• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

4 hours ago, stackspot said:

A piece of perfection

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I have never seen a photos of a gold Panda in which the wood appears to be the correct hue and color, the plastic packaging appears to be the correct hue and color, but the alleged coin looks to be a completely incorrect hue and color. I have personally photographed coins on wooden surfaces and this fact has never changed the color or hue of the coin. Also, while it is possible that strong ambient light in the room could cause a color shift to be seen on parts of the coin, when I look at the reflected light color on the plastic, I am having a difficult time understanding why the item inside would take on a color and hue that is so different from that which a gold coin would reflect,

It's just odd and I could see why a number of people would automatically assume it wasn't a gold coin from those pictures.

On 22 June 2016 at 18:00, mmissinglink said:

I have never seen a photos of a gold Panda in which the wood appears to be the correct hue and color, the plastic packaging appears to be the correct hue and color, but the alleged coin looks to be a completely incorrect hue and color. I have personally photographed coins on wooden surfaces and this fact has never changed the color or hue of the coin. Also, while it is possible that strong ambient light in the room could cause a color shift to be seen on parts of the coin, when I look at the reflected light color on the plastic, I am having a difficult time understanding why the item inside would take on a color and hue that is so different from that which a gold coin would reflect,

It's just odd and I could see why a number of people would automatically assume it wasn't a gold coin from those pictures.

Ehmmmm

Refraction maybe?

Edited by stackspot

A few bits which have been on back order for ages.  The Cougar, Horned Owl which I thought I had but had actually missed and the 1.5oz Snow Falcon.  Seems that the 1.5oz series has been long forgotten since the Arctic Fox moons ago.

As a collector of rounds I also picked up the Guy Harvey Orca, Goldsilver.com  2016 Pegasus and Ajax. 

The most disappointing but not surprising purchase are the 2015 RAM Privy Britannias.  Around half have milk spotted and I'm sure that some of it is caused by improper handling as I can see what I believe to be finger prints.  I think I'll pair them up with spotty Horse Privys and sell.

2016-06-24 13.21.48.jpg

2016-06-24 11.52.06.jpg

2016-06-24 11.51.27.jpg

I will be honest. I am disappointed in RM Quality Control for 2oz Beasts. Something is going extremely wrong with the production of these coins.

I received three coins directly from Royal Mint Bullion in capsules and every single one had tiny marks on the Queen's cheek.

Perhaps this part of the design is too high and perhaps when these coins all stored in tubes prior to being placed in the capsules they have a tendency to scuff.

f3df5c9b942b7aec5c681c6bcada21ec.jpg

925d6a92b0e10335ef6f2f2a8005f295.jpg

As I have said before these are premium items and something more than pure metal (bullion). It is clear to me that enrollment need to change that production method to be sure 100% that these marks do not appear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Numistacker said:

I will be honest. I am disappointed in RM Quality Control for 2oz Beasts. Something is going extremely wrong with the production of these coins.

I received three coins directly from Royal Mint Bullion in capsules and every single one had tiny marks on the Queen's cheek.

Perhaps this part of the design is too high and perhaps when these coins all stored in tubes prior to being placed in the capsules they have a tendency to scuff.

As I have said before these are premium items and something more than pure metal (bullion). It is clear to me that enrollment need to change that production method to be sure 100% that these marks do not appear.

I agree Numi. I think the queen must be ever so slightly higher than the rim. I just returned 3 of them back to The Coin Shoppe for the very same reason. Mine were definitely from a tube as they didn't come in capsules. I received a full refund. It's a shame , really. They are beautiful coins.

1 hour ago, QuickSilver1934 said:

I agree Numi. I think the queen must be ever so slightly higher than the rim. I just returned 3 of them back to The Coin Shoppe for the very same reason. Mine were definitely from a tube as they didn't come in capsules. I received a full refund. It's a shame , really. They are beautiful coins.

Everyone that has bought and swapped the queens beasts must have some patience especially @Numistacker........ Just think only got 9 more to collect!!!

8 hours ago, Numistacker said:

Shame I was looking to buy some of these pre launch. Maybe not worth the hassle. 

My unboxed no coa handled 1989 anniversary 1/2 and full sovereigns finally came back from grading. I really was not expecting much so pleasantly surprised with a 69.

Picked the 1/2 sov up for about 100 quid or so a couple of years ago and the full sov for about 400 quid a few years ago and happy to know they are not fakes.

image.thumb.jpeg.f4035646687b4a4b77a833dfb5ebab9c.jpeg

Grading the 1sov is a great way to add value and credibility to this coin. I had an ms68 Grade given to me by NGC for mine which was one from a three coin set even that sold for over 800 pounds. I sold the half sovereign as well which was an ms69 and I kept the double sovereign which I have at the moment.