• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

4 hours ago, Quicksilver said:

Postman just delivered a 15oz MK barz, thanks to StackerMike

P9171177.JPG

I realy like that bar, just never had the funds for it.Well done, fondle it for me.

2 hours ago, Lindeman said:

My two gold Edward VII Perth mint Sovs - 1906 and 1907.  The 1907 has more definition - less wear, but pretty happy with both.  After paying auction fees etc they were about £249 each, averaging the two. Bit more than I posted yesterday..

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Nice to see the detail on the gold you just dont get on silver coins of the same period.

11 minutes ago, SilverPirate said:

I realy like that bar, just never had the funds for it.Well done, fondle it for me.

It’s been fondled for most of the day it’s my new favourite piece and looks great with the privateer rounds.

Only problem is over time I will have to acquire the rest of the MK Barz to go with it.

I know, I have two and had aditional two that I sold but didn't know they produce nonlocking ones.

Yes its the Subcom 42. The 42 is a reference to the legal clause that permits non-locking carry.

Back on topic, just had a good go-over the 1/4 Beast and I can't see any flaws, at least as far as my limited knowledge and observations are concerned :)

Picked up my deliveries in the US...here is the silver first. 

A pair of 10 oz Scottsdale Reserve bars; five Scottsdale 1 oz rounds (love the design!); a haul of proof 2016 Libertads; a pair of silver 2011 IOM Nobles (still wondering if they were made in any other year?); some Morgans, and two tubes of silver Queens Beast lions, the better ones I have put into the AirTite deep caps, the rest just kept in the RM tube. And finally a slabbed 2014 1 ounce Britannia proof.  

Have a few other goodies for some fellow Forum members as well. 

Enjoy!  

Lindeman 

image.thumb.jpeg.560bc3d1d483f688b2d8bab63bdc20e2.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.7976019757679fce3e580e2d04fb3acf.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.9ec99fb634bd758e042a5d3eb735c03b.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.6f99251d015bdf315268def91540686e.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.c940c45d76896563f09250152a36316d.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.8b2c7d53ae9e8d72297e7de73da7a6c6.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.bf2f5354b821606ec066e5d64af31fb2.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.9d0b0a7e70d31d9c3ca855b5178d6aec.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.98a2622e9fbe0bdc09224a37bdb83567.jpeg

Great pickups. Just drove home here from Miami and looking forward to picking up tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, sovereignsteve said:

So 0.1 ppt impurities instead of 1 ppt

maybe that'll stop any possible issues with the dreaded milk

Take a look at these from Chrissilver (NB all proofs not BU) and by his own admittance, only one of the series he has had developed a tiny tiny milk spot.

Alas, the potential for milk spotting is there due to the modern process and high purity (to my knowledge, for example, BU Britannias never spotted when they were .958 up until 2012). It is certainly putting some off from purchasing higher premium coins and that is fully understandable for those people and rightly so.

For the rest who wish to collect on, it has become a feature of modern semi numismatic coin collecting and may even be a non point about the coins in 20,30,40,50 etc years plus when the next generation look at them ? Who knows ? Me ? I have dipped into the 2017 Rooster silver proof set, the 2015 7 coin Libertad silver set, the nordfrim fuelled BU Britannia set run bonanza (2 of them with spares in most years, plus the 2 plainfields Britannias 2015-2016), the 2016 Britannia silver proof 6 coin set and reverse proof Britannia 2 coin set,  Prince George and Princess Charlotte Sterling silver proofs of births, christenings and birthdays, Queen commemorative silver sets etc. So far, with the exception of a couple of bog standard 2013 regular BU Britannias and a single Canadian Cougar wildlife coin, everything remains as bought.

Edited by Oldun

Taking my first look in hand ( they just growled in the door) at what will partner my incoming pair of 1/4oz beasts. Design of the lion beast is smashing. The size and everything else is pretty ordinary to be honest in my opinion. They do not look or feel like coins. But they will always be displayed beast side up and that side looks good. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Oldun