• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

20 Franc Coins Of The LMU

Thanks @daca. I must have missed the one for sale right under my nose! 

A windfall aside, I’m not in the market for this coin right now- just putting together a list of coins to aspire to in the future.

I’ve already started to run short of cash in my imaginary £1 million pound  lottery win...☹️

38 minutes ago, richatthecroft said:

Evening @augur or anyone- I’m Interested on your take of this coin- 16,000 mintage and a beautiful coin- well, the Reverse at least! 

This example is currently on eBay- AU58 at over US $6000- What price range would you expect this coin to be in? 

F8AD34F7-C762-44D6-B613-8857B291F898.jpeg.9f7ef350f692faa2a27c8bde3fc05f54.jpeg

95704115-9A38-4378-BE70-BD61105E36B6.jpeg.e11d0c903ecd146f182770bd414fe2d3.jpeg

Probably the right price give or take £500. Suspect it’s in the lower range as spots higher than when I last looked at these. 

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

43 minutes ago, richatthecroft said:

This example is currently on eBay- AU58 at over US $6000- What price range would you expect this coin to be in? 

F8AD34F7-C762-44D6-B613-8857B291F898.jpeg.9f7ef350f692faa2a27c8bde3fc05f54.jpeg

Since this is not the proof but the circulation 100 Corona piece, you should try to pay $4,000-£4,000 for it.

14 minutes ago, SilverTanner said:

Very nice, now you need to complete date runs!!

Haha I imagine a complete date run on any coin is hard to achieve. I couldn’t collect the same coin over and over.  A bit of variety is the spice of so they say 😉.

Just now, Lea79 said:

Haha I imagine a complete date run on any coin is hard to achieve. I couldn’t collect the same coin over and over.  A bit of variety is the spice of so they say 😉.

You got a list of which you have and what you missing?

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

I have;

• AN12 20 franc napoleon Bonaparte 
  • AN13 20 franc Napoleon Bonaparte 
  • 1841 20 franc Louis Philippe I 
  • 20 franc Louis nepolian 1852.  
  • 20 fr angel.  
  • 20 fr rooster.  
  • 20 fr Louis xv111.  
  • 20 Tunisian francs 
  • 20 francs Albert Belgium 
  • 20 Italian lire Umberto 
  • 20 lire Vittorio 
  • 20 franc Helvetica 
  • 20 drachma 
  • 20 franc Monaco 
  • 20 bolveres venensuala 
  • 20 franc Cérès head
  • 20 lire Papal States
  • 20 lire napoleon 
  • 20 dinara Serbia
  • 20 dinara Yugoslavia 
  • 20 franc Hungary
  • 20 zlotych Poland 
  • 20 franga skander burg x 2
  • 20 franc austria
  • 20 franc Belgium Leopold 11

What I want is a lot 😃;

• 20 Swiss franc Helvetia 
  • 20 franc Napoleon Bonaparte emperor  
  • 20 franc nepoleon III Empereur 
  • 20 franc nepoleon III wreath 
  • 20 franc leopold I Belgium 
  • 20 franc Tunisia Ali bey
  • 20 franken Franz Josef II
  • 20 franc Albert French txt

Semi numi

• 20 peseta child 
  • 20 peseta baby
  • 20 francs Charles x 
  • 20 lire Carlo Felice 
  • 20 lei
  • 20 drachma 1876
  • 20 dinara Milan 

Premium

• 20 markkaa 
  • 20 franka Albania zogu
  • 20 perpera
  • 20 leva
  • 20 Lire Murat 
  • 20 lire Lombardy 
  • 20 lire Maria Parma
  • 20 Lire - Vittorio Emanuele I 1816 1820
  • 20 lire Carlo Alberto 
  • 20 Lire - Vittorio Emanuele I 1821
  • 20 lire Venice 1848
  • 20 franc republic of piedmont
  • 20 franken WESTPHALIA
  • 20 Lire  Vittorio Emanuele III Johnson paternal strike careful as are some gold plated.
  • 20 Lire Vittorio Emanuele III
  • 20 Lire - Vittorio Emanuele III fascism anniversary 

On 10/03/2020 at 15:20, Lea79 said:

What I want is a lot 😃;

• 20 Swiss franc Helvetia 
  • 20 franc Napoleon Bonaparte emperor  
  • 20 franc nepoleon III Empereur 
  • 20 franc nepoleon III wreath 
  • 20 franc leopold I Belgium 
  • 20 franc Tunisia Ali bey
  • 20 franken Franz Josef II
  • 20 franc Albert French txt

Semi numi

• 20 peseta child 
  • 20 peseta baby
  • 20 francs Charles x 
  • 20 lire Carlo Felice 
  • 20 lei
  • 20 drachma 1876
  • 20 dinara Milan 

Premium

• 20 markkaa 
  • 20 franka Albania zogu
  • 20 perpera
  • 20 leva
  • 20 Lire Murat 
  • 20 lire Lombardy 
  • 20 lire Maria Parma
  • 20 Lire - Vittorio Emanuele I 1816 1820
  • 20 lire Carlo Alberto 
  • 20 Lire - Vittorio Emanuele I 1821
  • 20 lire Venice 1848
  • 20 franc republic of piedmont
  • 20 franken WESTPHALIA
  • 20 Lire  Vittorio Emanuele III Johnson paternal strike careful as are some gold plated.
  • 20 Lire Vittorio Emanuele III
  • 20 Lire - Vittorio Emanuele III fascism anniversary 

Hey, nice whishlist. The ones from "what I want alot" seem easy to get. The 20 perpera and the 20 francs piedmont dont have lmu specs btw. The 20 Lire Carlo Alberto of of the premium section isn't as expensive as the carlo felice  from thesemi numi, except exceptional conditions , dates etc ofc.

Edited by whuamai

11 minutes ago, Lea79 said:

I thought the 20 perpera was LMU spec.... oh well one less to have to buy and it looks like I got my Carlos wrong 😃

Unfortunately not. The size is the same (21mm) as well as the composition (.900), but it weights a little bit more - 6.78g. The same as Austro-Hungarian Corona coins from the same time period.

https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces73816.html

• 3 weeks later...

Here are my LMU gold other than 20 francs

5 francs

1863 5  Napoleon III 

10 francs

1859 Napoleon III (without laurel)

1867 Napoleon III (with laurel)

1863 Italian 10 lire

1911 rooster

1946 Lichtenstein

40 francs

L' AN 12 Napoleon (pre- emperor)

I've just won this coin , but im not sure weather the seller could ship to my country due to the current situation.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Milan-obrenovich-IV-10-serbia-dinara-1882-v-vienna-/283821343177?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=IuQ69OYGFCRZYKWnouZTvWHptrs%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc

20200404_043520.jpg

20200404_043451.jpg

20200404_040846.jpg

20200404_040907.jpg

20200404_042849.jpg

3 hours ago, Choi said:

Wow that's a shady looking holder for that coin. Got "Obrenović" and "Vienna" spelled wrong, and what's up with the font and icons... Looks like a 11-yo school project. The seller seems legit though from the volume of feedback, hope it goes well for you.

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by mezmer1411
A comma

4 hours ago, mezmer1411 said:

Wow that's a shady looking holder for that coin. Got "Obrenović" and "Vienna" spelled wrong, and what's up with the font and icons... Looks like a 11-yo school project. The seller seems legit though from the volume of feedback, hope it goes well for you.

s-l1600.jpg

Oh, I haven't noticed on the error because I'm not interested at all kinds of slabs including NGC & PCGS.   Thank you for pointing out.  I've bought many cheaper coins from this guy, and everything was problem free so far.

You guys really are bug*ers.  

I have avoided reading this thread since it was created, and have just read it and *have* to have a significant number of these beautiful coins.  

Nice photos!

Best

Dicker

Edited by dicker

Not my circus, not my monkeys

23 minutes ago, dicker said:

You guys really are bug*ers.  

I have avoided reading this thread since it was created, and have just read it and *have* to have a significant number of these beautiful coins.  

Nice photos!

Best

Dicker

Lol I was the same. Picked up a fair few along the way, thankfully when spot was lower. 

I bought this beautiful Marianne Rooster restrike from @ChardsCoinandBullionDealer to serve as my “lucky coin” during the coronavirus pandemic. The Marianne bust on the obverse was designed by Jules-Clément Chaplain, a French sculptor, who was one of France’s finest medalists. With Louis-Oscar Roty he helped found the Art Nouveau movement. 

8 hours ago, mezmer1411 said:

s-l1600.jpg

This dealer does his own ‘grading’ and ‘certification’ and for some reason always sets the focus plane on the label. I am sure @Choi bought the coin based on the images of the coin outside the holder which are in focus.

Consider these holders as sales packaging; the motto “buy the coin, not the holder” has never been so true as with this specific french dealer. 

1 minute ago, augur said:

This dealer does his own ‘grading’ and ‘certification’ and for some reason always sets the focus plane on the label. I am sure @Choi bought the coin based on the images of the coin outside the holder which are in focus.

Consider these holders as sales packaging; the motto “buy the coin, not the holder” has never been so true as with this specific french dealer. 

To add to this, most Parisian dealers who sell graded coins, will sell with the same kind of holder. 

15 hours ago, mezmer1411 said:

s-l1600.jpg

The shop is registered in the street in Paris with all the serious dealers. I would trust him but I agree that the header looks pretty bad with the mistakes !