• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

5 hours ago, ilovesilverireallydo said:

Well it’s not every day that you get something very hard to get on your wish list popping up. 

this beauty was saved for me by one of my regular dealers and got it at spot. Sadly no boxes but still an awesome find. 

Gold Mercury Dime 1/10oz

1D2163F9-9CE1-45A7-9957-C529D7839015.jpeg

4D95B852-39CD-4C5E-A0DF-88CB0F30AFAF.jpeg

Been after on of these for a while. Stunning. One will come up someday at a ok price.

Congrats 

Received an order from the European Mint today, unfortunately I'm having mixed feelings about it with the history I'm already having with them.

So far I have placed and received 2 orders. The quality of the coins were good, however some of the coin capsules these coins were in have seen better days, which to me doesn't seem to be the result of damage caused by the travel from Estonia to the Netherlands, but the result of somewhat lacking quality control at the side of the European Mint.

I contacted them about it, they said it's normal (something that already wasn't quite boosting my enthusiasm), but as they like to keep their customers happy, they'd pop in some replacement coin capsules with my next order to them.

Ordered this 10oz Queen's Beasts Falcon and five 1oz Rectangle Dragons last week, and they arrived today (at least kudos for having gotten my order within a week), along with 3 capsules to replace the capsules the 10oz Queen's Beasts are in that have seen better days.

Somewhat sadly the result is similar to my previous 2 orders; the coins are in good condition, and that's the most important in the end of course :), but the coin capsule of the Falcon isn't perfect (still acceptable, but definitely also not new), and the 3 replacement coin capsules definitely aren't new either, and one of them even has scratches on it.

All and all, it's luckily not as bad as with @Pete, who received a tube of Britannias from the European Mint that look as if somebody has been using them as plectrums to play guitar, but it has become clear to me the European Mint currently has some issues with their quality control. So I'm inclined to take my near future business elsewhere for now.

Screenshot_20191118-175954__01.jpg

Screenshot_20191118-180105__01.jpg

Edited by FunkyChicken

55 minutes ago, SILVERFINGER said:

Makes me wonder if a lot of these 'new' coins are infact second hand, if I look at coins my daughters had for years in her stack, the coins are mint, but some of the cases are doing their job and it shows.

There are different grades of clear capsules.
The very best are generally scratch resistant ( to a degree ) and the cheap cloned ones are generally scuffed in places even before you get them out of the bag.
Regardless of the capsule, your coin will definitely benefit from its protection.
When I get new coins I put them in good capsules and then place the cap inside a small ziplock bag just to protect the capsules from rubbing as they are just stored loose in a box.
One problem with this approach is the poly bags tend to be a bit slippery together, so if you try to pick up a few coins they tend to scatter in all directions.