• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Is this Teapot Silver or Silver Plate

Moby

Hi Everyone,

I bought this teapot at a car boot sale but i cannot make out whether it is silver or silver plate. it does not seem to have any marks which suggest it is silver, but also it does not have any marks that suggests it is silver plated, it does have some marks on the base, but i have been unable to figure them out. - -I am no expert, so would really appreciate any feedback and opinions. I attach two photographs.

Thanks, Moby.

20180618_104706[1].jpg

20180618_104736[1].jpg

Yeah a sharper picture please, my poor old eyes are feeling the strain today. It is a very nice looking teapot, looks like ivory or bone in the lid handle but i agree with SILVERFINGER its plated.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

Thanks for the responses.  One more question, since the mark is over stamped and not clear, how can I be sure that is is silver plate and not silver?  I have read that all silver should have a sterling mark or .925 mark, but i also read that there are a very few exceptions to that.

Please let me know your thoughts before I sell it on cheap as plate :)

Thanks.

They wouldnt of allowed a piece to be stamped like that if it was silver to leave the proof house I would of thought., you could try seeing if a magnet sticks to it, or scratching it somewhere not easily visible and seeing whats underneath

Archived