• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

They fit in the wallet nicely, as do sovs.....gotta love the Saffers and Brits for practicality.....try going through customs with gold worth a certain percentage more than spot depending on the country......paperzzzzzz please....

Edited by Oldun

2 hours ago, AppleZippoandMetronome said:

Slightly poignant one here today consdiering the D-Day 75th Anniversary that has just passed. This came up for sale from a dealer who I think confused it for a normal silver 1oz Maple as the price was on par with those. It is a 2004 reverse proof SIlver 1oz Maple featuring a double privy mark which would have been for the 60th Anniversary of D-Day. Mintage according to Numista is 11698 so nice to add one of the lower mintage Maple privy's to the collection.

20190607_135023.jpg

20190607_135055.jpg

Looks nice...shame you can't get rid of that milk spot curse....I hate those damn things.

1 minute ago, DarkChameleon said:

Good luck and hope you get it,or you could get your whole set graded to prove it..lol..only joking

Thanks. The coin was meant to come with a Coa, but it didn't... the seller wasn't the most helpful (no-one from here), but the coin was only £100 so I can't complain too much! 

5 minutes ago, Bullionaire said:

Thanks. The coin was meant to come with a Coa, but it didn't... the seller wasn't the most helpful (no-one from here), but the coin was only £100 so I can't complain too much! 

I have troub,e keeping my own paperwork together and some people after they've sold their stuff think they have no responsibility left to help out....I doubt it was worth counterfeiting 1/4 oz gold with the boxes and such but fleabay is usually the best place to buy coa's etc and boxes.

5 minutes ago, silenceissilver said:

Today I received my Sigma Metalytics Precious Metal Verifier Pro.

Now let's see if I actually have any gold or silver.

P1020919.JPG

You must have a fair old stack to need this, I go with rare metal magnet, scales, micrometer....and I use my lcs, he tests my stuff for zero...to keep me sweet...lol.

4 minutes ago, DarkChameleon said:

You must have a fair old stack to need this, I go with rare metal magnet, scales, micrometer....and I use my lcs, he tests my stuff for zero...to keep me sweet...lol.

Not really, I only started last year but I plan to continue buying for another 20 years at least, and my first PM purchase ever was a fake, so I  don't want this to happen again. I'm still awaiting my new - bigger - neodym magnete as well.

Added 0 minutes later...
2 minutes ago, ST1986 said:

Any duty or extra fee's when it landed?

I will take a look at that link, many thanks

279.80 but I still paid the old price you see in the link.

Edited by silenceissilver

6 minutes ago, silenceissilver said:

Not really, I only started last year but I plan to continue buying for another 20 years at least, and my first PM purchase ever was a fake, so I  don't want this to happen again. I'm still awaiting my new - bigger - neodym magnete as well.

Added 0 minutes later...

279.80 but I still paid the old price you see in the link.

Over here for about $1400, no taxes...so about £1100

19 minutes ago, Bullionaire said:

Damn, I thought id found you a CoA but its for a 2003 coin... 

37 minutes ago, DarkChameleon said:

Looks nice...shame you can't get rid of that milk spot curse....I hate those damn things.

Curse of the Maple. I was surprised to see it though as I have a number of these which are produced to a much higher standard and this is the first I've seen with a spot. I suspect it has developed though due to being mishandled as it wasn't in it's original capsule. Still the price was right and I can tick that one off the list until I eventually find a complete one in original packaging to replace it