• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

**July/August 2018** Group order from The European Mint

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK - Here is an update on the mammoth group order. 

Delivery is expected very soon.

I am expecting that we will be able to get all of your items processed and delivered to you by no later than the end of next week, Friday 14th September. 

This is a little later than originally planned, but this order is so vast and complex that we need more time. 

Thank you for bearing with us and you will all have your silver soon!

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

16 minutes ago, Craig17g said:

Any update on the due date for the huge unboxing?

In due course - you can expect an exciting viewing schedule at the later end of next week 😉

Good news and bad news update for you all......

Good news

The eagle has flown the nest and will be landing imminently. 

Bad news

This eagle is so heavy that it has had to take a more leisurely route by road than air, meaning a couple more days delay. 

So the new schedule and plan is as follows:

Parcels will be in the post on FRIDAY and SATURDAY this week. I do not expect to be able to get all of these parcels out on Friday so it will be pot luck for those of you who get your parcels on Saturday morning instead of Monday next week. 

Guys, I am sorry for the delays on this order. It came at a bad time for the EU mint having had some vacation time. Combine that with the cheap as chips prices at the moment and they are choker block busy. But, the end is in sight. 

There is no bad news there. We know it's on the way if people wanted orders quicker then they should have put there own orders in 😁🤣. And we all know how much of a work up it is for you two and it's much appreciated. So no arguments here my friend 👍. Thank you

Just now, AgD said:

There is no bad news there. We know it's on the way if people wanted orders quicker then they should have put there own orders in 😁🤣. And we all know how much of a work up it is for you two and it's much appreciated. So no arguments here my friend 👍. Thank you

Thanks fella.

I just hate this part of the process so much. I (and to some degree) my reputation is in the hands of others....Just nothing more I can do to speed things up!

Incidentally I am also waiting on a very large delivery from the Edinburgh Assay Office and that has been delayed due to sickness and holidays! I have customers waiting on so many levels and there is NOTHING I can do!!!!!

Rant over

I promise....

Maybe....

Focus on the end goal....Saturday night in the BYB household will consist of a large beer, a chinese takeaway!

3 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

Thanks fella.

I just hate this part of the process so much. I (and to some degree) my reputation is in the hands of others....Just nothing more I can do to speed things up!

Incidentally I am also waiting on a very large delivery from the Edinburgh Assay Office and that has been delayed due to sickness and holidays! I have customers waiting on so many levels and there is NOTHING I can do!!!!!

Rant over

I promise....

Maybe....

Focus on the end goal....Saturday night in the BYB household will consist of a large beer, a chinese takeaway!

you left the S off beer.....

1 minute ago, BackyardBullion said:

Thanks fella.

Rant over

I promise....

Maybe....

I don't blame you there.

People know how much you put into this and I know me for one are thankful 👍.

And everyone is aloud a rant every now and again 😁

No worries @BackyardBullion, I can only image the immense effort involved with organising all this, and I only have mucho appreciation for all the work you and your wife put into making this happen.  As eager as I am to get my hands on my first silver purchase, I'll happily wait and let the excitement build a little more :D

@BackyardBullion I don’t think anyone could possibly have any issues with your efforts on this one mate. This is my first order and i knew it was going to be hit and miss because of how complex it was, you are doing a sterling job in my book, you have kept everyone up to date and on the same page no one could ask for more!!!!

4 minutes ago, AppleZippoandMetronome said:

Agree with all the above comments that there are no worries on the timing as the work is very much appreciated and the delays are very much understandable. Also couldn't agree more with @silverdocket

🍻🍻

@silverdocket you are both underestimating how big my single beer is going to be!

40 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

Good news and bad news update for you all......

Good news

The eagle has flown the nest and will be landing imminently. 

Bad news

This eagle is so heavy that it has had to take a more leisurely route by road than air, meaning a couple more days delay. 

So the new schedule and plan is as follows:

Parcels will be in the post on FRIDAY and SATURDAY this week. I do not expect to be able to get all of these parcels out on Friday so it will be pot luck for those of you who get your parcels on Saturday morning instead of Monday next week. 

Guys, I am sorry for the delays on this order. It came at a bad time for the EU mint having had some vacation time. Combine that with the cheap as chips prices at the moment and they are choker block busy. But, the end is in sight. 

The eagle sounds like more of a dodo 😛

I don't know how easy it is for you to seperate the Friday/Saturday orders, but as I'm getting mine delivered to work, I'm happy for mine to go on the Saturday, rather than the Friday. Just depends how much bother it is for you really! 

1 hour ago, BackyardBullion said:

Bad news

do they need a fork lift to get it off :P I bet the drivers despise packages like this lol.

@BackyardBullion  thank you for keeping everyone informed. 2000 oz silver unboxing is going to be your biggest unboxing video ever. You need to make sure do and say everything want to convey and capture everything perfectly on your 4K camera for YouTube. I do believe one of these days the massive unboxing videos will go viral and propel BYB business to the next level. As for any delays in the group order or the hand poured silver ordered by me I don't have any issues.

Best of luck and thanks for keeping us informed.

Since we're holding for the long term, a few weeks wait is nothing. I echo the comments on your sterling effort on this order BYB, I'm sure all of us appreciate it.

I too am having mine delivered to work but since I work both days, it's not a problem which day you post out on.

12 hours ago, BackyardBullion said:

No worries mate, none of us here are the slighest bit annoyed with you!

On a completely unrelated note, could you pass me the details of the group order complaints department?

Completely unrelated.

Promise...

Archived