• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

Doesn’t matter what is in the un delivered parcel, it may be that it was wrapped so that it wouldn’t fit through your letterbox 🤔

15 minutes ago, Petra said:

Doesn’t matter what is in the un delivered parcel, it may be that it was wrapped so that it wouldn’t fit through your letterbox 🤔

I'd agree but i was home at the time and do have a ring doorbell but nothing on it and no knocks at the time it said it was inaccessible.

In my experience, I find the 48 hour tracked no signature sometimes can take 3 to 4 days, with no way of knowing where it is until it arrives. . Been waiting for a coin myself that was posted TuesdayIMG_6471.thumb.jpeg.f34a8a728b88da8354aef9e9e72f06f3.jpeg

Definitely Royal Mail running their own routine.🤣

1 hour ago, Andygst said:

Nah it was actually just a 1oz silver coin so of lower value than the gold bar which is why i thought it was weird. The bar was signed for though and the coin is just tracked 48 so 2 different services which may still mean it was different posties. 

God knows, just RM doing RM things i suppose 😂

Must have been job and done. Only done half the round 🤣

16 minutes ago, AgD said:

The cutty sark from the nautical ounce series to keep me upto date and to join the rest of the fleet.

20240825_144631.jpg

20240825_144709.jpg

20240825_144813.jpg

That’s a great looking set all together 😀️. 

You know why you can’t trust atoms? 

6 hours ago, AgD said:

The cutty sark from the nautical ounce series to keep me upto date and to join the rest of the fleet.

20240825_144631.jpg

Love this series! Thanks for the post/heads up, didn't know this wee fella had even been released! Off to order mine from Martin now!  

8 minutes ago, Rugbyplayer said:

Love this series! Thanks for the post/heads up, didn't know this wee fella had even been released! Off to order mine from Martin now!  

No problem buddy, it wasn't that long ago the 2023 was released, according to my purchase history with Martin.

11 hours ago, Mysstree said:

Is the item of a higher value than the delivered one?

I had two special deliveries due on the same day. One was for up to £750 compensation and was delivered by the postman on foot doing his round.

The other was delivered by a van outside my home and that was for up to £2500 compensation.

Both delivered on the same day.

Perhaps Royal Mail are not keen on the foot soldiers carrying a lot of potential valuables?

Had some thing similar before. The issue may have been that the different items were processed for delivery at different locations. At my place, Parcel force deliveries come from one depot, Standard and some special deliveries from the local sorting office and some of the special deliveries from a different depot again. I've had 3 deliveries from 3 different Royal Mail posties before now. Bonkers.

3 minutes ago, AgD said:

No problem buddy, it wasn't that long ago the 2023 was released, according to my purchase history with Martin.

Ha yeah there was the random 2024 release of the 2023 Great Eastern coin in April. Looking forward to adding this 2024 one.....now I know it's out! 

On 24/08/2024 at 12:35, SyCstacker said:

Just received my first TSF purchase, the tiny 1g 2 Diner gold coin from @NumisNewbie, through auction. Something different and quite rare. Perfect condition arrived quickly after some running around on his part. Very pleased, thank you @NumisNewbie

IMG_6466.thumb.jpeg.57ac5b264846d30823101841d9270be7.jpeg

Great stuff Sy, we got there in the end. Enjoy the coin!

22 hours ago, Andygst said:

I'd agree but i was home at the time and do have a ring doorbell but nothing on it and no knocks at the time it said it was inaccessible.

I have grown to hate RM for exactly this sort of bs, which happens more often than not these days. Just be honest. They'd get our grudging respect at least. But no, they rather do these pathetically transparent cover ups instead. Ho hum.

Edited by NumisNewbie
grammah

4 hours ago, Silfrfish said:

Anytime you can build a good relationship with someone you rely on for something (reliable discreet delivery) it’s worth it imo 🙂. Helps that she swears like a trooper

I do that with the ladies in the post office and my postman but it's the idiots in-between them that seem to mess it all up. 

Lost a lovely PF70 gold coin to one of royal mails finest 2 weeks ago. 😒

1 hour ago, SilverRich said:

I do that with the ladies in the post office and my postman but it's the idiots in-between them that seem to mess it all up. 

Did you manage to get compensation?!

1 hour ago, SilverRich said:

Seriously? Did they stand over it?

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C--YdF1qr5s/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Not received yet but being posted by LMUK tomorrow! just logged on to insta and saw a vid of it the prototype set i won on auction. Might keep it for myself now instead of giving it to my son 😂

1 hour ago, Andygst said:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C--YdF1qr5s/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Not received yet but being posted by LMUK tomorrow! just logged on to insta and saw a vid of it the prototype set i won on auction. Might keep it for myself now instead of giving it to my son 😂

🙄……….that’s men for you😆

A coin is not only a store of value but a store of beauty.

Amor Vincit Omnia.

14 hours ago, Mx19 said:

Did you manage to get compensation?!

Claim submitted but they state it can take 30 days to review which is fun and they won't even let you submit a claim until after 5 working days which is quite frankly ridiculous when you've paid for SD 1pm. 

14 hours ago, James32 said:

Seriously? Did they stand over it?

Yep. I sent off about 20 parcels and that was the only one that didn't get delivered the next day. 

Still says "Accepted at parcelshop" and that's it. 

Edited by SilverRich

7 minutes ago, SyCstacker said:

Finally arrived… 😁
Decided a while ago to collect 1 each of all 1oz official RM silver Britannia’s. All I need is the 2018 reverse & proof set to complete, (may get W16’s, Y2K if I ever see them). 
Probably should have got silver bullion and gold only.. but 🤷‍♂️

IMG_6475.thumb.jpeg.67a4cad113b74c48f8224bb61353852f.jpeg

Love the 2023 design 😍