• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

A milestone 500 t oz

ifing

After joining the PM market, and the forums discussing it. I have started to buy more bullion/bars, semi-numismatic coins, but still have main focus in the numismatic area.I have redone my spreadsheet for my coin collection to also show the PM content in the coins.

This month I have reach and past 500 troy ounce of silver, more exactly 539t oz.

Wonder if that makes me more a stacker then a collector now?

I have no easy way to see the total of each silver finesse. I think I would need to make a whole new spreadsheet to sort that out. There are from crappy un peso coins with .100 to jubilium coins with .999 in.

36 minutes ago, seXes said:

I have no easy way to see the total of each silver finesse. I think I would need to make a whole new spreadsheet to sort that out. There are from crappy un peso coins with .100 to jubilium coins with .999 in.

Yes this is a decent weight of silver. Well done. 

i have an Excel file for my coins. i colour code different types so i can see at a glance what is junk silver, bars, coins etc. The software works out the running total of silver weight with each addition. i would have no idea how much i had without this file, i ran out of fingers and toes to count some time ago. 

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

Congratulations mate. I think we are sitting Almost identical for weight but sure you will have more Numis in your stack. Think I have 1 proof. Have been eyeing up a roll of anniversary Brits for months now so may leap frog you very soon? Keep on stacking mate, there is little real cash in your country I understand! 

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

38 minutes ago, Stu said:

... Keep on stacking mate, there is little real cash in your country I understand! 

Yes, the big crowd is running towards the cliffs in full speed :(

3 minutes ago, Sal said:

I clicked on the link hoping to find a new issue 500 ounce silver coin. Disappointed

Ahh so you stacking the 500t oz coin series do you ;)

15 minutes ago, Keithoil said:

Hi 

Congratulations on the milestone keep on stacking.

Blast from the past. Welcome back mate , what you been up to? I had just started stacking when u were last posting

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

6 hours ago, shortstack said:

Wow 500 oz 

huge congrats 

that inspires me just starting out with my 7 whole oz's ? But we all started with nothing right 

out of interest how do you store your stack ? And got to ask what's your favourite piece ?

Well I surprised myself, with how much I really had. But most of the coins I did not buy because they contained silver. REAL money contained PM back in the days.

With that we come in to your other question, my favourite. That is not a simple question. I have so many, I really love coins with shields. I sign of power, glory, lost struggles.

But I also love corcs/alligators, and there I have many lovely coins. Also the Privateer series, or the the Swea, or the Legends of Asgard series, or the Libs, or...

There is no end.

For storage I have choosen a expensive solution, bank vault. 850SEK/year ( ~ £78). But that was the best solution I could think of for the gold and silver bullion coins. But I need another one. Then you have to try trick another bank that you will not store money/PM or such things because they don't allow it.

1 hour ago, seXes said:

For storage I have chosen a expensive solution, bank vault. 850SEK/year ( ~ £78). But that was the best solution I could think of for the gold and silver bullion coins. But I need another one. Then you have to try trick another bank that you will not store money/PM or such things because they don't allow it.

Be careful. Although some may consider me paranoid be careful. If the bank locks the doors you will not be able to get your coins. If the banking system collapses they will steal your coins.

http://www.internationalman.com/articles/the-end-of-the-safe-deposit-box-for-wealth-storage

A “Reasonable” Confiscation

The EU has declared that a “reasonable” confiscation might be all deposit amounts over €100,000, but there can be no certainty that they will ultimately limit their confiscation to that amount. Further, the IMF has recently run another confiscatory idea up the flagpole—an across-the-board percentage-based confiscation on all deposits. At this point, there can be no certainty as to how many different confiscations will occur, let alone what the total rape of deposits will be.

Banks are now a time bomb for depositors. Wealth storage in safe deposit boxes looks to become a thing of the past.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

2 hours ago, sixgun said:

Be careful. Although some may consider me paranoid be careful. If the bank locks the doors you will not be able to get your coins. If the banking system collapses they will steal your coins.

http://www.internationalman.com/articles/the-end-of-the-safe-deposit-box-for-wealth-storage

Yes, I'm aware of the risk. But I don't know how to else handle storage of the most valuable.

We also had an incident here in Sweden, a bank closed down the vault section,and one person said he didn't received the notification and lost all of the cash he stored there.

i said in a previous thread, where i used to live i had a small section of skirting board [plint]. i could pull it away and i had some gold coins wrapped up and hidden there. No-one would ever know it was there. Even if the house were burgled it would be safe. You have over 500 oz of silver. This is more difficult to hide but it is not so much. If you started investing more in gold i feel sure there is a place to hide it so it is safe. The other alternative is to have a safe. You can get wall safes that are accessed from an electrical socket, there are floor safes, there are way to hide your valuables that would not easily be found and you are in control of. When you have a very big stack it becomes a significant headache but you are not there yet.

index.jpg

images.jpg

On 19/11/2017 at 20:51, Stu said:

Blast from the past. Welcome back mate , what you been up to? I had just started stacking when u were last posting

Hi

I am back in the UK now, have been since 2015. Still buying silver, I have a spreadsheet but must admit I have not kept it up to date, but I will be around the 2500 oz mark. Just gone back to work in the Petrochemical sector again contracting. I am still around and visit from time to time. Just bought my eldest son a 10oz Australian tiger coin for his 40th in December. I could write an essay on where and what I have done but I won't.

Cheers

8 minutes ago, Keithoil said:

Hi

I am back in the UK now, have been since 2015. Still buying silver, I have a spreadsheet but must admit I have not kept it up to date, but I will be around the 2500 oz mark. Just gone back to work in the Petrochemical sector again contracting. I am still around and visit from time to time. Just bought my eldest son a 10oz Australian tiger coin for his 40th in December. I could write an essay on where and what I have done but I won't.

Cheers

Good to see you here again

Bosse68 :)

On 11/19/2017 at 14:06, seXes said:

After joining the PM market, and the forums discussing it. I have started to buy more bullion/bars, semi-numismatic coins, but still have main focus in the numismatic area.I have redone my spreadsheet for my coin collection to also show the PM content in the coins.

This month I have reach and past 500 troy ounce of silver, more exactly 539t oz.

Wonder if that makes me more a stacker then a collector now?

I would be interested in seeing the spreadsheet format.

this is what im using at the moment

Screen Shot 2017-11-22 at 10.06.05 PM.png

Archived