• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Question : Great Britain 1/4 oz Silver Britannia SS Gairsoppa

JohnA

There was a quality control issue with the 2013 1/4 oz Britannia. My one looks as though it was hand stamped around the side as it had slightly distorted the coin.

3 hours ago, MickB said:

There was a quality control issue with the 2013 1/4 oz Britannia. My one looks as though it was hand stamped around the side as it had slightly distorted the coin.

Ok..the lettering is different between the years. The 2014 looks better, in these pictures anyway.

17 hours ago, JohnAnsink said:

Ok..the lettering is different between the years. The 2014 looks better, in these pictures anyway.

2013 was a difficult year for Britannia coins all around I think. Many have milk spotting. I'm pretty sure that was the transitional year from Britannia silver to .999 fine. And, yes, there was a special striking of shipwreck silver in 1/4 ounce coins for 2013 and 2014, but no other year or sizes.

Archived