• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver Deals.....

HighlandTiger

With that kind of qty, they most probably have been bought in in tubes or sheets.  Either that or the seller has been buying in dribs and drabs over a loooong period.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Shinus73 said:

Atkinsons have VAT free pre-2013 1 oz Britannias.

If buying in bulk, it works out cheaper per coin than the recent Nordfrim extravaganza.

https://atkinsonsbullion.com/pre-owned/silver/pre-owned-silver-coins/pre-owned-pre-2013-uk-britannia-1oz-silver-coin

Thanks for the link Shinus, 

Was planning to order some britannia's this weekend. If your buying more than 20 they work out £1-ish cheaper than goldsilver.be. Think i will get 20 and hope i get 2-3 different dates. Either way, they are cheaper and a few years older so win/win depending on condition.

It will be my first time ordering like this, no knowing 100% what i going to receive. :D 

Make new friends but keep the old.

One is silver and the other gold

* * * * K   e   e   p       o   n       s   t   a   c   k   i   n   g  ....my friends****

On 21 July 2016 at 22:41, Kman said:

So did anyone buy this? and thoughts on the price? good deal or no  

Kman - this brings us back to the frenzied discussion about these 2014 proofs back in 2014/2105. 

I have to say I don't own any Britannia silver proofs so I don't really have a strong view here (my weakness is for silver Libertad proofs which have their own crazy pricing dynamics! ); but why were these 5 Ounce proofs only made in two years, and what was the initial asking price from the RM back in 2014.?! From the little scanning of prices I have done or seen live in auctions these Britannia proofs have a whole bunch of followers...so hopefully someone can enlighten me/us! 

Lindeman 

36 minutes ago, Lindeman said:

Kman - this brings us back to the frenzied discussion about these 2014 proofs back in 2014/2105. 

I have to say I don't own any Britannia silver proofs so I don't really have a strong view here (my weakness is for silver Libertad proofs which have their own crazy pricing dynamics! ); but why were these 5 Ounce proofs only made in two years, and what was the initial asking price from the RM back in 2014.?! From the little scanning of prices I have done or seen live in auctions these Britannia proofs have a whole bunch of followers...so hopefully someone can enlighten me/us! 

Lindeman 

They were £395.00 at the time from the RM

If you look on sold Ebay listings, they go for a lot now, especially if they're graded a 70 they can reach £1000+

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

On 27/07/2016 at 17:11, Paul said:

x10 test order placed with request in notes for 'mixed years' if possible - see what arrived :)

On 27/07/2016 at 17:04, Shinus73 said:

They're probably all 2012's ?.

I've ordered a few, so will find out soon enough.

Got my dispatch notice email from Atkinsons this afternoon, I should take delivery tomorrow.

Will report what arrives as i requested 'mixed' years 

So we will see if they're a mix or all same year. Fingers crossed.

x979 left in stock 

https://atkinsonsbullion.com/pre-owned/silver/pre-owned-silver-coins/pre-owned-pre-2013-uk-britannia-1oz-silver-coin

16 minutes ago, Paul said:

Got my dispatch notice email from Atkinsons this afternoon, I should take delivery tomorrow.

x979 left in stock 

I spoke to them earlier and they said that the majority of them were 2011 and 2012 coins with a small minority being other years.

I had a problem with payment, they sent me and email saying that my billing address did not match with what they had on their records. I had to send proof of address which means my coins where not posted today :( 

I also requested mixed dates, i need from 2007 till 2010 and a 1998 to get the run up to date. I would be happy to get one of those dates. 

* * * * K   e   e   p       o   n       s   t   a   c   k   i   n   g  ....my friends****

17 hours ago, Paul said:

x979 left in stock 

They've arrived - x5 of each year - x5 2011 and x5 2012

IMG_0262.JPG

Looks like 10 of each for me tomorrow morning. Still better than 2016's. I notice you did not mention about the condition so i am going to assume they are ok. 

Thanks for reporting Paul :) 

1 hour ago, jayboat said:

Looks like 10 of each for me tomorrow morning. Still better than 2016's. I notice you did not mention about the condition so i am going to assume they are ok. 

Thanks for reporting Paul :) 

I've posted about the condition in the Today I Received thread. Generally OK, but some are a bit scruffy (milky, scuffs).

On 7/27/2016 at 16:59, Shinus73 said:

Atkinsons have VAT free pre-2013 1 oz Britannias.

If buying in bulk, it works out cheaper per coin than the recent Nordfrim extravaganza.

Mine arrived today. At a quick look they are all in good nic, they arrived in a tube. 

18x 2012's and 2x 2011's

Was hoping for 10/10, but at that price i can not complain.It was also nice getting them delivered so quickly as i am used to ordering outside the UK.  

3 minutes ago, GoldenAtlantis said:

Can you tell me how it's possible to see the number of items left in stock on the Atkinsons page?

Put one in your basket, then go to basket and type 9999, it will give you the max available.

Currently 575.

3 hours ago, Bigchilli said:

I ordered 10x of the buffalo rounds @17.10 oz

Going to get another 10 on Friday 

Do Atkinson's do this all the time?I've never seen them do vat free silver before 

They have in the past but I think many people have seen this spike and sold to them.

23 hours ago, jayboat said:

Mine arrived today. At a quick look they are all in good nic, they arrived in a tube. 

18x 2012's and 2x 2011's

Was hoping for 10/10, but at that price i can not complain.It was also nice getting them delivered so quickly as i am used to ordering outside the UK.  

I am a little annoyed as i had 1 2012 britannia already and as i received 18, i am now 1 short of a tube so looks like im in the market for 1 more 2012.

It will come along sometime i guess, some ebay mixed lot are another offer are something. Will be nice to have a full tube of the .925. :P 

4 minutes ago, jayboat said:

Will be nice to have a full tube of the .925. :P 

unfortunately, that will not happen. :)

Britannias up to 2012 are made of Britannia silver not Sterling silver. Britannia silver is 0.958 fine, not 0.925. 

1 hour ago, HighlandTiger said:

unfortunately, that will not happen. :)

Britannias up to 2012 are made of Britannia silver not Sterling silver. Britannia silver is 0.958 fine, not 0.925. 

I sort of felt it was wrong when i was typing it but was in a hurry and had no time to google it. Thanks for the correction :D :rolleyes:

21 hours ago, Bigchilli said:

I ordered 10x of the buffalo rounds @17.10 oz

Going to get another 10 on Friday 

Do Atkinson's do this all the time?I've never seen them do vat free silver before 

None Left :(

Silverstacking.co.uk 

Archived