• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Kinesis Gold and Silver currency

Interesting. Going all in is very brave. I don't really know what to make of that. I'm in deeper than I thought I would be, but still only because it won't affect the standard of my current lifestyle if it didn't work out. 

I have full confidence it will work because it seems like the next logical step and it's a well put together concept. Very brave indeed.

Edited by Groundup

Well many business owners go all in on their project. It also depends on how sure you are about the venture. Anything other than all in might be 'foolish' if it were a certainty.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

3 hours ago, Groundup said:

@sixgun what is your take on the utility token Vs security token with regards to Kinesis. I know KVT are currently a utility token. 

KVT are securities by any normal definition - they are designed as an investment and provide a share in revenue.  I dont know what contrivance would make it qualify as a utility.  KAU/KAG etc would be utility tokens.  Actually, thats not entirely clear as they too attract a revenue from holding.  I dont think it matters, its only relevant to US investors or few other nations where local laws restrict investment around securities.  There's a bit of an obsession about this in crypto world as it may affect the trade of some tokens for US citizens or US exchanges, though as KVT won't be freely tradable its a moot point.

2 hours ago, Martlet said:

KVT are securities by any normal definition - they are designed as an investment and provide a share in revenue.  I dont know what contrivance would make it qualify as a utility.  KAU/KAG etc would be utility tokens.  Actually, thats not entirely clear as they too attract a revenue from holding.  I dont think it matters, its only relevant to US investors or few other nations where local laws restrict investment around securities.  There's a bit of an obsession about this in crypto world as it may affect the trade of some tokens for US citizens or US exchanges, though as KVT won't be freely tradable its a moot point.

Fair enough.

There seems to be a view that securities are the way forward a few big exchanges are gearing up in this area. Don't get me wrong I'm no expert in this field but it does seem like utility tokens have had there day but as you say it's a moot point.

Thanks for replying I'm off to look more into this area it seems like this space will have a big impact in the crypto arena.

Edited by Groundup

KVT's are a crowd funding exercise. As Martlett says it does not matter as far as UK investors are concerned whether they are security or utility.

Kinesis will not take applications from US citizens who are not accredited investors. i believe there is some fine print details, ' contrivances,' whereby the token has been classified as it has. Much of the subsequent KVT's sold will likely be going to institutional investors. The large Chinese investor i mentioned that came forward at St Moritz is still on the scene - there are others on the scene. There are synergistic deals being done which are being kept within the company so i can't say what is actually going on but Tom was hinting at these a couple of days ago.

As this goes forward the KVT's will slip into the background - those who bought them will be laughing all the way to the Kinesis bank, paid in KAU's and KAG's.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

Rengen Labs, a major platform for token offerings with 45 000 registered investors has included Kinesis in their offerings. Kinesis has raised over $50 million to date with 2 months to run in the ITO which dwarfs the $18.6 million average for Initial Token Offerings.

http://www.newschannel6now.com/story/39082239/rengen-labs-to-host-ito-for-gold-based-monetary-system-kinesis-money-after-50-million-raised

https://www.rengenlabs.com/offerings/kinesis

Also the ITO has been picked up by hacked.com so it is gathering momentum now.

https://hacked.com/ico-analysis-kinesis-velocity-token/

Edited by sixgun

Another interview - the crypto space is getting more interested in Kinesis

https://badcryptopodcast.com/2018/09/13/crypto-spotlight-46/

Yes they have unleashed the PR machine - another interview with Ivan on Tech with 187k subs on youtube

Another slick video promoting Kinesis

36 minutes ago, Mildred said:

I really appreciate the K-newsletter, lot of substantial infos.

newsletter1.jpg.542d96f8f6a2462848f23462fc755ed1.jpg

newsletter2.jpg.812ff0f458a10de0fa4304fdcd8b6deb.jpg

TF Metals audio

https://media.tfmetalsreport.com/audio/07KinesisSep18.mp3

"We've got our cross hairs on London. This is no mucking around now....we're going in with much bigger fire power than the London market even has.."

Edited by sixgun

8 hours ago, Martlet said:

What do we think about the fact there are only ~400 holders?   

Tom originally wanted the KVT be distributed to the people first.

The KVT will be sold at some point. It's just a matter of time.

I've got my stake and that's the most important thing to me at this point.

Edited by Groundup

On 21/09/2018 at 00:20, Martlet said:

What do we think about the fact there are only ~400 holders?   

This is an issue we have discussed at some length on the Ambassadors Telegram thread. We heard from Andrew Maguire on the latest TF Metals interview that all the KVT's could have been sold to institutions in the first month but they have been held at bay to allow the ordinary guy to get a look in. From other snippets and comments this coincides and i expect this is true. The account Andrew Maguire gave earlier this year was an offer to buy all the original 100 000 was made at the St Moritz cryptocurrency conference. Tom Coughlin didn't want to sell a large number at the bigger discounts - the first discount was 25%. This 100 000 KVT's has not appeared in the sales to date.

So what do i make of all this? i do expect all the KVT's could have been sold in the first month. The yield is very generous. My impression is it was 100 000 KVT's on offer in the beginning - i got this before St Moritz and then it went to 300 000 afterwards. The basic concept is fairly straight forwards and even if it did not do as well as they project, getting your initial investment back from a system of digitising title of ownership over precious metal in an established international bullion vaulting system is not a tall order. It is a safer bet compare with the vast majority of cryptos out there. i expect Kinesis to sell off the remainder at the end of the public sale, or at least sell off what they see fit to sell off.

So why have so few people taken the plunge?

The cost of one KVT - now $1000 is a lot compared with nearly all, if not all token offerings. On the stock market it would be a lot to pay for a share in a company launching. It may be too rich - too big a gamble in the minds of those who might have gone for say $10 a token. Do i think it was a mistake to set the price so high? i didn't think about it when i started buying at $750 a go - i have bought at $1000 - i have bought all the way through the price range. On reflection i think the entry price of $1000 per KVT is too much and this will have put many off. Those who might naturally be interested in Kinesis will likely start to get interested when the coins start and would not naturally be interested in KVT's. The problem then is without a KVT you cannot mint coins until next March when the system go fully online. i think the price of the KVT should have been lower and this would have encouraged more to dip their toe and more could then have got involved in the pre-ico which starts in November. i don't anticipate there won't be lots of coins on the March 2019 launch - i expect there will be a huge amount on offer (from institutions and miners) but there won't be many little guys there at the start.

Edited by sixgun

Kinesis will be taking physical delivery. Kinesis coins will be title of ownership of audited, vaulted gold and silver. Collectively we will break the paper system.

Another significant step forwards for Kinesis

SEC-Regulated Hyperion Exchange Signs MOU to List Bullion-backed Kinesis Money Stable Coin

https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/sec-regulated-hyperion-exchange-signs-mou-to-list-bullion-backed-kinesis-money-stable-coin-1027570604

Hyperion is a respected exchange in the crypto and security token space. It is SEC regulated - important for US investors. KVT's, KAU and KAG are to be listed.

MOU by the way is a memorandum of understanding, a type of agreement between two or more parties expresses a convergence of will between the parties and an intended common course of action.

Edited by sixgun