• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver bar or rounds? ?

SaltyCoinMan

Whilst the majority of my stack is in coins, I have only ever had "wow" moments with bars, particularly poured and cast bars. So I would have to say that all else being equal (i.e price mainly) I prefer bars. Some of my bars give me that feeling I used to get as a kid when I got a new toy car or something that I would take to bed with me and sleep with it next to me or under my pillow. Or that feeling you get when you see a cute baby and you kinda want to eat them.

That sounded alot weirder than I meant it too...

You are in the USA which obviously makes a big difference due to tax. Both bars and rounds are taxed in the EU whilst we can get low or no tax silver coins.

It depends on your likely exit. Rounds are small pieces of silver - usually 1oz. Many bars are more than 1oz. This means you would have to sell more than 1oz if you buy. bars. i have noticed good value bars have been selling well on the forum when they have gone up for sale. There seem to be a number of members who are buying into bars recently. Even the big bars of 100oz are selling albeit the prices meant they represented great value which is always a draw. 

The big bars are good value but they represent quite a lot of money. When the price of silver appreciates these big bars may become very highly priced which means they are harder to sell and you have to sell to dealers.

i would recommend both bars and rounds. Get what is a good buy when you see it - be an opportunist. i would look out for bars which have a vintage aspect to them. They may be a bit more money to buy but vintage bars always seem to do well and they are so much more interesting. The same with rounds. If you can get vintage rounds so much the better. Don't go paying a lot of premium but i think a collection of vintage pieces will add more interest and enjoyment as well as a good investment.

This is what i would do if i were in the USA - i would be rummaging around all the silver bins of the coin shops looking for treasure.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

Archived