• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Michael Maloney

Mark10110

Hi guys and Gals,

Have any of you read the books by Michael Maloney and if so what do you make of him? I am considering getting his Audiablebook to listen to in the car as i drive but I have no idea if he is.... "Baloney" (pun intended).

Do you have any other books/Audiobooks you guys recommend? or even a video that would be an interest to someone silver stacking.

Thanks in advance, 

Mark 

Just now, JunkBond said:

I have watched all his Hidden Secrets of Money films and found them really well presented. Trouble is these guys are all pumpers/prophets of doom in reality... aren't they?

thats the feel I get.

Thanking about getting "rich dad poor dad" also.

I want to avoid the "the end is nigh" kind of books, I have my zombie books for that.

2 minutes ago, Mark10110 said:

I want to avoid the "the end is nigh" kind of books, I have my zombie books for that.

Agreed, the end may well be nigh but we don't have to dwell on it, we are already clued up, that is why we are here. Just buy lots of metal and sit tight! :D

I have Maloney's Guide To Investing In Gold and Silver and I learned a lot from it.

Got it in a charity shop for 50p...worth every penny!!

It is a good insight into what is real money versus the fiat paper currency.

Plenty of info about how banks work etc

As Junkbond states there is an underlying message of "the next depression is just around the corner so stock up on PM's now" but otherwise a good read.

Maloney is strictly a bullion guy and he doesn't recommend numismatics in this book.

The summary on Amazon says "How the U.S. government is driving inflation by diluting our money supply and weakening our purchasing power"

The gold and silver bugs have been saying that for more than a decade, and it hasn't come true. We've seen very little inflation. There's a lot about central banking that the bugs and Austrians don't seem to understand, and there are a lot of phenomena that they can't explain, like why quantitative easing (QE) didn't cause much inflation, if any.

I don't understand some of these things either. Obama exploded the national debt like no other president in history, and yet we seem to be fine and doing well. Maybe it's just a matter of degree – the CBO said the debt was going to shave a few tenths of a percent off GDP growth for many years to come. Compounded, that matters.

If you do get the book, I'd be sure to get the second edition, since the original was published ten years ago and the second edition came out in 2015. I don't know what country you're in, but the American link is here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1937832740

13 minutes ago, Bimetallic said:

We've seen very little inflation.

That's true for the official inflation rate, the non-official looks a little bit different. And where the most inflation/money went to is stocks and house prices (at least here in Europe). The prices in these assets exploded over the last 10 years...

1 hour ago, Mark10110 said:

thats the feel I get.

Thanking about getting "rich dad poor dad" also.

I just finished reading RD:PD, some interesting ideas. But also gets infuriatingly vague on how to actually make money. Also my God the author needs to take account of survivorship bias!

9 hours ago, Mark10110 said:

Hi guys and Gals,

Have any of you read the books by Michael Maloney and if so what do you make of him? I am considering getting his Audiablebook to listen to in the car as i drive but I have no idea if he is.... "Baloney" (pun intended).

Do you have any other books/Audiobooks you guys recommend? or even a video that would be an interest to someone silver stacking.

Thanks in advance, 

Mark 

For over a decade he's been saying that a crash is about to happen. If it does happen, many years into the future, he will claim he predicted it all along. 

There’s a lot of hidden inflation. The big companies are in on it too. 19 cigarettes in a pack of 20 these days but everyone asks for 20 and gets 19. Chocolate bars getting smaller and smaller (of course because it’s bad for you, nothing to do with inflation - maybe). Multipacks if same chocolate down from 4 bars to 3 etc etc.

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

3 hours ago, MancunianStacker said:

There’s a lot of hidden inflation. The big companies are in on it too. 19 cigarettes in a pack of 20 these days but everyone asks for 20 and gets 19. Chocolate bars getting smaller and smaller (of course because it’s bad for you, nothing to do with inflation - maybe). Multipacks if same chocolate down from 4 bars to 3 etc etc.

Shrinkflation!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-42864685

At least Jaffa cakes have bucked the trend

1 hour ago, vand said:

Shrinkflation!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-42864685

At least Jaffa cakes have bucked the trend

That’s it I’m just buying Jaffa Cakes as treats now. Thanks @vand

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

17 hours ago, Mark10110 said:

Hi guys and Gals,

Thanks in advance, 

Mark 

Hey Mark - 

I found Michael Maloney's ebook online in this PDF (LINK).  I've read about a fourth of it and the majority of the book is about the history of gold and silver, in which Maloney is building the case for why gold and silver are good to have.  Good information.  I don't feel it's a "doomsday" book at all, but talks about how regulators and people who control fiat currency inherently get into situations where they HAVE to print more money to try to dig themselves out of a whole that they can't.  This creates a problem that ultimately results in rapid inflation, currency devaluation, and a rush to hard assets like gold and silver.

Enjoy!

10 hours ago, Mark10110 said:

I just got "The creature from Jekyll island".

I am in England so the book is not entirely relevant to me. 

Hmmm .... Be interest to know what chapter you change your mind ;) ... Enjoy

On 15/08/2018 at 07:49, Mark10110 said:

I just got "The creature from Jekyll island".

I am in England so the book is not entirely relevant to me. 

I read this book last year, and it's probably the best book I've ever read. Although it's about the Fed, every country (except 3 now I think) has a Central Bank, so it's the same thing really. The Fed's just half a private enterprise and half government.

It's an amazing eye opener to how the world really works and who's really in charge of everything.

Hi,

Watch some old Mike Maloney youtube videos - I have a feeling he's about 10 years too early with his 'doom-mongering'. 

A bit like Peter 'I was right once' Shift.

Both sell PM's.  Vestige interests all round!

Rich Dad Poor Dad - good insights but liked RDPD, CashFlow Quadrant better.

T

On 14/08/2018 at 15:18, Bimetallic said:

The summary on Amazon says "How the U.S. government is driving inflation by diluting our money supply and weakening our purchasing power"

The gold and silver bugs have been saying that for more than a decade, and it hasn't come true. We've seen very little inflation. There's a lot about central banking that the bugs and Austrians don't seem to understand, and there are a lot of phenomena that they can't explain, like why quantitative easing (QE) didn't cause much inflation, if any.

I don't understand some of these things either. Obama exploded the national debt like no other president in history, and yet we seem to be fine and doing well. Maybe it's just a matter of degree – the CBO said the debt was going to shave a few tenths of a percent off GDP growth for many years to come. Compounded, that matters.

If you do get the book, I'd be sure to get the second edition, since the original was published ten years ago and the second edition came out in 2015. I don't know what country you're in, but the American link is here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1937832740

With all due respect, I disagree. Housing, food and the stock market have had significant inflation. If you use the CPI as your gauge for inflation I suppose you might be correct; however, CPI is a very manipulated number. If you use the CPI as it was used in the late 20th century, current inflation is calculated significantly higher. 

I do agree the Obama admin exploded the national debt and Trump is continuing the debt party. I would argue we are not doing fine. We are on  the cusp of falling off the cliff. It is projected in 2019 we will pay 500 Billion dollars just to service debt while at the same time borrowing an additional 1.5 trillion. Who is going to continue loaning that amount? China has stopped buying US Treasuries, and Russia has liquidated almost all of theirs and are no longer buying more. Global debt stands at an all time high of 250 trillion. I could go on but the point is made. There is WAY too much debt and something is going to give. Maybe I'm wrong and they can continue to paper over everything, but at some point it will  collapse. The central banking/fractional reserve system is a Ponzi scheme. All Ponzi schemes eventually fail. JMHO YMMV.

Guys like Maloney and Schiff have some very valid points but in all reality you cannot just listen to one side of the story. One needs to take all of the info and resolve to come to an educated opinion on how to conduct wealth preservation. In my opinion the dollar is a worthless piece of paper that only has an illusion of value attached to it. The game has changed. We are in un-chartered territory as the whole economic system is manipulated from every angle. Under lying fundamentals just don't seem to work anymore. The MSN constantly broadcasts that everything is ok but when the powers that be own and manipulate the stock market, PM prices and everything they can get their hands on seems to tell me they own the media as well and can spread their propaganda to manipulate the masses into believing anything they want to. I will just keep trading in my useless FRN's for real money at the end of the week: Silver and Gold. My hourly wage comes out to around six ounce's of silver. I pay myself in silver every week. I will put it away for retirement, a rainy day or just leave it to my kids. Feels great to be free from the institutional slavery of the banking cartel... 

14 hours ago, Ajohn151 said:

With all due respect, I disagree. Housing, food and the stock market have had significant inflation. If you use the CPI as your gauge for inflation I suppose you might be correct; however, CPI is a very manipulated number. If you use the CPI as it was used in the late 20th century, current inflation is calculated significantly higher. 

I do agree the Obama admin exploded the national debt and Trump is continuing the debt party. I would argue we are not doing fine. We are on  the cusp of falling off the cliff. It is projected in 2019 we will pay 500 Billion dollars just to service debt while at the same time borrowing an additional 1.5 trillion. Who is going to continue loaning that amount? China has stopped buying US Treasuries, and Russia has liquidated almost all of theirs and are no longer buying more. Global debt stands at an all time high of 250 trillion. I could go on but the point is made. There is WAY too much debt and something is going to give. Maybe I'm wrong and they can continue to paper over everything, but at some point it will  collapse. The central banking/fractional reserve system is a Ponzi scheme. All Ponzi schemes eventually fail. JMHO YMMV.

The loan is from your own citizens in the future. The promise is they will be paid back in dollars. However there is no guarantee of the purchasing power of those dollars. When enough people believe and agree that the ever growin obligations cannot ever be met then the currency's legitimacy is called into question.. and then the currency's death spiral begins.

Archived