• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Looking for coin book for 2x2’s

Just now, JCRJM said:

I am the same here i thought i knew but i clearly dont. Are these ok?

image.jpg

image.jpg

made In china ……………………………. what do u think 

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

Cut the saflip into half then seal it 

I got one from eBay post from china for 2 pound , I forgot how much now 

611A19E8-AA17-4F4A-B6F6-19D4855CE8E9.jpeg

394F3D22-EFA0-4AD4-967F-660F6FBBE57A.jpeg

Just now, JCRJM said:

@fehk2001 i got these a little while ago. Are these the correct thing? When i bought them they had really strong smell and were all stuck together so i assumed pvc?

image.jpg

Yea these are pvc surely 

it’s soft 

non pvc are hard-er material 

Just now, JCRJM said:

Man I checked so much as well ?? these descriptions were lying. Well if anyone has any non-pvc flips that i could buy say about 100. Im happy to buy from one of you so i know for sure they arent pvc.

if u get 50 saflip 2x2 from morezone 

cut them into half and then seal it, u will create an  air tight storage for the coin as well 

BUT do not use vacuum machine gold coins with it because u may bend the thin gold coin 

for flips the link is above 

Is it worth trying to clean them somehow?  Do you think it's worth trying to reverse any potential damage from PVC ?  Sorry to harp on but I find it really exasperating that lots of presumably reputable/knowledgeable dealers sell coins in what are probably PVC holders.  I can put it down to experience but I'd like to limit any damage.

25 minutes ago, MickD said:

Is it worth trying to clean them somehow?  Do you think it's worth trying to reverse any potential damage from PVC ?  Sorry to harp on but I find it really exasperating that lots of presumably reputable/knowledgeable dealers sell coins in what are probably PVC holders.  I can put it down to experience but I'd like to limit any damage.

no one will encourage others to clean coins ? just in case you mess it up but two years I think will be just about fine , otherwise u can do as follows 

acetone 99.99 pure , soak them 1 minute ( u cannot reuse the acetone )  , horrible pvc with thick layers repeat the process / soak them overnight with a lid on 

then use a cotton bud roll on the coin like a roller  >>>>NOT<< rub if you rub it will be improper cleaning 

then use a blower to blow away the liquid , this way no liquid marks left on the coin surface similar to dyson hand dryer m they push water away 

hair dryer is not strong enough , lens blower is about right 

but I still think 2 years inside pvc is just about fine 

ps , if you do collect bunc coins E.G royal mint, even they are inside the folder they will have glue sticking on the coin after 5 years the coin will be cloudy because glue diffuse and release gas 

15 hours ago, fehk2001 said:

but I still think 2 years inside pvc is just about fine 

If the pvc contains acid, any contact with a coin should see a transfer of acid. It won't be contact for 2 years that will be the problem, that''ll be the time it takes for you to notice any degradation. For collectable coins, it might be worth a quick rinse in a very mild alkali, distilled water and then maybe acetone to dry them.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

13 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

If the pvc contains acid, any contact with a coin should see a transfer of acid. It won't be contact for 2 years that will be the problem, that''ll be the time it takes for you to notice any degradation. For collectable coins, it might be worth a quick rinse in a very mild alkali, distilled water and then maybe acetone to dry them.

Yes dad 

lets go and have a drink on Sunday 

2 hours ago, fehk2001 said:

Anyone find some good price  2x2 saflip ? I am running out 

or group orders if more are interested 

2.5x2.5 can ask Morezone for some 

I havent mate :( maybe a gap in the market here :)) i did order some of those ones from predecimal tho

14 minutes ago, JCRJM said:

I havent mate :( maybe a gap in the market here :)) i did order some of those ones from predecimal tho

predecimal are good value but a bit small about 4 pence each ? ( ordered 1000 last year  but also running out soon 

2x2 just enough for a crown but hard to heat seal them and about 15/17 pence each so after half them into half 7.5-8p each

2.5x2.5 similar cost , bought 200 flip for grading but just one grading I already used 65 ? of them 

if u continue your coin collecting journey probably u will need a lot of these anyway 

so my next purchase will be bulk maybe 2000 each 

Archived