• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

The Better Seller - 24ct or 22ct British

Pritchard

Hi,

having had some problems with stale stock, i have a question:

Sovereigns seem very popular on the secondary market. But, as a smaller fraction, what would be the better seller? (Bullion only - nothing proof or numis).
The 1/10 Brit, 24ct.
The Half Sov, 22ct

I am going to rebuild a stack as i was quite happy with the process and fun buying and selling one ive just 'finished' (sold). but next time, i want to avoid any slower sales if i can. Lesson learnt i guess. I amagine alot of you may never sell anything, and simply buy  only.

so, if there was a for sale thread, which do you think would sell first of these two? or, which would you buy out of these two? OR, have i missed anything else smaller than a full sov that is also quite liquid?

thanks

Heya,

I still think the Austrian Ducat is a very pretty gold coin that is nearly 24 karat, but was a little trickier to shift than half sovereigns. Likewise 1/10 brits I'e had the response is usually a little sluggish. Basically half sovs go very quickly, generally quicker than 1/10th brits in my experience.

I get the impression anything smaller than that gets relatively little attention as bullion because the marginal costs (postage etc) really start adding up when you're dealing with 1/20 and 1/40 ounce type coins.

Thanks.
i will 'stock up' on those then for the next stack.

good point on the 'mini' coins of fractional values.

I cant understand why the Brits dont seem to be that liquid, having had several size variations in my hands comparing Sovs and Brits side by side, the Brits are so much more pretty. They really make the Sovs look like a copper coin.
but hey. :) 

If you are just looking at bullion gold and you are in the UK i would concentrate on sovereign and half sovereigns. There are always willing buyers here for bullion sovereigns and half sovereigns selling at a decent price. If you want to get something a bit numi then there is plenty of scope in sovereigns.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

Archived