• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Grading sovereign.s

Goldmick

Just wanted to start a thread on here about graded and grading sovereign.s. what started it off was me seeing regal stackers you tube clip he has a very nice 2017 collection of sovereign.s all 70.s ngc grade. He said on his you tube vid he wants a 2017 bullion 200 privy sovereign graded ms70 he offered £1000 for the full and £500 for the half. Not bad price lol. Think the is only 2 of them at that grade. Just wanted to start a good place on here for all your thoughts on grading sovereign.s i have a nice few graded sovs. pictures to come later. I have sent some to ngc via heritage ngc grading when i was at the London coin fair. The was two  2017 bullion a 2005 proof. A 2017i pamp sov. 

On 14/07/2018 at 12:36, sovereignsteve said:

Grading is becoming more popular these days due to increased concerns about authenticity in older coins and the modern MS/PR70 fetish in modern coins.

A fetish, indeed.

I got carried away and gave my 2018 bullion sov to a local dealer who is a PCGS member. It got a MS69 which is not too bad but probably not worth the grading costs. 

Archived