• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

What a pawnbroker offers for gold.

MickB

I took this photo today as I was surprised at what this pawnbroker was offering for a full sovereign, whilst I was walking by. The gold price average today is £970 an ounce and £31.18 per gram for 24 carat.

They were selling sovereigns at a reasonable price as it goes, although much cheaper elsewhere, especially on this forum.

As and when the gold price changes and I see one of these signs again I'll post them on here just for reference.

image.jpg

9 minutes ago, OlliesSilverBars said:

They're paying 73% spot, which I'd say for high street jewellers/pawnbroker is about right. Often these shops will have sovereigns up for silly money, more than bullionbypost! 

The dearest sovereign for sale was a young head Victoria at £300 and the rest were around £250

1 hour ago, zeusss4 said:

Just been on the website and it's actually 216 and 108 for a half. 

Sold 2 sovereigns last week to Atkinsons wanted quick sale paid me £451 for them 

2 minutes ago, dutchman said:

Sold 2 sovereigns last week to Atkinsons wanted quick sale paid me £451 for them 

98% of spot - great rate and good to hear. 

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

1 minute ago, BackyardBullion said:

98% of spot - great rate and good to hear. 

Thanks i watched the price rise as the pound dropped and then sold online  to them at the right time price has dropped a bit since then i think

On 05/06/2018 at 20:54, dutchman said:

Chards were giving 100% recently, not sure if they are now.

btw just saying, in case anyone would accuse me of a**e-licking.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

9 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

Thanks for that info i will check them out as i might be selling a few more soon

On 06/06/2018 at 23:16, dutchman said:

Thanks for that info i will check them out as i might be selling a few more soon

Out of curiosity - would you not consider selling on this forum ?
I am sure you would find several buyers keen to buy at this price.

On 06/06/2018 at 23:05, sovereignsteve said:

Offered me 90% of spot for a 1/4oz Proof Gold maple. COA but no box. Said would be difficult to shift.

6 hours ago, Amazing said:

Why would anyone ever sell their gold to a pawnbroker? It's such a scam.

I suspect that quite a few are not actually selling "their" gold at a pawnbroker.

New profile pic to support the current thing, because it's current year.

Archived