• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

From UK, Best place to buy physical Gold/Silver investment bullon?

very452001

On 12/01/2019 at 00:06, very452001 said:

Hi another question where do these gold & silver dealers buy their wholesale orders from? Do UK dealers pay VAT on silver for their silver wholesale orders and shall I assume wholesale prices are current market/spot prices? 

As a private individual can I buy from wholesale to avoid paying retail and instead pay the market/spot price?

You are unlikely to ever get spot price apart from private sales via forum, friend, Ebay etc. Silver needs to be refined, shaped, marketed, transported. All of which add costs on. Your best bet for silver is to join bybs group order or order yourself from somewhere like European mint or silver to go.

On 28/12/2018 at 00:05, very452001 said:

Ok from my understanding the non standard coins nowadays are called proof coins and shall I assume the non standard coins released in the past are available to buy but at a much higher premium from the current market price?

Any possible chance to obtain previously released non standard coins for cheap or current proof coins for cheap nowadays?

Is it possible to buy newly released or future releases of proof coins or is it strictly typically 1 order per household only? Where can I see a list or release dates for upcoming proof coins?

What kind of deals do the mentioned websites typically run and usually when?

I think you need to do more research before buying, you have a multitude of questions yet you really should understand the basics before buying. Also, if you are buying in Europe,  Europe don’t use £s, they use Euros, same as if you’d buy in America or China, they use their own currency.

On 03/02/2019 at 14:09, lightjaw said:

You are unlikely to ever get spot price apart from private sales via forum, friend, Ebay etc. Silver needs to be refined, shaped, marketed, transported. All of which add costs on. Your best bet for silver is to join bybs group order or order yourself from somewhere like European mint or silver to go.

Yes ok what are bybs group and which groups you recommend?

14 minutes ago, very452001 said:

Yes ok what are bybs group and which groups you recommend?

@very452001 This forum is a great place to ask questions, pick up tips, learn and get great deals that can kickstart your stacking 'career'. I hate to sound negative, but despite the best efforts from members so far, you still seem quite naive with regards to the world of precious metals. 

PM's are a very high risk investment and you've done the right thing by coming on here to gain knowledge in the field before getting involved in the actual purchasing part. However, you could get answers much quicker by spending a bit of time going through the many threads already on the forum and the countless YouTube vids around this subject. 

This is a great hobby/investment, but it has risks and I feel you would really benefit from putting a bit more time reading into it before you make any big purchases - particularly since you seem more keen on the investment side of things. 

I'm very new too, so feel a bit of a fraud writing this, however I think it's worth saying. Hopefully you see it as constructive rather than negative. 

Genuinely though, enjoy the world of stacking 👍👌

24 minutes ago, lightjaw said:

Back yard bullion. Search the threads on here. He has a YouTube channel. I shall summon him! @BackyardBullion

You rang me lord?

Group order is open until next weekend

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

• 1 year later...

Hi all,

Coming back to this thread in current difficult times to refresh and summarise this thread so hopefully it will help the readers.

Which UK ETF exchange sites are the best that has actual precious metal vaults in UK that customers can verify and also have a head office in UK? ETF's are for customers that like to buy Gold/Silver easily than risking holding the real thing and storing it underneath the bed living in high crime areas. ETF's are risky too because the company might go out of business or they might lie of owning vaults where customers had never seen. Also a local Head Office in the same country is required just in case customers like to bring legal cases against the company that has strangely vanished. Although this is very unlikely in current market conditions where Gold/Silver is thriving. So the question is which ETF sites are the most established and trustworthy for UK Gold/Silver buyers?

- Is purchasing Silver ETF's on UK sites subject to VAT?

Archived