• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

**JANUARY 2019** Group Order from The European Mint

BackyardBullion

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RIGHT! - - Dear Admin feel free to SLAP me or edit this RANT - this is "ENTIRELY" my own opinion !

referring to the posts preceding  

These "CHILDREN" ( READ -also as "millennial Juveniles" ) should be taken behind the BIKE SHEDS and given

a) an intensive mathematics lesson

and

b) a good F£$%ING!

I personally will DEFEND to the death the INTEGRITY of BYB - from my own exchanges and transactions through the "Group order" and an array of other personal transactions with BYB.

I know NOT one iota of this individual (BYB)  other than textual conversations - HOWEVER  - NEITHER DO THESE SLANDEROUS IDIOTS !

1) I can vouch massively for his integrity! 

2) So what if he and wife make a few "bob" along the way - - (for the millenials previously referred to, this currency before your time! ) for a MONSTROUS amount of effort - -

GREAT "I say"

3) Having placed personal orders (with EUMint ) of > 2K (£2000 pounds for the kids) and large orders with the group order - I KNOW THE MATHEMATICS

and they are unequivocally in  FAVOUR of the group order!

and THUS BYB and spouse (spouse = wife  - - for the kids again)

I DETEST  - idiots that set out clearly to denigrate  someone and endeavour to destroy someones character openly in public  - without a shred of substantiated evidence!

(detest = Totally dislike - again for edification of kids)  suggestion kids look up "EDIFICATION" and get a GRIP!

I hope you  KIDS realise that you are bordering on the realms of being accused of "SLANDER"  - - >>

FYI (SLANDER = the action or crime of making a false spoken statement damaging to a person's reputation.)

according to LAW! if stated in PUBLIC

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!

ALL IMO OPINION ! 5huggy

10 hours ago, 5huggy said:

These "CHILDREN" ( READ -also as "millennial Juveniles" ) should be taken behind the BIKE SHEDS and given

I agree with pretty much all of your points but feel like adding the hashtag #NotAllMillenials a lot of us have better things to do with our time than try to smear people who are just trying to add something to a community 👼

1 minute ago, PansPurse said:

These "CHILDREN" ( READ -also as "millennial Juveniles" )

Sorry @PansPurse if it felt like I was referring to ALL (That was NOT my intention)  - that is why I did specifically specify "THESE"  for that very reason.

I know there are an awful lot of good people out there - and just a "FEW" of this type of !?  

but my intention was primarily to defend a person known to me of EXTREMELY high level of integrity.

I stand by the thinking behind the famous quote - - "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

So again Sorry - but I tried to aim my comments at a specific "TARGET"

19 minutes ago, 5huggy said:

Sorry @PansPurse if it felt like I was referring to ALL (That was NOT my intention)  - that is why I did specifically specify "THESE"  for that very reason.

I know there are an awful lot of good people out there - and just a "FEW" of this type of !?  

but my intention was primarily to defend a person known to me of EXTREMELY high level of integrity.

I stand by the thinking behind the famous quote - - "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

So again Sorry - but I tried to aim my comments at a specific "TARGET"

No worries :)

BYB I understand you stand behind what you're doing and the community does too but I am free to share my opinion. If you can't handle that it's down to you.

Which points did I raise that were not accurate? None

- people send him money for silver plus shipping so he can order on their behalf to his house. Take videos of the silver then he will charge them again for shipping to send it to their house - Check

- He claims this is a great service as it's cheaper (yet there is no bulk discount from European Mint), he also makes it out to be easier as you don't have to deal with the "hard" process of ordering from Europe. - Check

- I did the maths on the group order and it ends up being slightly cheaper doing the group order than ordering directly but with many negatives that come with it. He has a "deal" with the European Mint yet they refuse to offer bulk discounts for the order as a whole and treat everyone's order as separate. If everyone on the order benefited from a bulk discount on the total order I would give it more credit as then there would actually be a reason for ordering that way. - Check

- His group ordering is a disaster waiting to happen and if you raise any negative points about it on the forum like I did you will get swarmed on by his drone members. - Double Check ^

@cravethatcoin any particular reason you are badmouthing me again after we had this same discussion on the silver forum and came to an agreeable outcome whereby you actually admitted you underestimated the situation? Seems a little hypocritical to me, but apparently I have an authority complex so what do I know.....

I admitted that I was wrong on about 3-4 points I raised about your service (believing you used email to communicate for example) from a list but as I mentioned at the time the only benefit of your service is slightly cheaper pricing per order (a few £). You say here that I admitted I underestimated the situation. No I admitted that I was wrong on "some" concerns I had with your group order. I pulled out of the back and forth because it was a waist of my time and your time. I said I was wrong on your agent situation which I was.

I stand by my belief that your group order service is putting everyone at risk for the sake of 1 benefit. Which is saving each customer a few £. It is my view that the trade off of saving a few £ compared to the negatives is a poor deal. Clearly no one else agrees as your service is popular. I don't care if people use it or not but I was not going to look at something I have concerns with and not raise them. You obviously believe that there is no negatives to the service you're providing which is fine but i don't agree and will share my opinion as this is a public forum.

-------------

Once again the drones are in full force. I find it funny how many assumptions people are making about me. The facts are that i have been involved with stacking for longer than most of the people who are commenting and calling me a "child". But quite frankly it doesn't matter. I have raised my concerns and I am free to do so. I don't care what anyone thinks of me or if you disagree with my points.

9 minutes ago, cravethatcoin said:

It's the tone and the hypocritical nature of your comments.....

Considering you said this earlier in the tread

Good luck to all of you I have nothing else to add and no time to commit to this.

BYB I underestimated and was wrong on your agent situation. That makes complete sense so I will hold my hand up there.

So for you to still bring it up on a public comment section after the fact is completely hypocritical!

The group orders have nothing to do with you as you have not joined them....so your knowledge is based completely on conjecture and your warped view of how things work. 

Over 10,000 oz of silver delivered in the last 18 months....not a single person out of pocket......

Yet you feel the need to comment and criticise with NO knowledge. 

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

46 minutes ago, cravethatcoin said:

BYB I understand you stand behind what you're doing and the community does too but I am free to share my opinion. If you can't handle that it's down to you.

blablablabla

J esus C hrist, you again? I didn't even join the order and find this annoying....

27 minutes ago, cravethatcoin said:

I stand by my belief that your group order service is putting everyone at risk for the sake of 1 benefit. Which is saving each customer a few £

@cravethatcoin I am part of the group order for February and I have a separate order with Goldsilver.be as well. I could have just placed single order with GS.be to save myself a few £. This might be the last group order depending on Brexit and because in part of this uncertainty the largest group order to date. I don't think anyone on YouTube has unboxed 3,000 oz silver and I know when the European Mint deliveries to the BYB household they will be working all day / night to have everything ready to post to everyone that has taken part in the group order. Don't you think that some people might have wanted to join in something special? Life is full of risks and if never willing to risk anything you will never have or belong to anything special in your life.

I don't understand any criticism? Group buys happen across quite a few forums.

I ask for a price, BYB informs me, i pay him, he pays them , they ship, BYB unpacks, BYB ships, I save a bit of money.

The shipping is insured, I've got an invoice, BYB gets some views and increases his reputation, I save some money on shipping.

I hope that the increased views / reputation / satisfaction goes someway in compensating BYB; I can only imagine the inconvenience (hell) that arranging the orders of 120 individuals can create.

BYB, if you manage to earn a bit of money by saving me money, then you deserve it. (Whether directly or indirectly) Admittedly, I'm inclined to believe you quite like the experience :)

10 minutes ago, 5huggy said:

seconded!

11 minutes ago, Sal said:

Ban this guy 

Guys, as much as I would love to see a mob with pitchforks and fire get going....that is not what I (or all my supposed drones) want or encourage. 

Banning is not right in this situation....

He has not done anything to breach forum conduct rules. He has expressed his opinion (many times). Freedom of speech is really important, but I think as with the sales section - if you are not actively contributing to the conversation and you have an issue, it is best kept to yourself. 

If he had joined the order and had genuine issues to resolve then great, we would talk it through. 

I (and many others) just get fed up to the teeth when we get chastised for no reason and for no betterment of the forum. 

So, banning is certainly not the right course of action - a good hard look in the human morality mirror is in my opinion the objective of highlighting this issue. 

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

12 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

Guys, as much as I would love to see a mob with pitchforks and fire get going....that is not what I (or all my supposed drones) want or encourage. 

Banning is not right in this situation....

He has not done anything to breach forum conduct rules. He has expressed his opinion (many times). Freedom of speech is really important, but I think as with the sales section - if you are not actively contributing to the conversation and you have an issue, it is best kept to yourself. 

If he had joined the order and had genuine issues to resolve then great, we would talk it through. 

I (and many others) just get fed up to the teeth when we get chastised for no reason and for no betterment of the forum. 

So, banning is certainly not the right course of action - a good hard look in the human morality mirror is in my opinion the objective of highlighting this issue. 

In the states you would be a Republican for sure. Remember though, democrats at this point in time are out of control in the states.

In the past two months I've trusted @BackyardBullion with over five grand. I do not know him but I'd seen his YouTube clips. I joined Silver Forum only about a month ago and BYB went out of his way to include me in the January order despite being past the cut off. The order arrived in due course with no problems.

I have joined the final group order but had considered placing my order (£2600) direct with European mint but I was a bit wary of dealing with it myself. So yes...I probably could have saved myself a few quid but I'd rather have the peace of mind of knowing that BYB was on the case.

It's the tone and the hypocritical nature of your comments.....

Considering you said this earlier in the tread

So for you to still bring it up on a public comment section after the fact is completely hypocritical!

The group orders have nothing to do with you as you have not joined them....so your knowledge is based completely on conjecture and your warped view of how things work.

Over 10,000 oz of silver delivered in the last 18 months....not a single person out of pocket......

Yet you feel the need to comment and criticise with NO knowledge.

BRB you are a sensitive soul aren't you? So you didn't like my tone but you agree that my points were accurate in the comment I made on the youtube comment.

I didn't plan on commenting on this again. But I saw a video related this forum so i chimed in with my experiences which was dealing with you on this very thread. Am I not free to comment on a video?

I do not have to use your service to have an opinion on it. I have not said your actual operation is bad, what I have said is that what you're doing is very risky to those who order and you especially. At some point it's going to go horribly wrong, that is my opinion.

J esus C hrist, you again? I didn't even join the order and find this annoying....

You have fun with that.

I am part of the group order for February and I have a separate order with Goldsilver.be as well. I could have just placed single order with GS.be to save myself a few £. This might be the last group order depending on Brexit and because in part of this uncertainty the largest group order to date. I don't think anyone on YouTube has unboxed 3,000 oz silver and I know when the European Mint deliveries to the BYB household they will be working all day / night to have everything ready to post to everyone that has taken part in the group order. Don't you think that some people might have wanted to join in something special? Life is full of risks and if never willing to risk anything you will never have or belong to anything special in your life.

So many people have replied to me about this as "life is full of risks, everyone knows the risks they are taking". My point is why bother risking when you can simply order directly, pay a few more £ and have NO risk? This group order service is full of logistical risks and at some point it will backfire.

Plus we all like watching the unboxing videos and @BackyardBullion videos in general. He's been helpful in promoting precious metal collecting/stacking giving tips and advice to the uninitiated.

I agree

I don't understand any criticism? Group buys happen across quite a few forums.

I ask for a price, BYB informs me, i pay him, he pays them , they ship, BYB unpacks, BYB ships, I save a bit of money.

The shipping is insured, I've got an invoice, BYB gets some views and increases his reputation, I save some money on shipping.

I hope that the increased views / reputation / satisfaction goes someway in compensating BYB; I can only imagine the inconvenience (hell) that arranging the orders of 120 individuals can create.

BYB, if you manage to earn a bit of money by saving me money, then you deserve it. (Whether directly or indirectly) Admittedly, I'm inclined to believe you quite like the experience :)

When it works well everyone is happy but it is my opinion that this is likely to go horribly wrong at some point. Hence why I raised my personal concerns. 3 or 4 points I raised were wrong and corrected by BYB (such as my concern for address details being sent over insecure email) and I stand corrected on that. But others were valid concerns which people can do as they like with. Heck I don't even care if you ignored my post. I simple saw something I had personal concerns with and raised them.

@cravethatcoin I agree, something could go wrong, nothing is 100% risk free.

I won't delve into the details of what I believe could go wrong, but I also don't see how the risk is significantly higher than everyone placing their orders individually either.

A month ago, we ordered some coloring pencils from Amazon for my daughter; they delivered a rolling Stones album! What matters is how problems are resolved in the absence of being able to eliminate them.

I did read the post 😀, the difficulty about this discussion is that it targets BYB (from memory), but there are loads of people selling in the trading section who lack any sort of business credentials or reputation that is fundamental to there business; perhaps that should of been the focus.

All I was offering was my view on BYBs service, and I'm counting on his reputation. BYB, please don't move to the Bahamas! 😆. I couldn't stand the whole 'I told you so!' threads.

Now let's stop bashing, I'm busy considering the 100g valcambi bars.

Archived