• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Premium members Christmas prize draw.

Bullionbilly

21 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

I personally think having multiple prizes for people is the best solution. Perhaps a happy medium is to split the prize pool into three groups. That way we get a decent prize pool to compete for.

We end up with three winners drawn on let's say Friday 22nd December and then people post items out after Christmas.

@kimchi I understand your personal situation - would this be a happy enough medium for you? 

I personally think this is a good medium. Good prize draw for entrants, good incentive for people to enter with cash rather than a prize and hopefully a few hundred quid for charity. You could even include that the winners get to choose the charity they would like the funds donated to.

That way kimchi if you won you could support a carers charity perhaps?

'No' on all fronts lol (how much money donated to carers' charities do you think actually get through to help in any way for carers - in terms of support, services, advice? I'll give a hint - not much, if anything!), but I do appreciate you asking BYB (you are always thoughtful and considerate and I thank you for that).

I'd completely understand if members wanted to make this a charity thing, with one member wins the most etc, but it's not for me.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, kimchi said:

'No' on all fronts lol (how much money donated to carers' charities do you think actually get through to help in any way for carers - in terms of support, services, advice? I'll give a hint - not much!), but I do appreciate you asking BYB (you are always thoughtful and considerate and I thank you for that).

I think unless it reverts to something resembling the original plan I'll duck out.

Soz.

Fair enough. 

I am just making suggestions here - I think we need a clear decision made from someone otherwise Christmas will roll along and nobody will win anything!

As I said, I am happy to organise the entries and raffle for a charitable type donate/pay to enter giveaway. 

If people would prefer a more traditional secret santa then I am also game for that.

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

3 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

Fair enough. 

I am just making suggestions here - I think we need a clear decision made from someone otherwise Christmas will roll along and nobody will win anything!

As I said, I am happy to organise the entries and raffle for a charitable type donate/pay to enter giveaway. 

If people would prefer a more traditional secret santa then I am also game for that.

I fall on the same side as @Roy I think though - we are all pretty lucky people to be able to afford the luxory of gold and/or silver and rather than giving ourselves a pat on the back and treats it is nice to also help the less fortunate as we do so. 

I've edited my post but it doesn't really matter at this point I guess.

You're making suggestions, but don't you think it's a bit late for you and @Roy to start thinking about changing the total premise when so many folk have signed up under the original basic idea? Yes it's wonderful to highlight folk who need help, but why only at this time of year (that's rhetorical - just meant to provoke self-reflection, perhaps)? It feels like a hijack when there are so many other things you could do quietly every day of the year to help other folk in more direct ways, it's a very naive way of looking at society imvho.

I find that 'pat on the back' very condescending, as is the 'less fortunate' bit.

I don't want to read any more of this nonsense, I'm out (sorry everyone else for bringing down the thread).

3 minutes ago, kimchi said:

I've edited my post but it doesn't really matter at this point I guess.

You're making suggestions, but don't you think it's a bit late for you and @Roy to start thinking about changing the total premise when so many folk have signed up under the original basic idea? Yes it's wonderful to highlight folk who need help, but why only at this time of year (that's rhetorical - just meant to provoke self-reflection, perhaps)? It feels like a hijack when there are so many other things you could do quietly every day of the year to help other folk in more direct ways, it's a very naive way of looking at society imvho.

I find that 'pat on the back' very condescending, as is the 'less fortunate' bit.

I don't want to read any more of this nonsense, I'm out (sorry everyone else for bringing down the thread).

Didn't mean to be condescending so I apologise for that. 

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

I think I can understand you @kimchi I take care of mine to but not full time. I personally don' care about the win or not. I joined for the fun and spirit for Xmas and because I like the people on the forum. So as long as we stick with fun and Xmas I don' care who gets what. Except @fehk2001 TProlls, those the prime prize  ?

2 minutes ago, airmac said:

I think I can understand you @kimchi I take care of mine to but not full time. I personally don' care about the win or not. I joined for the fun and spirit for Xmas and because I like the people on the forum. So as long as we stick with fun and Xmas I don' care who gets what. Except @fehk2001 TProlls, those the prime prize  ?

if u win I will make sure it is MADE IN UK :rolleyes: , or if u really want I can go to royal mint and get their toilet paper for u to " enjoy " 

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

25 minutes ago, fehk2001 said:

if u win I will make sure it is MADE IN UK :rolleyes: , or if u really want I can go to royal mint and get their toilet paper for u to " enjoy " 

Don't forget to gift wrap  :P

Call me selfish but I don't really want to be getting confused with the charity raffle thing.

I enjoyed donating last year because I knew that my donation would go to a like minded individual and would be enjoyed regardless of it's financial value (one oz ag and two cherished copper rounds).  It wasn't about money or charity. It was about giving a gift to a random person who would almost certainly be very pleased to receive it.  It was a nice little thing between people that mostly have a similar interest in coins and pm's regardless of how wealthy they are or are not.

Just my opinion for what it's worth

New profile pic to support the current thing, because it's current year.

Prizes so far

Me - tbc

@ChrisSIlver tbc

@shawy2510 1oz silver coin

@fehk2001 

1st prize is 2009 1/10 Britannia proof with original box and coa 

2nd prize is 2x toilet rolls ( undecided )

@Agpanda 2016 NGC MS 70 silverpanda

@Lr103 three 1 oz silver Eagles, with the option to instead receive the equivalent of 3 oz spot silver +5% via PayPal F&F. 

@airmac  a pair of Luxembourg silver coins

@augur 100 Cedis Ghana Leopard or 2oz Queens Beast Lion – winners choice. 

@Piggybank 1oz silver tbc

@BackyardBullion hallmarked baby ripple dragon 

@kimchi 2016 or 2017 Kook (winner's choice)

@PolarPanda1 OZ Silver Niue 2017 Darth Vader BU coin

@djlivewire 1oz 2017 silver Australian wedge tailed

eagle.

@Quicksilver 1oz bu.

@Jordie 1oz maple

@metallica73 2013 Silver £20 St George & Dragon is ok?

@Xander 2oz perth kook. 1995, 40- hour famine appeal privy mark. Boxed with coa

@Myblueheaven2018 1oz silver Australian lunar Dog

@richatthecroft1oz jm bar.

@daz £20 paypal

All jokes aside, what is going on withthis, I got side tracked with toilet rolls and charitable donations? 

Is it premium members only or the forum as a whole? 

10 minutes ago, Bullionbilly said:

Shall all donators vote ?

I vote. 1 prize per draw , 1 draw per day, for donators.

Sounds good to me! How about the final day though, two draws so everybody is still in the game, or the donator of the last prize can win it back?

1 hour ago, Jordie said:

All jokes aside, what is going on withthis, I got side tracked with toilet rolls and charitable donations? 

Is it premium members only or the forum as a whole? 

Premium/gold members draw, donate a prize to take part and have a chance of winning a prize.

The draw is yet to be organised so still time for more folk to join in! :)

Archived