• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Having a COA number 0001 silver set asking price difference

Mattsman54

I have the Westministers 2018 3 coin wedding set and the COA is 0001 of 1500. Anyone know the difference/markup in asking price from a COA of 0002-1500? Original price is 85 pounds and the series has sold out.  Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

The link is no longer working. The three coin set is no longer on sale through that website.

They managed to sell 1500 sets?

i find that hard to believe, but anyway.

The impression i get from members on this website about these 'Royal Wedding' offers is we don't like them. The Royal Mint will produce various celebratory coins - they rarely do well in the long run. They end up being sold for little over spot price.

A COA from the Westminster people is next to worthless - i could make up sets of something, put them in a fancy box and create COA's. This is what Westminster is doing.You might find a buyer who is impressed but you won't find the hard nosed crowd here impressed.

i may appear a bit harsh but that is the reality. Personally if i could off load the set at cost or even better a profit i would do and then reinvest in something that will appreciate.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

Totally agree with the above , first off let me say I don't know the set but knowing how Westminster operate  the coins in your set will not be a mintage of 1500  and would have undoubtedly been substantially cheaper to buy separately from other sources .  The 1500 as said only applies to the aftermarket box they have stuck them so adds no value to any serious collector.

At least with the COA no 1 you might be able to find a sucker on eBay to make your money back , if you can , take it and run.

They are very clever at what they do  , while what they advertise is true and not telling any lies , it's very misleading . They do countless different packagings of coins to make them appear rarer than what they actually are .

• 1 month later...

IMO  a COA should be like a scratch card,  unkown till scratched off, at the moment sellers have the option to just open all their boxes and can hold back or up the price a low COA. Check out below they are selling coins with individual COA,  the Perth and Royal mint at the absolute minimum should make the boxes tamper proof. 

http://talismancoins.com/products/65044-0004

• 6 months later...

Time will tell. is my input into this.

It might carry a premium down the line. As of now it seems not to. But somethings that have been unpopular suddenly become very popular. Hold onto that if you can or sell it if you have to. The choice is all yours. But it I had it, I would keep it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Founder & Administrator

Topic moved to silver section 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Archived