• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

    Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

  • Join The Silver Forum

    The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsors topics (hidden to guests) for deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking. 

zugman

any help with this new site?

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

@zugman very quite all of a sudden? A lot to take in? 

Does airhead.com make as much sense now?

I just read it and got bored 3/4 of the way through the only person making a buck is the guy who made the site or platform... I just think if you wanna get rich (my opinion) is work hard play later and invest in pms holding it physically in your hands you know it's there and it's going nowhere until you decide to sell...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jordie said:

I just read it and got bored 3/4 of the way through the only person making a buck is the guy who made the site or platform... I just think if you wanna get rich (my opinion) is work hard play later and invest in pms holding it physically in your hands you know it's there and it's going nowhere until you decide to sell...

That site is a bunch of bullcrap which is why I (normally I sit on the fence and don't comment on potentially controversial topics) decided to go whole hog on this scammer site...

@zugman to say you read it and it made sense to you as a viable investment is just idiotic. Enjoy losing money if you are real...otherwise take your scam elsewhere please

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

That site is a bunch of bullcrap which is why I (normally I sit on the fence and don't comment on potentially controversial topics) decided to go whole hog on this scammer site...

@zugman to say you read it and it made sense to you as a viable investment is just idiotic. Enjoy losing money if you are real...otherwise take your scam elsewhere please

Amen!..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes I do indeed. I am happy to be proven wrong but I just cannot see crypto as anything else other than a fiat currency with 0 regulation and a huge hype and bubble around it.

Buying PM's with bitcoin would be the best way to spend your bitcoins at the moment - no reliance on cashing out via regular bit coin transactions which I have read can take days or weeks sometimes and that is just with regular traffic.

Imagine what happens when the rush hits. People will not be able to get their money out and when they finally do the value of their bitcoins will be tiny.

Also, ask yourself why would someone who processes transactions which devalues the currency they get paid in has any incentive to process the transactions?

@BackyardBullion I believe that the bitcoin/crypto thing is a inside job it does not sit right at all with me, it could be there for the sole purpose of where the masses put there fiat In the event of a collapse. I just don't know what's going on.

Ponzi scheme  seems an  accurate description.

There was a Guy on here who made some good return on crypto's then cashed out into PM's so its possible to be a life changing venture. The thing is will the majority be winners or losers. 

As for this OP's thread, it has already been done by bigger players so if this sort of enterprise is your thing then play safer and go with the big boys and girls. 

As for me i wouldn't touch it with yours.?

Ps I want to emulate the Guy who cashed out and made big?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was spam

"Okay, i have been investing in silver and gold for over 20 years now.

Hoping for one day that silver and gold prices would rocket to the moon."

I mean if you were buying oz of gold for £200ish for 7 years between 1997-2004 it's not turned out so bad has it lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kman said:

It was spam

"Okay, i have been investing in silver and gold for over 20 years now.

Hoping for one day that silver and gold prices would rocket to the moon."

I mean if you were buying oz of gold for £200ish for 7 years between 1997-2004 it's not turned out so bad has it lol 

Undoubtedly a scam for sure ?

Just trying to be as politically correct as possible when calling out a Ponzi scammer ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Markh said:

Also, ask yourself why would someone who processes transactions which devalues the currency they get paid in has any incentive to process the transactions?

But that's like saying would Blockbuster switch to streaming online, they didn't, they should have, they got left behind

Industries move sometimes 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BackyardBullion said:

Undoubtedly a scam for sure ?

Just trying to be as politically correct as possible when calling out a Ponzi scammer ?

I would guess OP is someone hired to do "SEO" or "marketing" and spam links rather than the site owner but could be wrong 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kman said:

I would guess OP is someone hired to do "SEO" or "marketing" and spam links rather than the site owner but could be wrong 

Could be, in which case this thread with a few hundred views and lots of comments will probably help their cause...

Whoops!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm see I'm behind btc and other alt coins. people keep saying it's not regulated etc but that's the point of it. It's not meant to be a controlled currency it's meant to be the people taking back control.

criminals use money for crime drugs war terrorism etc and no one bats an eye lid. People use btc for it a new currency that the people control and banks have no control over it at all and its in the press and everyone kicks up a fuss. Sometimes it's nice to have control.

thats my two cents any ways. By no means am I a crypto expert but from the research I've done that's what I've come to the conclusion of so I'll keep investing in both pm and crypto 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Rhyseyson said:

Hmm see I'm behind btc and other alt coins. people keep saying it's not regulated etc but that's the point of it. It's not meant to be a controlled currency it's meant to be the people taking back control.

criminals use money for crime drugs war terrorism etc and no one bats an eye lid. People use btc for it a new currency that the people control and banks have no control over it at all and its in the press and everyone kicks up a fuss. Sometimes it's nice to have control.

thats my two cents any ways. By no means am I a crypto expert but from the research I've done that's what I've come to the conclusion of so I'll keep investing in both pm and crypto 

Some good points in there and as I have said in previous comments I don't have a problem with anybody who is currently investing in and making money with cryptos - it is just not for me.

But the biggest problems I have is the ponzi scammers and new cryptos that offer 1000% returns.

I always say, if it seems too good to be true, it probably is.

Having said that, if I am proved wrong then happy days - but I will not lose sleep in it. 

I don't live with regrets - life is hard enough as it is!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My son invested in bitcoin back in the day when they were only about $70-100 USD He ended up with 29 bitcoins. He held on to them for years, however, the company in Japan who had the coins was hacked and thousands of coins were stolen, his included, the fact Bitcoin is unregulated and uninsured meant he lost everything penny, don't be fooled into thinking unregulated means  it's under your control when clearly it's not, hundreds of £millions have been stolen as a result of hacking... of course, they don't want you to know that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At least with PM's you can store them at home or in a bank in a safe. If someone wants to steal them they have to come find them, break in and open your safe. With cryptos a 14 year old Chinese hacker can get your coins from the comfort of his own home. 

Possession is nine tenths of the law and all!

Not to mention - computer dies = big problem if you haven't backed up your codes for your coins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Possession is nine tenths of the law 

I wouldn't trust a bank with my PM's.

a bullion vaulting company yes. 

Maybe in an PM friendly country. Singapore, Hong Kong. ect.

Banks have been withdrawing there vaulting business for a number of years now.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Xander said:

My son invested in bitcoin back in the day when they were only about $70-100 USD He ended up with 29 bitcoins. He held on to them for years, however, the company in Japan who had the coins was hacked and thousands of coins were stolen, his included, the fact Bitcoin is unregulated and uninsured meant he lost everything penny, don't be fooled into thinking unregulated means  it's under your control when clearly it's not, hundreds of £millions have been stolen as a result of hacking... of course, they don't want you to know that.

I think it comes as standard advice nowadays that if you leave your bitcoin on an exchange, they're at risk not being fully under your control

The freedom of being your own bank also comes the responsibility that you're the security too

 

Edited by Kman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Kman said:

I think it comes as standard advice nowadays that if you leave your bitcoin on an exchange, they're at risk not being fully under your control

The freedom of being your own bank also comes the responsibility that you're the security too

 

Its the uninsured part I dot like, at least if your money gets stolen from the bank its insured. 

There is a court case pending with the company my son was using, they still have a few thousand bitcoins left. At today's value, if the company sold them the investors who lost their coins would be able to recoup their money at the value of the coins when they were stolen, time will tell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah the hacking is well known as far as I'm aware. Never heard of a wallet being hacked? However can't say I've researched into that too much so happy to be proved wrong.

i think in this day an age nothing's safe from being hacked. Even normal fiat currency isn't it something ridiculous like 3% of physical cash is all that's actually held? (Don't quote me on the figures).

yes pms have to be traced, safes broken into and stolen so I guess they are hacker proof. But the conspiricist inside me thinks why is everyone making such a big deal out of crypto being hack able, criminal, unregulated etc is there a bigger picture and the government and central banks I.e. Rothschilds wanting to stop it or hide something ? Could also swap it and say why is there not such a big deal about pm's does no one want us to preserve our wealth for a shtf. Also very unlikely any time soon.

Probably crap but it intrigues me and whilst I haven't invested thousands I see potential so have dipped my toes in the water. Won't be buying a house with my returns but got a nice deposit on a car sorted or a big holiday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When the bubble bursts, everyone that loses big time is going to be crying that there wasn't enough/any regulation.  Hands up all that would be happy if their pension fund managers were allowed to invest said funds into crypto unregulated......

Edited by reidpj

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Rhyseyson said:

Hmm see I'm behind btc and other alt coins. people keep saying it's not regulated etc but that's the point of it. It's not meant to be a controlled currency it's meant to be the people taking back control.

That is indeed the original objective and is happening to an extent.  However the problem with no regulation is that an lot of people are selling an awful lot of promises, to people who dont understand any of it, which they're unlikely to deliver.  Some will, some wont, some have good intention, some are scams.    The site noted looks in the wont deliver/scammy corner of the matrix.  Regulation is also a means to protect people from scams and themselves, as much as control.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rhyseyson said:

Yeah the hacking is well known as far as I'm aware. Never heard of a wallet being hacked? However can't say I've researched into that too much so happy to be proved wrong.

i think in this day an age nothing's safe from being hacked. Even normal fiat currency isn't it something ridiculous like 3% of physical cash is all that's actually held? (Don't quote me on the figures).

yes pms have to be traced, safes broken into and stolen so I guess they are hacker proof. But the conspiricist inside me thinks why is everyone making such a big deal out of crypto being hack able, criminal, unregulated etc is there a bigger picture and the government and central banks I.e. Rothschilds wanting to stop it or hide something ? Could also swap it and say why is there not such a big deal about pm's does no one want us to preserve our wealth for a shtf. Also very unlikely any time soon.

Probably crap but it intrigues me and whilst I haven't invested thousands I see potential so have dipped my toes in the water. Won't be buying a house with my returns but got a nice deposit on a car sorted or a big holiday.

I watched a documentary on the Rothschilds on youtube last night. The property they own is unreal ? I try not to be into conspiracys but i do believe the richest in the world are not on the oublic lists.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't be surprised if the ones who hold the most will swap their Bitcoins for precious metals and then Bitcoin crashes once they take ownership of their metal. I'm dubious about these crypto currencies but wouldn't have minded being in the know about them in the early days. Hindsight is a wonderful thing :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.