• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

PM's in freefall??

5huggy

Silver @ £11.50 / $14.785 !

Does anyone else feel that this could go much lower or is it really "backup the truck" time!

I have not seen a consistent fall period like recently , for quite some time - but this to me is very like 2007/8 again

Much lower and I rape the Isa savings to "pour" into PM's

PS gold silver ratio now 80.2 - 1

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GSR - just since I started this thread is now 80.438 wow! its going up like a rocket

I think there is (not sure what) something else going on other than just dollar strength!

have to agree with @Professor £/cost average is going to improve at these levels - but thats relative also to the amount you buy "low"

what does your strategy say you should be doing?

summer is usually a time for lower pm prices. it's a

matter of time and not price. I would not go all in at

this point as there are things that are unclear that

might get clearer in the autumn. imo long term buys

on offers should be ok.

HH

54 minutes ago, HawkHybrid said:

what does your strategy say you should be doing?

summer is usually a time for lower pm prices. it's a

matter of time and not price. I would not go all in at

this point as there are things that are unclear that

might get clearer in the autumn.

I agree. I wouldn't buy massive amounts of silver at these prices. If it ever got in the $5-$10 range again I'd be selling stuff to buy much more, but as for strategy and where the price is currently… just keep trucking, adding to the stack. Instead of buying 5 or 10 ounces at a time I might would add an extra ounce and do 6 or 11. Just my opinion.

20 minutes ago, PansPurse said:

Oh gods, @BackyardBullion I'm sorry, I think we might be about to break your kitchen table...

She is a sturdy old girl - can take my weight easily enough so we are good for now ?

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

58 minutes ago, TerryGriffiths said:

If we follow the 2008-2011 market pattern, I think we could see silver in $10 range.

That's the time to load up with a nice 500 -1000z order.

^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^

If it hits $10/ounce, I would be buying as much as I could. 

I would just like to add my 2 cents here 

PM price drops are common and they often correct themselves (maybe not all the way) to a certain degree. Just because prices are falling today does not mean anyone should rush out and buy. I have and always will advocate sticking to buying strategies and to always buy within your means. 

Also, don't put all your eggs into one basket - whilst prices are low that does not mean that they should be the sole focus of a saving strategy.

Personally, I am going to be spending the same amount of money I had planned to this weekend - all it means is I will get a few more oz's for my money!

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

Archived