• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Brexit 50p Coin

terakris

I've been told that the design will be the white cliffs of dover with a bunch of drunk people pulling moonies standing on the edge with the rest of Britain up in flames in the background... think that will really work well on a coin.

My only thought so far is based off of the Sky article which you can read here:

https://news.sky.com/story/hammond-to-launch-50p-brexit-coin-in-budget-11538971

A quote from that article...

"Treasury sources told the newspaper that the department has been working on plans for the coin in secret for months." - months of work and they have no design just the words "Friendship with all nations". The Treasury seems to be putting the same effort in here as the government is in trying to sort out a deal! 😂

13 minutes ago, AppleZippoandMetronome said:

My only thought so far is based off of the Sky article which you can read here:

https://news.sky.com/story/hammond-to-launch-50p-brexit-coin-in-budget-11538971

A quote from that article...

"Treasury sources told the newspaper that the department has been working on plans for the coin in secret for months." - months of work and they have no design just the words "Friendship with all nations". The Treasury seems to be putting the same effort in here as the government is in trying to sort out a deal! 😂

You'd think they have more important things to work on than a commemorative coin 🤨

While the design isnt stunning, i have a sneaky feeling this might be a winner depending on mintage of course. Whilst i am on the fence on the brexit thing (voted to remain but it was 50/50 and can appreciate both sides) i think this coin would do well. I think a silver proof version could go for quite a bit in the future.

7 hours ago, matrawr said:

You'd think they have more important things to work on than a commemorative coin 🤨

Do you know how many public “servants” there are.....

Not my circus, not my monkeys

7 hours ago, terakris said:

I've been told that the design will be the white cliffs of dover with a bunch of drunk people pulling moonies standing on the edge with the rest of Britain up in flames in the background... think that will really work well on a coin.

That's just a normal Saturday night for us folk that live down this neck of the woods 🤣

Archived