• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

the look of silver

JimmyStack

I don't know what it is really but i love the look of silver much more than gold... something hypnotic about it... better than platinum or palladium too... silver, the gentleman's metal (and Ladies too)... just thought i would put that out... enjoying a wee bit of gin tonight and feel chatty lol

At the risk of getting thrown off the silver forum as a heretic I have to say I personally don't find silver that visually appealing. Combined with the fact that it's valued so low by weight and suffers from huge margins I have trouble getting too excited by silver coins. ?

A gold coin on the other hand looks pretty darn impressive. Platinum too has an edge over silver in terms of appearance for me.

19 minutes ago, FoolzGold said:

Platinum too has an edge over silver in terms of appearance for me.

In which way? I do like the way platinum flows when struck on a larger magnification level but overall it seems greyer and darker. 

Also on coins the lustre of circulation issue gold coins is more appealing than silver. 

But as cast bars, silver seems to have an edge. Although i still have to see a BYB gold ripple bar to compare. 

I know which of my bars I prefer and feels better in the hand, and its not the one on the right :)

pACIqgo.png

At spot you could have 15 bars + change of the one on the right for the price of the gold bar.  Highlights how value dense gold is.

3 hours ago, Bullionaire said:

I do like the look of sliver,  but you can't beat pure gold for aesthetic appearance. I will own a 1oz gold coin someday!

Pure copper has a great look to it, which rivals gold.

7 minutes ago, RacerCool said:

Pure copper has a great look to it, which rivals gold.

I do like the look of copper, especially with a matt finish. I just find gold captivating to look at. Maybe it's partly  knowing how expensive it is that does it

4 hours ago, FoolzGold said:

At the risk of getting thrown off the silver forum as a heretic I have to say I personally don't find silver that visually appealing. Combined with the fact that it's valued so low by weight and suffers from huge margins I have trouble getting too excited by silver coins. ?

A gold coin on the other hand looks pretty darn impressive. Platinum too has an edge over silver in terms of appearance for me.

I could not disagree more re the platinum comment. For me platinum is a dirty looking slightly blue version of silver. It is in no way attractive to me.

Im mostly a silver stacker but have some gold and its a toss up for me between the two in terms of looks. For example, I think the QBs in silver look boss, gold ones are just meh to me. But philharmonics look only ok in silver but look amazing in gold.

Just sorting through some coins, these are some of the reasons I like silver.  Maria Theresa is a mass produced bullion con but still lovely, Morgan's nice and I may start collecting them, the hunting Thaler is a repro unfortunately, the real ones are a bit out of my price range but I'm not complaining at £7.  IMG_0270.thumb.JPG.b2756a6ee959fe3a9011146bae69ba0e.JPGIMG_0269.thumb.JPG.b3c8aee23f0843ee9d11249cab54ef6f.JPGIMG_0272.thumb.JPG.2bd8217c66ff715b65d7c2939927bd52.JPGIMG_0271.thumb.JPG.60fd5c4bfc0d891285fb7194f71a0594.JPGIMG_0274.thumb.JPG.5693e869199536996b53c77ab73f4264.JPGIMG_0273.thumb.JPG.3d3a524f9ddc60a67f40dfb823c2b638.JPG

36 minutes ago, StackerNoob said:

I could not disagree more re the platinum comment. For me platinum is a dirty looking slightly blue version of silver. It is in no way attractive to me.

Im mostly a silver stacker but have some gold and its a toss up for me between the two in terms of looks. For example, I think the QBs in silver look boss, gold ones are just meh to me. But philharmonics look only ok in silver but look amazing in gold.

Each to their own. BTW I'll be happy to send you a 2oz silver QB for any 1oz platinum QB you might have. ;)

Personally I'm still waiting for a vibranium or unobtainium 1oz coin. ?

3 hours ago, FoolzGold said:

Each to their own. BTW I'll be happy to send you a 2oz silver QB for any 1oz platinum QB you might have. ;)

Personally I'm still waiting for a vibranium or unobtainium 1oz coin. ?

I have a really large vibranium round on order, which comes with a neat-looking capsule of this "serum" stuff that they said was part of the package. It was a bit more than I wanted to spend this pay period but Apmex was having one of their vault deals.

Ok then what metal/colour would you have if it was as valuable as gold and didnt tarnish, also it wouldnt be poisonous or make you glow like the ready brek kid ?

I think copper and tungsten carbide for me, some nice poured/cast kilo bars for me.

Archived