• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Tokelau Equilibrium series

engire

I was browsing GS.be and stumbled across this Tokelau coin which is the first in what they call the Equilibrium series (balances in nature etc.). It's the first from the Pressburg Mint from Slovakia, so no way of really knowing the quality. It's on GS.be for € 18.27 / £ 16.98, so bit of extra premium (available from September 15). 

What do you think about the design? What do you expect for the series?
I kind of like it, but also not really sure yet.

1-oz-silver-equilibrium-yin-yang-2018-5-harmony.jpg.33aee140cac653f6799c34e06c688551.jpg1754108179_1-oz-silver-equilibrium-yin-yang-2018-5-harmony(1).jpg.ee87e3bb9e391001a6aebba8cb896559.jpg

I've been looking at that coin for a while now and I've decided to no buy it after seeing a video from Southside Stacker

I do like the design and theme but he does make a point that the details aren't quite there, which is a real pity. Then again, I am basing myself solely on his video.

Most important part is always: if you like and think the price is good, then go for it.

Thanks for linking the video. I agree with you there. Looking at it like this the details are really missing indeed.

Even more of a pity, because the video convinced me for the design even more. The combination of technology and nature is well done throughout the coin. I'm doing an order with GS.be soon, so might add one to the order anyway in the hope the mint ups the game for the next ones in the series.

• 1 month later...

Hi, my name is Alan and I work at Pressburg Mint.

Thank you all for your interest in this series, we value your feedback and constantly work on improving the quality of our products and bringing interesting designs and ideas to the table.

We would like to point out that the coin displayed on the photos and on the video is in Bullion quality.

We produce our coins and medallions in 2 variants: Bullion and Brilliant Uncirculated

Bullion coins and medallions are targeted specifically at precious metal investors who usually don't care about the design or the finish, so costs are kept down, resulting in a semi-matte finish with rough details.

Brilliant Uncirculated coins and medallions are made for collectors, to be used as gifts etc., minted with a proof-like finish and much clearer details.

Please see photo attached - this is a BU Equilibrium coin

We are currently developing a method to make our Bullion coins look better, so that the details will be preserved more and the finish will be clearer.

If the reseller you are buying the coins from doesn't offer our coins in the BU variant, you can order directly from our website e-shop.

eq.jpg

A few weeks back I acquired a BU version of this coin from a friend of mine, and I am delighted with it - great detailing and an innovative design.

I haven't seen the bullion grade version of it and so can't really comment, but was quite happy to pay the bit extra for the BU one.

Archived