• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2015 Pandas

Cointreau

Maybe I should HAVE posted this in the conspiracy thread.

The new pandas to be denoted in grams and not in ounces.

That's different!

It will please Fluttershy who works in metric rather than imperial.

Myself,I don't care for it. But I will go with it anyhow.

'Wonder how they will sell?'

I think you know the answer to that already. Extremely well.

I will be looking to buy the 25 gram gold panda.

Well you see it could go the other way. Coins that do not have their weight stamped on them could scare people off. Not the hard core collector, who know what is what and has a reputable source I doubt. But many buyers might just be concerned about buying them with no weight on.

They have not announced of the will be making the coins in metric grams (25, 50 etc) or if they will continue with the 31.1 grams and up. I guess you are betting on the former? Not sure how I feel about that to be honest. 25 grams is going to feel a little light to be honest, after the 1 ounce coins.

Will be interesting any way - and I will certainly be grabbing a handful when they are released.

I wonder if it will have an effect on the price of the 2014 coin, being the last one minted in the old weight and with the weight on it?

i wonder if the Australian Royal Perth Mint, plan to follow suit with time in a big way?  

Given their geographical nature to the far eastern markets, i would assume a good % of their gold ends up in Chinese hands

Just this year they have issued the roo koala and kook in 0.5g increments  

A move by china to a more transparent display of weight/quantity could be a big step for years to come 

Easier to work out prices in 1g 5g 10g 20g 50g or 100g increments (as per current values of bank notes, than proportionally breaking down a troy oz or smaller units 1/2 1/4 1/10 1/20 1/25 and now where we are seeing 1/40

Big picture, fast forward If the yuan ended being backed by gold.... who knows what those in the far east plan to do especially if they choose to release big style the billions of USD ($) treasuries they have

Archived