• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Snowman 50p Proof 2018

danmc82

Just now, kimchi said:

Got through earlier to the same miserable woman as the other day...she said I'd already had three so I can't get any more.

Same coin, different box? Another piss-take from the Royal Mint imvho, they can't get much right really can they? 🤣

Sounds like the same miserable      I got through to yesterday!

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Madstacks said:

If you get through is payment by credit card over the phone?

Not sure, I never got one, even though I phoned at 10 am and they were still selling them at 10:30 am - she told me they were all sold out!

They said black box version is John Lewis version which is 100 pound 

white box version 75 without coa is different 

then I said go ahead anyway 

then he says sorry I can’t get you anymore bevayse you have bought way too many 

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

Just now, fehk2001 said:

They said black box version is John Lewis version which is 100 pound 

white box version 75 without coa is different 

then I said go ahead anyway 

then he says sorry I can’t get you anymore bevayse you have bought way too many 

Yeh same said to us. Waste of time.

3 minutes ago, danmc82 said:

Only 3 per household so wouldnt let us order

I managed 15 😂 so no more 

Added 0 minutes later...
Just now, danmc82 said:

Yeh same said to us. Waste of time.

Not worth it if that’s down grade version 

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

9 minutes ago, kimchi said:

Got through earlier to the same miserable woman as the other day...she said I'd already had three so I can't get any more.

Same coin, different box? Another piss-take from the Royal Mint imvho, they can't get much right really can they? 🤣

I would try again, maybe you’ll get another call handler?

I just got through after 20 mins wait.  

I bought x2 75 each plus a fiver postage. 

The call handler made me aware that this £75 Edition is stock recalled from dealers as there is so much demand.  They come with a black surround, but don’t come with a COA. 

The call handler told me the reason I could only have 2 is because she could only match the order I had already placed for the white limited 15000 edition with COA. 

Funny, because I bought one online on Monday morning and a further 2 on the phone yesterday.  

The online order came yesterday, and I flipped it on eBay straight away.  I haven’t decided what to do with the other two but I’ve just received an email to say the other two are Despatched.

I’m pleased I managed to get these other two, but it does appear that there isn’t much consistency in the selling of them.  

Bought 3, apparently white outer box with RM crest stamped, black interior, COA is supplied but not individually numbered - lady said until recently they had been told no COA but now told there is one but not numbered - 10 - 14 day wait for delivery.

Got through on the 0345 number - didnt cut out. 

Just now, Harry said:

The black box version does NOT exist. The RM have bought back an allocation of 2K from a dealer which is the same coin but with no COA! 

They do at John Lewis but they are personalized boxes so thats why theyre £100.

1 minute ago, danmc82 said:

They do at John Lewis but they are personalized boxes so thats why theyre £100.

Well I will be dipped in terrible! On JL website? I've just ordered another with no COA. Why not?

1 minute ago, Harry said:

Well I will be dipped in terrible! On JL website? I've just ordered another with no COA. Why not?

Not sure if on website but I had two RM colleagues tell me everyone keeps ringing up for the black boxes but they only do white and that JL are doing the black versions.

I think theyre getting annoyed by the amount of people asking 🤣

Just now, danmc82 said:

Not sure if on website but I had two RM colleagues tell me everyone keeps ringing up for the black boxes but they only do white and that JL are doing the black versions.

I think theyre getting annoyed by the amount of people asking 🤣

It's their job! 

Archived