• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

11 minutes ago, shawy2510 said:

Finally managed to pick a Coca Cola Sovereign up again. I had 1 for years & sold it I have regretted it since.

20240625_203921.jpg

20240625_203954.jpg

20240625_204008.jpg

Very unusual - never seen one of those before! Nice 👌👍 Are other carbonated drinks available ? 🤷‍♂️

Two parrots were sitting on a perch. One said “can you smell fish?”

48 minutes ago, shawy2510 said:

Finally managed to pick a Coca Cola Sovereign up again. I had 1 for years & sold it I have regretted it since.

20240625_203921.jpg

20240625_203954.jpg

20240625_204008.jpg

Fab coin. Well done Andrew!! BTW the 00001 on the COA is that the serial number?

9 minutes ago, sellerstacker said:

Fab coin. Well done Andrew!! BTW the 00001 on the COA is that the serial number?

No that is a generic coa, the coa is one engraved into the coin 10195

14 hours ago, shawy2510 said:

20240625_203921.jpg

20240625_203954.jpg

20240625_204008.jpg

Very interesting piece. Coca Cola logo looks pretty cool in gold! I’ve only seen the branded silver bullion with the Coca Cola imprint like the small bars. Good to know they actually made a few pieces in gold too. 

10 minutes ago, JamesH said:

Few bits of shiny for today. Jubilee and Coronation Sovs plus a tiddler memorial 1/4 for the tin

IMG_0821.jpeg

Nice gold haul. All from the same source / dealer ? 

15 hours ago, shawy2510 said:

20240625_203921.jpg

20240625_203954.jpg

20240625_204008.jpg

you went to the auction then?

9 minutes ago, DavePa said:

Nice gold haul. All from the same source / dealer ? 

All the Sovs from same seller. Just the quarter from elsewhere 👍🏼

Just now, Esjayc said:

I somehow picked up an 1880 young head sovereign for £400 delivered. Fair enough it's only bullion and not in a great grade, but couldn't believe the price when I saw it.

Not looked at it properly, but want to find it in Marsh as there are several varieties there for 1880.

IMG_0669.jpg

IMG_0670.jpg

ww buried, small BP, short tale - Marsh 91

Just now, Esjayc said:

I wonder on closer inspection if it's Marsh 91A - I don't know if it's a 7/8 overdate - some better photos....

IMG_0676.jpg

IMG_0677.jpg

IMG_0679.jpg

IMG_0682.jpg

I was just typing that, it is as it is a long tail and looks to me like an overdate - good find mate

image.png.062362aca34d670ff3876079a0d759da.png

57 minutes ago, shawy2510 said:

No it was an online auction that I was viewing. Not Ebay though

Yep saw that one, nearly bid myself. How much was postage from them?

27 minutes ago, Brit2023 said:

Yep saw that one, nearly bid myself. How much was postage from them?

I got some coins from another auction aswel & the same company collected & posted both. The auctioneers don't post so its external. The cost was £55 for both auctions which is insane & currently in dispute with them over the cost. All in all though the Coca Cola Sovereign cost me under spot so happy with that.

3 minutes ago, shawy2510 said:

I got some coins from another auction aswel & the same company collected & posted both. The auctioneers don't post so its external. The cost was £55 for both auctions which is insane & currently in dispute with them over the cost. All in all though the Coca Cola Sovereign cost me under spot so happy with that.

That’s why I didn’t bid as too far to drive for me. Good pick up though well done they are a cool coin.

On 21/06/2024 at 09:47, CoinStruck said:

Yes being the weak man I am went back to the coin fair and spent the rest of my Hong Kong 🇭🇰 spending money on another 1/20th Panda 🐼. This one is 1992.

View is from the top of Victoria Peak.

IMG_3731.jpeg

IMG_3730.jpeg

IMG_3715.jpeg

One of my favourite places and amazing views. The Big Buddha (Lantau) is maybe my favourite view in HK, the top of the Ritz isn't too bad either 🤗

Strange economics in HK that make gold dirt cheap relatively speaking. No taxes on metals, LPM and Kitco have their Asian HQ there, the gold:Real estate ratio is insane

Mind is primary and mass-energy is derivative