• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Slabbed silver

EatSleepSilverRepeat

Hello I’m new to forum and love silver a couple of years ago I brought two slabbed 1oz silver coins graded at pf70 or ms 70 one of the two (sorry new to all this) I payed alot of money for these coins well over £100 for both, going back to my stack to have a look both these coins look in poor condition, is it worth buying these coins slabbed, maybe gold but not silver as in time won’t all silver coins have toning or some changes which makes them a lot less desirable than the original price payed????

kind regards 

Hey, welcome on board its an awesome place to be in. I cant really help with your post but I am sure there will be someone who will provide you with the relevant information you need. I just wanted to say thats a cool forum name :D

1 hour ago, EatSleepSilverRepeat said:

Hello I’m new to forum and love silver a couple of years ago I brought two slabbed 1oz silver coins graded at pf70 or ms 70 one of the two (sorry new to all this) I payed alot of money for these coins well over £100 for both, going back to my stack to have a look both these coins look in poor condition, is it worth buying these coins slabbed, maybe gold but not silver as in time won’t all silver coins have toning or some changes which makes them a lot less desirable than the original price payed????

kind regards 

Can you post pics? Sometimes toning doesn’t affect the price but @Numistacker is the authority IMHO

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

3 hours ago, ilovesilverireallydo said:

Can you post pics? Sometimes toning doesn’t affect the price but @Numistacker is the authority IMHO

Sorry but have not got with me atm.

so even if there is toning it’s still rated a perfect coin?

just seems a lot of money, at the time looks nice but then no so shiney and mint ?

not convinced these carry heavy premium

thanks for your reply ?

2 hours ago, KevinG said:

Toning does not affect the grade of the coin however milk spotting does.

Do you bother with graded coins?

1 hour ago, EatSleepSilverRepeat said:

Sorry but have not got with me atm.

so even if there is toning it’s still rated a perfect coin?

just seems a lot of money, at the time looks nice but then no so shiney and mint ?

not convinced these carry heavy premium

thanks for your reply ?

Do you bother with graded coins?

Toning is sometimes preferable to collectors. Milk spots are white spots or sometimes milky hazing seen on coins and that is NOT desirable. Are these modern coins or older? Also, pictures would be best for assistance in terms of value and condition.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived