checked my purchase history of this coin, and I paid £45 for it on 24th Feb 2016 (spot price then was £875.3, so £21.88 intrinsic gold value then) - so, I'm open to a reasonable offer between what I paid and what eBay told me it was now selling for! 🙂 

Logically, using all the numbers as comparison, a proof is generally double the value of intrinsic, yes? So that would mean a reasonable price would be around £50? Or is that then a little too cheap, as coins can go up as they age as well? So is £55 a closer mark?

Yours with a smile and knowing that the people here won't take advantage of naivety (too much)
Coin selling n00b 🙂

Well I sell these when I get them around the £37-45 range. @Marc who buys a lot of these knows the best market price for them. I would hazard to say he’s pretty much bought most that have been on offer in the forum

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

Just now, Robjw said:

Would you be interested in a swap for 2oz of silver in the form of these bars linked below, both paying our own signed for royal mail?

1oz Perth Mint Dragon Bars - Bullionbypost.co.uk

oo, I might well be. Out of interest, are they already in capsules? take this to PM? 🙂

Archived