• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

5 hours ago, TheBeast said:

Back from NGC:

🐲 1 kilo silver lunar dragon privy 1 gram gold. Mintage of 388. 🐲

IMG_0145.jpeg

Wow, that is an impressive kilo round. These dragon series looked to have been nailed with the vivid colours

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/

5 hours ago, James32 said:

Thanks to @Dankanugget and hive book store 

PXL_20240911_132133981.jpg

PXL_20240911_132140133.jpg

Disappointed James, these aren't MS70 slabbed and graded :D 

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

7 minutes ago, TheShinyStuff said:

Those are just for the trolley at Waitrose.

Such a commoner...

8 hours ago, TheBeast said:

Back from NGC:

🐲 1 kilo silver lunar dragon privy 1 gram gold. Mintage of 388. 🐲

IMG_0145.jpeg

Beautiful. I tried ordering one but failed via Perth Mint website. Any idea if there are any other outlets that sell the kilo coin ungraded?

8 hours ago, MrStacker said:

Beautiful. I tried ordering one but failed via Perth Mint website. Any idea if there are any other outlets that sell the kilo coin ungraded?

Thank you! These are hard to find for a decent price.

https://www.emk.com/de-de/search?q=Lunar+2024+kilo
this is the only one I can find right now.

10 hours ago, AaaGee said:

Has the book got mintages of the Jubilee and Memorial bullion sovereigns?

May get a copy 👍

No. Though an FOIA request would tell you the 2022 mintages, the 2023 would probably not be available till next year. 

Buy the book anyway. It’s worth it.

Edited by AndrewSL76

25 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

No. Though an FOIA request would tell you the 2022 mintages, the 2023 would probably not be available till next year. 

Buy the book anyway. It’s worth it.

RM hasn't released bullion mintages for several years, and will not reveal them in response to an FOIA request for commercial reasons.

The specific reason they give is that it could jeopardize their ability to source blanks if their competitors can see how many they are requiring.

9 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

RM hasn't released bullion mintages for several years, and will not reveal them in response to an FOIA request for commercial reasons.

The specific reason they give is that it could jeopardize their ability to source blanks if their competitors can see how many they are requiring.

It all boils down to how you ask. I made a request for mintages recently and received a full response. This was for quarter sovereigns. Their point on blanks is nonsense and they only say that to people who don’t ask properly. 

2 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

It all boils down to how you ask. I made a request for mintages recently and received a full response. This was for quarter sovereigns. Their point on blanks is nonsense and they only say that to people who don’t ask properly. 

I expect they'd be more worried about being able to make full sovereigns. Do you have any recent mintages for those?

3 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

I expect they'd be more worried about being able to make full sovereigns. Do you have any recent mintages for those?

Never asked. I can do if you think it would help? This isn’t about being worried, it’s about transparency. Having released the quarter stats they really (legally) wouldn’t have a leg to stand on if they refused. 

What dates did you want? I can send the request later today. Maybe we start a different thread? Let me know?

5 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

Never asked. I can do if you think it would help? This isn’t about being worried, it’s about transparency. Having released the quarter stats they really (legally) wouldn’t have a leg to stand on if they refused. 

What dates did you want? I can send the request later today. Maybe we start a different thread? Let me know?

Anything over the past 10 years up until now would be fascinating. A new thread for keeping track of this is a great idea!

Here's a recent response I saw (not mine) if that would help hone the question. I'm not sure what the question actually was though.

IMG_9109.thumb.png.d075bf677bb2d3b5079cb173d907484c.png

I think the reason they're citing is the most interesting part about it.  Either it's a load of arrant bollocks or it's saying quite strange things about the market.

The Sovereign is the quintessentially British coin.  It has a German queen on the front, an Italian waiter on the back, and half of them were made in Australia.

12 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

Anything over the past 10 years up until now would be fascinating. A new thread for keeping track of this is a great idea!

Here's a recent response I saw (not mine) if that would help hone the question. I'm not sure what the question actually was though.

IMG_9109.thumb.png.d075bf677bb2d3b5079cb173d907484c.png

That’s the bog standard response to the question: “what are the mintage figures?” The question needs to be more clearly defined taking into account and acknowledging that the RM already publish mintage figures!!!

Edited by AndrewSL76