• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Last minted

Silverien

So some time ago I bought a 2018 Perth mint Proof swan coin and it just so happened to be the last Proof coin minted, lucky number 2500.

Q1/Big question do you guys think it’s woth more being the last Proof coin minted for 2018.

Q2/Do you think I should get it Graded and hope they will add lastcoin minted on the grading.

Q3/Should I just sell it or keep it for a few years???

So tell me what you would do with it I am interested in knowing what you guys think.

I will take a pic tomorrow and show you all, it’s getting late and the wife won’t let me open the safe hahahahaha.

Silverien

At a guess, I would say it is almost certainly worth more as the last minted. If you cant have the very first one, the very last one (in a series that reaches its maximum mintage) is surely the one you want. I imagine there are some collectors out there who like to collect first and last minted coins. I have no experience with grading but surely they would consider marking it up as last minted?

Im not a fan of collectors items, so I would cash in on the opportunity and sell. Your call though.

Order of mintage and CoA mean nothing (they are done in batches almost certainly, with some flunky throwing the next CoA to hand into the box).

You have a great CoA though and that may mean some extra value to some collectors (if you find the right one willing to pay a premium you select - I wouldn't put it to auction because most folk know what I put above).

So:

1) No, but the CoA is desirable.

2) No chance. How do you prove the coin matches the CoA without written evidence (possibly more) from the Mint? You can't. The grading companies charge extra for 'First Releases' and 'Early Releases' and 'First 250 Struck' which appeal to the American market I've been told on here, simply because the US coins are such large mintages. This is a scam by the grading companies imvho opinion because you have to get the coins in fast to get any of these labels, and the CoA has no bearing on any of them, they just charge you more for the label. If youcan get one it may be worth it for the future American market, but basically it's meaningless. I have SotD Sovereigns I can't get these labels for because I haven't submitted them 'in time' for the graders, despite it being fairly obvious to anyone with a working brain that a Strike on the Day must be an 'Early Release' :wacko:

3) Who knows how these coins will do in future or if it's best to sell now? If you can get a premium for the CoA it might be worth it.

Archived