• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

35 minutes ago, gazer said:

Thank you I don't think its the best as a few hairline marks, but the rims and details are excellent. I will be disappointed if not at least ms60. I'm out at present but I will try and upload better photos. Cheers gazer.

Look forward to seeing the photos. I think it is particularly well worth grading if you think it its gEF- aUnc condition notwithstanding its 117 years old, 15k mintage and less than 2.5% of them graded by PCGS & NGC combined.  I have the Matte Proof Half which I bought from @shawy2510 and would like to acquire the Sovereign too- nice buy. 

4 minutes ago, AgD said:

@1817Karl has the spare I was just admiring the set 😁 but if he wants to sell it to me for say £150 then I could possibly take it 😁

sorry, my bad, not paying enough attention!

anyway my question still stands😊

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

@sovereignsteve & @AgD I'd be happy to let one of the sets go (and they are high grade) but for sensible money... I wouldn't describe £150 as sensible. Happy to discuss by PM if interested.  

1817.co.uk | Home of Britain's finest modern gold Sovereigns

www.1817.co.uk | karl@1817.co.uk | www.facebook.com/1817SovereignCollector

22 minutes ago, gazer said:

Here are the photos I promised best I can do. I haven't got a clue what they will be like.

Looks fabulous.  I am absolutely not the person to comment on what its potential grade might be, but I would agree with you, its a 60 or better.  Perhaps @sovereignsteve, @sg86 or @1817Karl might like to comment.  

25 minutes ago, richatthecroft said:

Looks fabulous.  I am absolutely not the person to comment on what its potential grade might be, but I would agree with you, its a 60 or better.  Perhaps @sovereignsteve, @sg86 or @1817Karl might like to comment.  

Superb coin, minuscule signs of wear. gEF -  Unc imo. Certainly in the early 60's dependent on the vagaries of the grader with regard to luster  and  overall appearance etc.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

6 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

Superb coin, minuscule signs of wear. gEF -  Unc imo. Certainly in the early 60's dependent on the vagaries of the grader with regard to luster  and  overall appearance etc.

Yes I would agree, beautiful matte coin, shame about the rim cut... Should grade well though and maybe early 60's as suggested, images aren't the best, but I would be disappointed if it graded 60. Would be interested in owning it @gazer.

Edited by 1817Karl

1817.co.uk | Home of Britain's finest modern gold Sovereigns

www.1817.co.uk | karl@1817.co.uk | www.facebook.com/1817SovereignCollector

Without seeing it in the hand, I would probably give it a PR62, though there appears to be some scuffing on the Obverse which may affect the result. 

My advice is always to check your coins with a 5 x loupe which is what the graders use. That way you see what they see. 

4 hours ago, SovTracker said:

Without seeing it in the hand, I would probably give it a PR62, though there appears to be some scuffing on the Obverse which may affect the result. 

My advice is always to check your coins with a 5 x loupe which is what the graders use. That way you see what they see. 

Thank you I will do, a 5x loupe. Cheers I didn't know what magnifying loupe they used good information. 

Cheers gazer.