• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

1 oz gold Libertad

Nick1368

Hello everyone

I wanted to know your opinion on 1 oz Libertad gold coins, would you buy them? if yes where would you buy them from ?

I've been thinking of buying a 1oz one but noticed not many Uk based dealers have them in stock.

I have found some American websites  like Apmex, JMbullion and Suissegold that sell them, are these websites reliable ? and what would be a reasonable price roughly ? oh and if bought from an American website would I have to pay import duty when it arrives to the UK ? if yes how much would that be ?

what I do know about these coins is that the Mintage is incredibly low and the mint that produces them is the oldest in the world and the design is beautiful.

Thanks in advance for your advice

Nick

Edited by Nick1368

Hi Nick,  have you decided on Proof or Bullion? And which year date are you wishing to buy?   Answering these questions will determine and might well narrow down your choices of where to buy  from. Like you say, overall mintages are extremely low however, some years are significantly less than others. 

@HelpingHands has pointed you to an easy to source both Bullion and Proof 2018 1 Onza’s already.  

Apmex has plenty of choice but I notice that shipping is expensive. There are European dealers that stock them too: 

https://www.emk.com/de-de/imex218025?returnurl=%2fde-de%2fsearch%3fq%3dlibertad%2b%23imex218025

https://www.silbertresor.de/product_info.php?info=p6399_Mexiko---Libertad-Siegesgoettin-2018---1-Oz-Gold-PP.html

Why not start your search here on the Forum? And put up a ‘wanted’ post here and in the USA & Canada For Sale sections. 

I managed to cobble together all 5 of the 2017 Gold Proof Libertad weights from 4 different Forum members- 3 members here in the UK  and sourced a Graded 1/20 and Raw- 1/10, 1/4 & 1 Onza.  The 1/2 Onza I bought graded from a USA based forum member- you might well be lucky too! 

Your bound to have the mintage list but others might not courtesy of the Don Bailey website: 

http://donbailey-mexico.com/libertad_mintages.shtml

Also, check out @Numistacker’s video of the Gold Libertad: 

Edited by richatthecroft

• 2 years later...

Hi All,

Reviving this thread because I have a question around value if anyone could help?

Would anyone be able to give me an idea of price for 2018 Bullion Gold Libertads today - I have looked around but cannot find any that are for sale, so am finding it hard to judge what they would sell for.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best

Dicker

Not my circus, not my monkeys