• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

What was your best precious metal investment over the past 2 years?

Pampfan

Just curious as to what others have found to be their best precious metal investment over the past two years - bars or coins, etc.

My best bar investment is by far my pickup of a 1 ounce pamp fortuna rhodium bar - which I purchased for $900 in 2016. 

My best coin investment was the 2015 1 ounce platinum eagle which I purchased from the us mint directly - got it graded by pcgs - and was able to flip it for a $1,000 profit.

my biggest losses are just all my billion holdings currently - as precious metals are taking a beating to pound town as of late. 

We will see what the future holds

089C5A9B-BFAE-4130-BAF5-95D7D940A974.jpeg

19D0D3AF-C545-4CB9-BE2D-374F7DA8D2E6.jpeg

4C41EE97-06AA-4B00-869A-46AACBEC9189.jpeg

06C41858-2F21-428C-BCCB-C71B87CD6A83.jpeg

The 1 oz gold queens beast bullion have done well in terms of collect ability over a short time which I find surprising. Its all paper gains here for now though. 

IMAG1341.jpg.3bd4ae5907697335557a408287cf12d9.thumb.jpg.8c486b156d9fe03f5d8f55c09862b3a6.jpg

Biggest loss I am holding is 1 oz platinum maple, got a long way to go to recover that loss. (Paper loss. :D)

Maples.thumb.jpg.236c544e34d1a485b43d25bed975b13f.jpg

(The little one on the right)

2 years is not a long time frame for PM's. 

1 hour ago, Big23 said:

A 5oz silver heart from @BackyardBullion for my wife for our 5 year wedding anniversary. Happy wife happy life -> priceless :D 

Gosh 5oz. She's got a big heart. You must love her a lot. ?

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

1 hour ago, Big23 said:

A 5oz silver heart from @BackyardBullion for my wife for our 5 year wedding anniversary. Happy wife happy life -> priceless :D 

My friend - that is far too kind - I am sure there have been better purchases you have made!

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

4 minutes ago, sixgun said:

I'm looking for a lady who has at least a 50oz solid gold heart, probably why I am still eligibly single lol.

8 minutes ago, sixgun said:

5 years 5oz, fits perfectly :D

On the other hand it's not about size or value, it's the sign that matters ;)

11 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

My friend - that is far too kind - I am sure there have been better purchases you have made!

Equally good is the other heart you made for my little one, she really likes to play around with it :)

2017 Kilo silver Libertad and 1 oz gold QB Griffin have probably had the best gains.  @FoolzGold I wish I had picked up a Palladium Eagle when they first were first available.  I intended to get one but I wasn't paying attention and they sold out before I could.

not at all sure what mine is, or would be as I have yet to sell any of my Pm, be it coins, bars, to realise any profit,  might find out in three years time when I plan to retire and liquidate some , but I can see things like the 2005 proofs I own have increased in value , may be the best is the 11 coin 1887 set, which stands me at £0 but  that's because in inherited that so may not count:mellow:, i think the next step i must take is getting into my first grading to maximize some of the values .

dean.m

My best investment over the last 12 months is buying a 2017 Ares Greek God of War 2oz silver coin for NZ$325.

Ebay sellers now asking anywhere from NZ3200 to NZ4000each.

I also bought the 2018 Poseidon 2oz coin for NZ$420 this year.

They are being listed on Ebay from about NZ$1600.

I think I may buy two of next years coins and use one to pay for the first.

My Best bar/coin investment was actually getting started in PM's mid 2017. I would also count signing up to TSF as a premium member as a good investment. 
Worst investment is buying overpriced silver with VAT on top from an online bullion dealer (rookie mistake)

Still early days for me, hoping to be a seasoned stacker in the long term.  

Archived