• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

full sov weight ?

darrol

It is on the low side by about 4% to a typical bullion coin of its age suggesting more than normal wear.
Personally I wouldn't be happy receiving a sovereign of this weight but I guess HGM and others might be prepared to pay the normal sovereign price - not sure though.
Other forum members might be prepared to buy at a slightly higher price than offered by the main dealers and in terms of gold still be getting a good deal.
Good practice to make prospective SF buyers aware of the exact weight and post pictures if considering listing on this site.

If you think it is a fake put photos up so we are take a look.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

I got this from a reputable dealer over a year ago and at the time I didn't have a  set of scales so it went undetected , I have  scales now  and weight tested all my sovereigns yesterday , I have another one from the same dealer that was 7.945 just over  the limit ,   I guess its my fault at the time I didn't have scales or I would have sent it back just in case it was under .    I don't know how good my scales are they cost me £30 ,   the  weight of this  sovereign  could  be a little more or less  in weight .

52 minutes ago, Goldhooked said:

Unless you can calibrate your scales with a known weight, they could be out slightly.  The digi scales I bought came with a 100g calibration weight and I always set them with that before using them.

I did a calibration and after I tested my 20g weight it came up as 19.991g,     the weight of the sovereign came up as 7.927g    and with trying again little difference 7.928 g  to 7.926g

Cz38QQC.jpg

vIzYBQ9.jpg?1

Archived