• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Goldsilver.be Tax identification

SpainGold

Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum,i came here by watching some youtube videos like BackyardBullion.

I have a question for you guys,i want to buy some gold and silver so i have seen many people recommend Goldsilver.be in youtube videos but when i was about to register on the web i saw something weird.. They ask me for my identification,i never used that in any other web and i don't know why they ask that.

Did you guys put your ID in the web too? It's something normal? I'm not much into buying things online so i want to know if other members of this forum have done that and if nothing wrong happens by doing so.

Thank you all for reading my post.

If the delivery address is in the UK, no identification number is requested.

If i had it delivered to an address is Spain, they ask for my NIE. Not sure what they are doing with this. Why do you have to give your NIE when you buy a SIM card when in the UK you don't need to show ID. In the UK you don't need to carry ID, in Spain you could end up under arrest if you aren't carrying your passport. Officially you aren't supposed to paint the walls INSIDE the house without permission. I expect it is the usual Spanish red tape but i also expect they are keeping tabs on your precious metal purchases.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

8 hours ago, SpainGold said:

Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum,i came here by watching some youtube videos like BackyardBullion.

I have a question for you guys,i want to buy some gold and silver so i have seen many people recommend Goldsilver.be in youtube videos but when i was about to register on the web i saw something weird.. They ask me for my identification,i never used that in any other web and i don't know why they ask that.

Did you guys put your ID in the web too? It's something normal? I'm not much into buying things online so i want to know if other members of this forum have done that and if nothing wrong happens by doing so.

Thank you all for reading my post.

I actually did have to provide ID for an order from Goldsilver.be once, it was for my second order with them too which was weird and I did challenge it. They basically explained that they have to check that their customers are actually based in the EU for tax reasons. I got the impression this is a random thing and they dont do it for all orders.

55 minutes ago, StackerNoob said:

I actually did have to provide ID for an order from Goldsilver.be once, it was for my second order with them too which was weird and I did challenge it. They basically explained that they have to check that their customers are actually based in the EU for tax reasons. I got the impression this is a random thing and they dont do it for all orders.

I'm a bit confused guys because i'm from Canary Islands Spain,but when i'm about to register i checked other countries to see if any other asked for ID and i found this.. So the Canary Islands are a region within Spain but i can select them as my country? Also they don't ask me for ID if i choose that as my country.

Should i use Canary Islands instead in my registration? Weird thing is there are 2 Canary Islands options in there. I guess if i put that as my country the package would arrive correctly? 

Thank you for your replies and i hope someone can help me here,it gets kinda confusing.

forum.png

I had lately a document from my insurance wanting my NIF number. So naturally I contacted them and they explained it's 2 sides of the same thing. I'm sure some people heard of facts for us citizens to track all monetary movements and bank accounts. Well basically they told me it's the EU doing the same thing in the EU now to track everyone's money

@SpainGold The software is putting up the Canary Islands - this is not unusual. Canary Islands will be in the website software - goldsilver.be are not doing this deliberately. i just looked in my website to check and Canary Islands are there.

For example in 'United Kingdom' you will find many 'different countries' coming up. The Channel Islands, Isle of Man, Western Islands of Scotland and so on and so on.

Sometimes it may be important for the calculation of shipping costs. If you are in the Canary Islands you should put you are.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

5 hours ago, sixgun said:

@SpainGold The software is putting up the Canary Islands - this is not unusual. Canary Islands will be in the website software - goldsilver.be are not doing this deliberately. i just looked in my website to check and Canary Islands are there.

For example in 'United Kingdom' you will find many 'different countries' coming up. The Channel Islands, Isle of Man, Western Islands of Scotland and so on and so on.

Sometimes it may be important for the calculation of shipping costs. If you are in the Canary Islands you should put you are.

Thank you for the help,already registered with Canary Islands and it doesn't ask me for ID,the bad thing now is that the shipping here is worth 35€,a lot of money. But i guess that i would not get anything much better from other places,bad location to live in if you want to stack. I might buy some sovereign and post it here to show you what i got,we'll see.

Anyway,thanks again for the replies and have a good one guys ?

10 hours ago, knighthawk said:

Isn't The Canary Islands outside of the EU customs union VAT area? I was told this when I went to Tenerrife so I could only bring back 50 cigars instead of the usual 200.

I was told this also

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

When you register a delivery address in Spain goldsilver.be requests ID such as an NIE number (for non Spaniards) or NIF (for Spaniards). When making certain purchases in Spain an NIE/NIF is requested. If you buy a house, rent a house, buy a car, buy a SIM card....... Presumably precious metals are dealt with the same as the other transactions. It can be very bureaucratic.

The site does not request ID if you give a delivery address in the Canary Islands.

The Canary Islands are outside the EU VAT area. If you buy a house or a car in the Canary Islands you would need an NIE, so for some reason precious metals have slipped through this legislation or goldsilver.be have made a mistake. You decide.

Archived