• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

20 Franc Coins Of The LMU

42 minutes ago, NRSovereign said:

Best picture I can get from the seller 

DDBD4B8C-6BE3-470F-9FE6-07A7BBCFB7E3.png

The obverse is usually more susceptible to scratches but if it is in the same good condition and you like the design you got yourself a good deal. 

Mind you other LMU coins carry far less of a premium 

24 minutes ago, augur said:

The obverse is usually more susceptible to scratches but if it is in the same good condition and you like the design you got yourself a good deal. 

Mind you other LMU coins carry far less of a premium 

Yes need it for my lmu collection so has to be done but to me it seems ok so when I look I may take the plunge I guess need some new shine in my life! Haha

On 04/12/2019 at 20:10, NRSovereign said:

Hi guys I need your help/advice local to me a person is selling a 20 zlotych (polish lmu)for £330 do you think this is a fair price?

thanks in advance

Thats a very good price. I have had 3 of them, 2 I have sold at about 500-550 Euros, if the condition is good (this type should always be uncirculated), its very cheap 

On 04/12/2019 at 19:10, NRSovereign said:

Hi guys I need your help/advice local to me a person is selling a 20 zlotych (polish lmu)for £330 do you think this is a fair price?

thanks in advance

that is a good price.  I’d grab it if your interested in the lmu coins.  

1 hour ago, Toshunya86 said:

I would like to ask all the participants of this topic if we could rename the title of this thread - into LMU coins or something similar. What do you all think ? I m wishing to hear opinions before to submit the idea to the moderators.

No problem from me, it’s not the first time this thread has been renamed, a gradual evolution is a good thing me thinks.

👍. However, out of courtesy, it might be worth asking the original thread creator to agree to the change...I’m sure he won’t mind.

4 hours ago, Toshunya86 said:

I would like to ask all the participants of this topic if we could rename the title of this thread - into LMU coins or something similar. What do you all think ? I m wishing to hear opinions before to submit the idea to the moderators.

I think 20 franc coins of the LMU would be a good change.  

3 hours ago, Kookaburracollector said:

Coins of the LMU would be fine [...] Let’s ask @augur...he’s usually got his finger on the pulse of public opinion!

I might have my finger on the bidding button 😂 and maybe checking my own pulse whilst at it

In the end it is @Cornishfarmer‘s thread and it has made quite a transformation since its humble beginnings: more and more forum members have outed themselves as collectors of coins of the Union Latine and more specifically its convention on the 20 Franc and the associated and derived gold coins. 

@Kookaburracollector I believe you have a date run on Géniè and Marianne, @whuamai has quite a bit of everything and I got a few Bolivares. We could also start a little 20 Franc convention wiki thread. Maybe we should open a poll thread?

I have ordered Napoleon Bonaparte 20 lire, 20 dinara 1925, the other more common 20 dinara, 20 francs Hungary, 20 francs Cérès and 20 franc Papal States.  Most should be delivered today apart form the 20 dinara 1925 as that’s a birthday present from the other half so I have to wait until nxt week for that one 😃.  

Edited by Lea79

Received a nice 1912 20B with struck through material imprint. Struck through grease (e.g. blocked up letters in the legend) seem quite common but does anybody have another struck through piece from the Monnaie de Paris?

483CD149-43B7-4A35-BBF1-544F985B128D.thumb.jpeg.f91b566b382bb1cd21a1bd9fcdbb4877.jpeg

F524C900-8E2E-4FD6-8184-A0C489E7B92E.thumb.jpeg.6a26866980acac091452c40a7d383c0f.jpeg

In hand under the loupe you can even make out the threading of the piece of string but on the pictures only the fibres are visible. 

On 13/12/2019 at 11:38, Lea79 said:

Delivery guys been 😃.  Gotta love a bit of dirt left on coins from circulation.  Here’s the 20 dinara, 20 lire nepoleon and 20 lire Papal States. 

1B3E8710-5201-4F4B-B3CB-3556613E8304.jpeg

676BBF3E-6C1C-4015-ACEA-6DCF3E3100B2.jpeg

EC46D0C9-06D0-477F-8E04-90ED6F1D9D82.jpeg

4C01DE8D-D4AB-4CFD-851C-580F0DC0BFFD.jpeg

F2D49CA7-F99D-4C73-931F-0403B13C97BA.jpeg

CC30C190-1C81-46B2-B516-4DEB370D0667.jpeg

There are in fact 3 Dinara with LMU specs.
Two 20 Dinara from the Kingdom of Serbia. 1879 & 1882.

1879 depicts Milan Obrenovich IV and 1882 depicts Milan 1 .  The third one , often classified as Yugoslavia , is actually the 20 dinara 1925 - belonging to the "Kingdom of the Slovenians , Serbs & Croats" which was somewhat the ancestor of Yugoslavia.

PS : The Napoleon 1810 - is technically not part of the LMU - although it has the right format , as the LMU was existing from 1865 to 1927 

great coins nevertheless and congrats for snatching them !

Edited by Toshunya86