• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

8 minutes ago, Silfrfish said:

Another one of these pretty .800 silver things from 1898, better strike on the dragon in the later years sometimes and this one has nice detail I think. What to do about the tiny green spots 🧐🤔

6DE1504E-9FEC-49E7-BF71-5C229679273A.jpeg

Very nice detail on a coin 126 year old coin. Don’t know about the spots though. 

Just now, SyCstacker said:

Very nice detail on a coin 126 year old coin. Don’t know about the spots though. 

Mm I know, they obviously kept the price down and I am very happy with it overall 🙂. Now I have it in hand though… can’t it be even nicer?! Never satisfied 🙈

You know why you can’t trust atoms? 

1 minute ago, Silfrfish said:

Mm I know, they obviously kept the price down and I am very happy with it overall 🙂. Now I have it in hand though… can’t it be even nicer?! Never satisfied 🙈

The only green I normally see is on my copper pipes at the weld😁…This could be some sort of reaction to something that was touching it? if price was down, but not happy you could resell if you find an other. However it’s in better condition than some of my Brits, that’s for sure. 😂… I’d be happy if bought at right price. Good coin… 

4 minutes ago, SyCstacker said:

The only green I normally see is on my copper pipes at the weld😁…This could be some sort of reaction to something that was touching it? if price was down, but not happy you could resell if you find an other. However it’s in better condition than some of my Brits, that’s for sure. 😂… I’d be happy if bought at right price. Good coin… 

I’ll definitely keep it, was a great price and I did know about the bogeys 😊. You’re right it’s usually a chemical reaction, from the overall tone of the coin it’s definitely been cradled lovingly by pvc at some point in its life. These coins were 80% silver 20% copper so that might be the source of the verdigris there…

Sandblaster or pressure washer should clean it up in no time 👍 might even roll it through the Morrisons car wash for good measure 😉. But if anyone’s ever done anything more responsible conservation wise happy to take advice, though very resistant to cleaning in general. 

You know why you can’t trust atoms? 

33 minutes ago, Silfrfish said:

I’ll definitely keep it, was a great price and I did know about the bogeys 😊. You’re right it’s usually a chemical reaction, from the overall tone of the coin it’s definitely been cradled lovingly by pvc at some point in its life. These coins were 80% silver 20% copper so that might be the source of the verdigris there…

Sandblaster or pressure washer should clean it up in no time 👍 might even roll it through the Morrisons car wash for good measure 😉. But if anyone’s ever done anything more responsible conservation wise happy to take advice, though very resistant to cleaning in general. 

It's all part of the story - I'd be perfectly happy with it just the way it is.

36 minutes ago, Silfrfish said:

Brilliant 🤣

2 minutes ago, SyCstacker said:

Looks great 👍 

Cheers👍

3 minutes ago, James32 said:

Tbf I'd consider that an excellent grade for the age/history. Great pickup. 

Cheers👍

11 minutes ago, Petra said:

Thanks to @Clockpuncher for a great coin. Appreciate the grade, however, in hand it looks really great👍

IMG_0666.jpeg

Glad you like it - 61 is a decent grade on the 1902 half sovs (census below) - about the middle of the graded population. NGC are typically harsh on the matte proof finish from this issue but in hand they really do look special and a nice bit of variety compared to your regular proofs!

Screenshot 2024-08-28 at 19.04.10.png

48 minutes ago, Clockpuncher said:

Glad you like it - 61 is a decent grade on the 1902 half sovs (census below) - about the middle of the graded population. NGC are typically harsh on the matte proof finish from this issue but in hand they really do look special and a nice bit of variety compared to your regular proofs!

Screenshot 2024-08-28 at 19.04.10.png

Do you know what the W&R-410 one is all about?

4 minutes ago, SilverToday said:

Most recent Ancient Roman Solidus Gold coin I purchased. The obverse depicts Theodosius II Emperor from 408 to 450 AD. Legend reads A. D N THEODOSIVS P F AVG, helmeted, pearl-diademed and cuirassed bust facing slightly to right, holding spear over shoulder and shield decorated with horseman. 

The reverse shows Constantine (The Great), Roman Emperor from 306 to337 AD seated facing, head to right, holding scepter and Victory on globe, and resting foot on prow; star in left field, CONOB (Constantinople) in exergue. A splendid piece added to my Ancient Roman Gold coin collection. 

s-l960 (22).jpg

s-l960 (222).jpg

Wow, 😮 just wow.. what a coin (and collection you must have)… 👍

12 minutes ago, SyCstacker said:

Wow, 😮 just wow.. what a coin (and collection you must have)… 👍

Thank you kindly, much appreciated. 🫠

"Gold Is The Money Of Kings, Silver Is The Money Of Gentlemen."