• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today i sold

augur

13 hours ago, RoughDog said:

I am wondering what wrong stuff you bought?

Are you selling to free up money to buy cheaper stuff?

It was just a general observation as to why one might sell and an attempt at light hearted humour really. :)

I personally have recently sold some best value bullion pickups (half sovs) and put the money towards more collector orientated dates, ie jubilee heads and young heads. There is no grand plan to this particularly from an investment point of view, I have found that I enjoy being on the lookout for certain coins more than just "adding to the stack".  I have also found older coins more pleasurable to own.

So to answer your second question, I am freeing up money to buy more expensive stuff.

To think I laughed when the wise old sages on here said "slippery slope" :D

18 hours ago, TerryGriffiths said:

Sold a 2oz Perth Mint Lunar Horse for £33.04 on ebay.

After charges and postage, this represents about £3.20 profit.

Good job I was buying from Silver to Go when spot was around 9-10 pounds an oz a few years ago.

That sounds cheap for 2 oz.

This thread is definitely going to be educational and, for some people, sobering stuff.

It puts a more human face to the alternative: searching eBay Sold Listings and hoping it's not dealers buying off themselves to help hype things.

Thanks to all who contribute. Definitely following. 

Sold some bullion back to goldsilver.be

2016 sovereign for €258

tube of 2016 silver maple leafs for €14.86 each

(sale based off of spot prices from last week when we mailed back and forth)

All in all a very smooth transaction and great communication (in stark contrast with some other people’s experience with gs.be). For regular bullion sales I’m definitely going to do this again.

Last Thursday I sent off the 1/20th Gold Lunar 1 set I had for sale on here to a dealer in Germany which was delivered late yesterday and receipt confirmed this morning.  I know I could have got a little more going to another dealer but thought I'd just keep it as credit for my next purchase with this dealer rather than have the payment sent to me and then back out again at a later date.  Ended up £40 better off which I knew would be the case before hand since I'd priced it up for sale here at less than the dealer buy back price.  I gave them the wooden box too but maybe I should have just kept it and sold it on eBay or something.  Probably could have got £10 for it.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I am noticing more interest in numismatic coins. I was trying to sell some surplus WW I coins for which I had acquired higher grades; I couldn't move them for probably a year but now suddenly within a week two went despite pricing in the higher spot price. Profit for sovereign-sized 20 Mark/Korona £70-£100 (£1 seller fees)

Archived