• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

1 hour ago, JunkBond said:

Mintage 100

There are officially 101 hens teeth known to exist. This therefore really is rare than.........

The only other thing (that silly old me knows about) with 100 ‘mintage’ is the Christmas Minty Piggy Bank. I received mine yesterday. Photos to follow...

Absolutely stunning with the magic tree.

If it can help it says in russian ( old Slavic russian form ; like used at the church ) 

( From up to down )

Health 

Mind (?)

Luck

Success

Love

Fate

Happiness 

Actually I'm not sure if it s old russian ; jt might be old Slavic language we would have to ask a native speaker 

On 09/11/2019 at 13:18, Abyss said:

hank you @woody65 for the following 1 oz Gold 2011 Britannia coin I love the design. It s the first 1 oz Gold coin owned outside of the Queens Beasts series.... One down four more to go I am looking collect 1 oz Gold BU Britannia coins in the following years 2003/2008/2009/2010.

It might be worth giving ATS Bullion a call in the morning- you might strike it lucky:  

https://www.atsbullion.com/one-ounce-gold-coins/britannia-one-ounce-gold-coin-22-carat/#.XciVYy2cY8Y

11 hours ago, Pampfan said:

I just picked up these beautiful pamp bars while in Munich:

the rare pamp 8gm gold - tree of life

pamp 2.5 Gm gold st. George vs. dragon

pamp 2 Gm gold scorpio

more uploads you come.

23FFB267-AF08-439A-B7AA-79EC10E28C92.jpeg

5ADE6016-6EE2-4144-8904-F5037DB2F459.jpeg

D5005FDC-29D9-41EB-9A9D-039D94061AB9.jpeg

90F9096C-EDE9-4AEC-8326-53D07F464197.jpeg

97E2AC3D-B66F-4683-B47F-8152350D021F.jpeg

AF265766-6EF2-4CC3-81DA-E18B18FA69B1.jpeg

D601BDC9-BBA6-40F9-8369-DF1D32E959E2.jpeg

448D95EB-F352-441E-81BF-47081D2ED0A5.jpeg

Stunning! What sort of premiums if you don’t mind me asking? 

Would love to have these in the collection. A full pamp zodiac would look amazing 

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

On 04/11/2019 at 13:28, silverdocket said:

Take a few pictures  and email it to them.

They might pop them in your next delivery.

I've always found them very helpful.

Emailed the European Mint last Saturday, as that was the earliest possible time for me to make some photos of the coin capsules while being at home in the daylight (going to work when it's dark, and it's dark again when I get home again).

They responded earlier this morning (respect for their quick reply), that it is normal to have some scratches on the capsules, but as they want their customers to be satisfied, they will pop some replacement capsules in with my next order with them.

Although it is a nice offer, it is one that's not overly helpful for me now. And I actually think it's bad enough as it is that they send coin capsules out that are in such poor condition, as it's nothing a bit of quality control couldn't have prevented.

Then again, rather the capsules than the coins to have something to complain about. :) But still, what guarantee is out there that all of the coin capsules in my potential next order with them will be in good condition? Definitely something I will keep in consideration if I'm ordering with them again.

22 minutes ago, FunkyChicken said:

Emailed the European Mint last Saturday, as that was the earliest possible time for me to make some photos of the coin capsules while being at home in the daylight (going to work when it's dark, and it's dark again when I get home again).

They responded earlier this morning (respect for their quick reply), that it is normal to have some scratches on the capsules, but as they want their customers to be satisfied, they will pop some replacement capsules in with my next order with them.

Although it is a nice offer, it is one that's not overly helpful for me now. And I actually think it's bad enough as it is that they send coin capsules out that are in such poor condition, as it's nothing a bit of quality control couldn't have prevented.

Then again, rather the capsules than the coins to have something to complain about. :) But still, what guarantee is out there that all of the coin capsules in my potential next order with them will be in good condition? Definitely something I will keep in consideration if I'm ordering with them again.

You could be very  specific in your next order  that you don't want scratched capsules.

I know it's a pain I've got a few them but for the vast majority there okay.

I'd say it's more a case of how they received the coins.

I don't know what their markup is  or even if there is room to replace.

Me personally I wouldn't send them  if I was a supplier of new billion. You pay for the Capsule to be new 

On the other hand it is a case  to protect the coin.

Just place a small order and get your capsules.

29 minutes ago, silverdocket said:

You could be very  specific in your next order  that you don't want scratched capsules.

I know it's a pain I've got a few them but for the vast majority there okay.

I'd say it's more a case of how they received the coins.

I don't know what their markup is  or even if there is room to replace.

Me personally I wouldn't send them  if I was a supplier of new billion. You pay for the Capsule to be new 

On the other hand it is a case  to protect the coin.

Just place a small order and get your capsules.

And now that's what bugs me. Even a small order with the European Mint comes with fairly hefty shipping costs again, so you'll better make it a bigger order to make the shipping costs worth while. 

So for now, I'll just order some coin capsules somewhere else, hopefully I'll be invited to drop a review somewhere to give a piece of my mind, and I'll leave it at that. And I'll surely request to send my potential next order out with good coin capsules. 

Imagine you've ordered a smartphone somewhere, and it arrives with scratches on the back, and a star on the screen. And when you contact the seller about it, they say they do that more often, but they'll send you a screen protector with your next order to them as they want to keep their customers satisfied. Would be unacceptable, wouldn't it? 

But okay, suppose that's the risk of ordering something from somewhere abroad. Lesson learned...

Edited by FunkyChicken

6 minutes ago, FunkyChicken said:

And now that's what bugs me. Even a small order with the European Mint comes with fairly hefty shipping costs again, so you'll better make it a bigger order to make the shipping costs worth while. 

So for now, I'll just order some coin capsules somewhere else, hopefully I'll be invited to drop a review somewhere to give a piece of my mind, and I'll leave it at that. And I'll surely request to send my potential next order out with good coin capsules. 

Imagine you've ordered a smartphone somewhere, and it arrives with scratches on the back, and a star on the screen. And when you contact the seller about it, they say they do that more often, but they'll send you a screen protector with your next order to them as they want to keep their customers satisfied. Would be unacceptable, wouldn't it? 

But okay, suppose that's the risk of ordering something from somewhere abroad. Lesson learned...

You seen the 50% off shopping costs offer that @BackyardBullion has negotiated? (just in case you havent!)

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

34 minutes ago, ilovesilverireallydo said:

You seen the 50% off shopping costs offer that @BackyardBullion has negotiated? (just in case you havent!)

Yeah, I have. :) At least that's something to keep in mind.

27 minutes ago, silverdocket said:

@FunkyChicken even  if you have to go on eBay  for new capsules 

Are you still saved yourself a packet compared to the UK.

But I sympathise with you it's very   Annoying  

True to having saved plenty of $€£ compared to purchasing in the UK. :) Suppose you also pay VAT on all silver in the Republic of Ireland then (coins are not exempt, like they are over here)?

2 hours ago, FunkyChicken said:

Yeah, I have. :) At least that's something to keep in mind.

True to having saved plenty of $€£ compared to purchasing in the UK. :) Suppose you also pay VAT on all silver in the Republic of Ireland then (coins are not exempt, like they are over here)?

95% of our laws were made by the British establishment The other 5% is what the Irish government have managed to **** up since.. 😂😂

Yes we get gang raped too on taxes... same rates

18 minutes ago, Jamesd said:

Got these beauties today. Thanks @Stackerads

Display case will hopefully be here tomorrow for them 😃

20191111_145356.jpg

You have started a collection 😂 now you'll have to try and source the 10,25, and 50 utah goldbacks to make it a complete display........... Im a little OCD like that. 

21 hours ago, Toshunya86 said:

Absolutely stunning with the magic tree.

If it can help it says in russian ( old Slavic russian form ; like used at the church ) 

( From up to down )

Health 

Mind (?)

Luck

Success

Love

Fate

Happiness 

Actually I'm not sure if it s old russian ; jt might be old Slavic language we would have to ask a native speaker 

That's not Russian! It's written in BULGARIAN!