• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2019 Gold Bullion Cheap

CoinBuyer1975

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 22/02/2019 at 09:32, Downs523 said:

Hi guys... to those who have bought these £229 sovereigns would you recommend these over buying say a used 1oz gold coin? I'm looking to make my 1st gold purchase and unsure what route to take.

Personally when starting stacking PMs six months ago I had opportunity to view @Gordon proof Sovereign collection (the collection goes back 1960's) and I must admit I did not like Sovereigns and wanted only to buy 1 oz Gold coins. Even before the Harrington and Byrne offer I was thinking at some point in the future I would like to stack 10 or a tube of Sovereign (just bullion not proof or numismatic) because one of the most liquid forms of gold looking to sell in the future.

Lets work out exactly how good offer £229 sovereigns is

Gold Spot pounds (right now) £1015.80

Gold Price per Gram (right now) £32 .66

1 oz Gold Britannia 2019 = £1044.60 = 2.84 % (Baird & Co prices buy 150 of them :()

1 Troy oz = 31.1035 Grams

Sovereign pure gold content of 7.32240 g x £32.66 = £239.15 below price of spot right now.

£239.15 - £229 = £10.15 below spot value per Sovereign

Gold move $50 lower £38 = Gold Spot pounds £977 1 Troy oz or (£31.41 per Gram x 7.32240 g = £229.00)

In conclusion bought the Sovereign offer £229 today and spot price of gold go down by $50 dollars you would still break even just based on gold content alone. Anyone wants to double check the maths please feel free as I have not brought any Sovereigns until this offer came about.

Just want to buy gold I would buy Harrington and Byrne offer £229 Sovereign also gives you some protection against adverse move in spot gold price. If you bought 1 Troy oz Gold need spot price move 2.84% higher just to break even (plus cost postage for buying and selling). All the above calculation assume GBP/USD Dollar exchange rate fixed at the current rate and future currency moves could either have positive or negative impact.

11 minutes ago, Blockhead said:

The H and B offer looks like a very good one and if I had my annual bonus I'd already have stocked up. 

Great deal @Blockhead bought nine of them delivered same address / account created on Harrington and Byrne. If gold broken $1360 moving towards $1400 level then I would be buying a lot more.

IMG_1733.JPG.f491073739aee243be2ff8f500d

IMG_1735.JPG.07388a69b9e0a72ca3c0929e900

1 minute ago, kimchi said:

Why wouldn't you?!! :D

Well I would, but I've spent rather a lot on PM already this month - and the family are moaning that they want to eat sometime before 1st March ;)

2 minutes ago, lubi29 said:

Hope they will offer Yale of Beaufort for that price.

I wouldn't bank on it - I'm not sure, but for what it's worth I think H&B might just have managed to get a very good one-off deal on a lorry load of 2019 Sovereigns and Falcons in the latter part of last year......

1 hour ago, Fastnick said:

Well I would, but I've spent rather a lot on PM already this month - and the family are moaning that they want to eat sometime before 1st March ;)

Beans and toast is pretty cheap. So keep stacking my friend 🤣

On 25/02/2019 at 16:53, Abyss said:

Great deal @Blockhead bought nine of them delivered same address / account created on Harrington and Byrne. If gold broken $1360 moving towards $1400 level then I would be buying a lot more.

IMG_1733.JPG.f491073739aee243be2ff8f500d

IMG_1735.JPG.07388a69b9e0a72ca3c0929e900

Did you order them all at once? I noticed on the website it says max 3 per customer so that all I ordered, but would like a few more if they don't care.

I ordered three Sov's from H&B last week and then went back and ordered another 3 and a 1/4oz Falcon that arrived yesterday. Holding out hope that they get the Yale in at that price as well - just need to source a Bull somewhere and I'll have the complete set to date.

38 minutes ago, blackfeather said:

Did you order them all at once? I noticed on the website it says max 3 per customer so that all I ordered, but would like a few more if they don't care.

No I placed a single order waited for the coins delivered about 2 days then placed another order waited for delivery and then the 3rd and final order. All to the same address and email address registered with the first order had no issues.

17 hours ago, Abyss said:

No I placed a single order waited for the coins delivered about 2 days then placed another order waited for delivery and then the 3rd and final order. All to the same address and email address registered with the first order had no issues.

Tried the same trick with h&b my payment was bounced.  Perhaps it was because I used a different email.

😎

25 minutes ago, Goldhooked said:

Some people questioned how H&B make any money with offers like this.  Well I received the latest mailing from them today offering the Silver Proof Gruffalo 50p for the bargain price of £149 :D 

Even better, as they are proofs there is no 3 per household limit :)

Archived