• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

InvestorCrate Opinions

BeefBus454

Anyone hear of InvestorCrate? Its a monthly box subscription that sends basically a care package of silver, gold, platinum or various ratios of the three. I got their starter pack just out of curiosity. Basically I am going to see what they ship for $100 and calculate the premiums and what not...to see if it is worth it. I was just curious if anyone else has tested them out and what you thought.

I think the concept is a FANTASTIC idea for getting new people into the precious metals community, but I am very doubtful they are going to provide a competitive price. The pictures they provide are highly skeptical as well...$100 bucks should not buy what they are depicting here.

image.png.8ca7b057b84b276b002b87c4251ea4e4.png

They will be most likely be moving the product that did not turn around quick enough, or just what they have. Generates turnover for them, and if the price is right and you are stacking for weight, that could be interesting.

And if it's a subscription, they gain a short term calculable sum and the ability to dump whatever they have (again, does not have to be a bad thing).

Like the idea, get a random selection, some offbeat coins, items you might not buy otherwise.  The concern would be from that picture, cant deliver that much for $100 so big red flag.  On their site i see there are different tiers, but no detail of what you get.  I'd want to know that i'd get (x)Oz every (n)months minimum, to judge the value. 

@Martlet I agree, stay tuned. Once I get the 100 dollar starter kit I will go through and get the amounts, premiums and what not for everyone to compare. I wrote them a very long email with about a dozen questions. They couldn't or wouldn't directly answer many of them, but they tried their best and didn't send some generic response you'd get from other companies. They made it very clear that their premiums may not always appeal to hard core stackers but they try their best. 

I should have asked about shipping over seas, I think this may be a way for folks in UK to reduce their costs what with VAT taxes. Not sure how all that works though to be honest...

What I take from their website:

They are trying to sell a down to earth image, being there for the little man...

What they offer is the service of not having to research or become an expert. This caters to those who may have heard of precious metals, but may not be inclined to invest time. Something of a care free package...

The business idea could be to procure everything you can get your hands on, at the cheapest possible prices, without having to waste thoughts about how to move the specific items, because you yourself decide what your customer gets...

Coupled with subscription, which is very powerful, as when the subsciption fee is moderate, most people will rather let it run than cancel it...

Maybe this translates to well priced precious metals, I will be watching this spot.

• 5 weeks later...

Update!!!

Im not terribly disappointed. Below is my list of pros and cons

Pros:

Convienient; no searching for deals or any effort on your part really.

Lottery; they enter you in to win a kilo of silver every holiday and a kilo of gold once they hit 3000 subscribers

Variety; its kind of cool getting something I wouldnt ordinarily find or buy yourself. Its like a gift, but for your self.

Cons:

Premuim; if you are a stacker for prepping or retirement this is probably not for you unless the above out weighs the heavy premuim. 100 dollar box got me 86 dollars worth of poured silver or 79 dollars at spot. Still...21% isnt super disgusting right??? ASE's...

Timed Purchasing; if you enjoy waiting until PM's are at seasonal lows or whatever to really get a bargain. Thats not happening.

20/80 Gold silver combo; you really have to buy minimum of $250 box to get any gold, and then its only going to be a gram or two.20190211_184202.thumb.jpg.84e81b75ee9aafe2b5df56272c2fc9b2.jpg

I really cant think of any other negatives at the moment. Let me know what you guys think! I might do it for a few months just to mentally take a break from shopping around for prices and maybe win a free kilo.

20190211_184115.thumb.jpg.6823636812783a42e023bbf319e0d95c.jpg

11 hours ago, BeefBus454 said:

Okay, maybe it only worked because i got the starter and they treat those better to get new subs. My buddy tried out the $100 silver gold combo...he only got the below.31957.thumb.jpeg.56df3883ce4e8338dd505d1c85f801f7.jpeg

What are the two small bars?

Instagram: gildeon_67

• 1 month later...

Update to my buddies crate, they were supposed to include a gram of gold also, but if never made it into the box and they wont refund him any money.

I hung in there for one more month and got the $250 box, premium got significantly worse. Just stay away from these guys...at least until they  can reduce their premium.

Archived