• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Somalia - 1000 Shillings African Wildlife Leopard 2018

morezone

New series in both silver and gold.  Might be a € or 2 over the elephants.  Early days yet so have to see what dealers offer it out at.

30k mintage on silver and 1k on gold.

Come in capsules.

6157_0.jpg

6157_1.jpg

6158_0.jpg

6158_1.jpg

Just now, Sal said:

Being outside the USA I don't know if they will ship outside USA. Secondary markets outside USA will jack up the $80 premium.

Apmex just have North American exclusive distribution.  Should be widely available in Europe although we pay a higher premium than you guys in the US on all our PMs.

2 minutes ago, morezone said:

Apmex just have North American exclusive distribution.  Should be widely available in Europe although we pay a higher premium than you guys in the US on all our PMs.

1000 coins IMO does not equate to "widely available"

17 minutes ago, Sal said:

1000 coins IMO does not equate to "widely available"

Although this is the silver section I do know you are referring to the gold but all the big players in the EU will get some especially if Apex does indeed only have North American Exclusivity. They might start low at a slight premium over the elephant and depending on their allocation and how well it sells, they may raise prices.  As far as the silver goes, 30k is plenty to go around in the short term.  Gold may have a lower mintage but gold sales are a fraction of silver anyway.

38 minutes ago, Sal said:

$80 is not high for 1000 mintage sorry

I'm not sure where the 80 usd came from? Are you talking premium for the gold version?

I was on about the silver one with a mintage of 30k.  Although I've just seen that gs.be are selling for €16.64, which isn't as much as I expected. Still don't think I'll bother. 

1 minute ago, morezone said:

Although this is the silver section I do know you are referring to the gold but all the big players in the EU will get some especially if Apex does indeed only have North American Exclusivity. They might start low at a slight premium over the elephant and depending on their allocation and how well it sells, they may raise prices.  As far as the silver goes, 30k is plenty to go around in the short term.  Gold may have a lower mintage but gold sales are a fraction of silver anyway.

Apmexclusive has a mintage of 1000 worldwide per Apmex website. Gold correct 

1 minute ago, Bullionaire said:

I'm not sure where the 80 usd came from? Are you talking premium for the gold version?

I was on about the silver one with a mintage of 30k.  Although I've just seen that gs.be are selling for €16.64, which isn't as much as I expected. Still don't think I'll bother. 

Sorry, yes the gold. I screwed up the posting. Should of been in the gold obviously.

Just now, Sal said:

Apmexclusive has a mintage of 1000 worldwide per Apmex website. Gold correct 

I know.  I stated it in my original post.  GS.be already listed it at €10 premium over the 2018 Elephant and I believe Apmex is is $10 over the 2018 Elephant.  I do think it will be widely available seeing how the premium isn't jacked up right now.

The African Wildlife series has always been known for its depiction of the elephant and now it has expanded by adding a coin depicting a leopard. This North America APMEXclusive® has a mintage of 1,000 worldwide.

My interpretation of the "North America" bit is that they have exclusivity in North America and isn't just an APMEX exclusive.

This first release of the APMEXclusive® Republic of Chad Mandala

I interpret this one as an APMEX exclusive.

23 minutes ago, morezone said:

I know.  I stated it in my original post.  GS.be already listed it at €10 premium over the 2018 Elephant and I believe Apmex is is $10 over the 2018 Elephant.  I do think it will be widely available seeing how the premium isn't jacked up right now.

My interpretation of the "North America" bit is that they have exclusivity in North America and isn't just an APMEX exclusive.

I interpret this one as an APMEX exclusive.

Off topic a bit but have any of the gold Somalia one ounce Elephant  coins been limited to 1000 coins? Not familiar with the coin.

Just now, Sal said:

Off topic a bit but have any of the gold Somalia one ounce Elephant  coins been limited to 1000 coins? Not familiar with the coin.

I don't believe they've ever had a cap but the early ones have a low mintage.  How low I don't know but they rarely come up for sale.

I'm trying to explain why I believe it will be widely available whereas you believe it won't be.  I already see at least 3 EU dealers listing it and no doubt more within the next day or 2 but obviously will be at a slight premium over the elephant with the capped mintage.

1 minute ago, morezone said:

I don't believe they've ever had a cap but the early ones have a low mintage.  How low I don't know but they rarely come up for sale.

I'm trying to explain why I believe it will be widely available whereas you believe it won't be.  I already see at least 3 EU dealers listing it and no doubt more within the next day or 2 but obviously will be at a slight premium over the elephant with the capped mintage.

That is fine as long as the mintage is capped at 1000. I don't mind the USA exclusivity screwup I guess just don't want the 1000 mintage to be a screwup as well.

On Monday you could order them for 16,43 (euro), since I just put in an order a day before, I decided to pick them up later.

Now they're listed for 19,71 (gs.be) 

I just started with silver, so does this mean they are hot or is this a tactic from the dealer

Or is this the kind of thing that makes it interesting whether you make a good buy or not? 

probably answered my own question, but some input will be appriciated.

Archived